+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

FORT Newbie

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Reading the book as well - she is awful!
    And knowing all about Narcissitic Mothers - and whoooo boy Kate is a big one!!! - poor Mady and Collin have become the scapegoat children. That's why Mady is acting out in the way she does and I feel very sorry for her.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

It's available to borrow for free if you have Amazon Prime. Tapper is right . . . eye opening. It just confirms the rumors that have been flying about her for years. This is NOT a nice person.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Ok.. I took about 2 minutes to look on Google..and I still don't have the answer.. did SHE write it? Who did, and how do they KNOW all the info?

(unknowing, somewhat dense and always curious)
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

No, she didn't write it. It was written by a friend of Jon's . . . Robert Hoffman. He worked for US Weekly, and was assigned to follow Khate around. He also dug through her trash and got her hand-written journals and other stuff. He saw on a daily basis just what a narcissistic, cold-hearted person she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Ok.. I took about 2 minutes to look on Google..and I still don't have the answer.. did SHE write it? Who did, and how do they KNOW all the info?

(unknowing, somewhat dense and always curious)
    Maveno - The book was written by Robert Hoffman, a tabloid reporter who covered the family years ago for US Weekly, but he got much of his information from Kate's writings in her personal journal. Hoffman got his information from various other sources as well, including first-hand experiences and interviews with family/friends/employees. Still, the most damaging material about the abuse of her children came directly from Kate's own writings in her journal, which he found on computer disks she had thrown in the trash.

Last year Kate sued her ex-husband and Hoffman for hacking and wire-tapping, but she was forced to drop the complaint after Jon's lawyer ripped it to shreds and proved it to be without merit. She has never denied the authenticity of the journal writings. On the contrary, she registered her journal for copyright protection.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I don't know her at all.I saw one episode when the kids were small, and had no interest .I saw the party, I heard the kids say they liked her cooking, she always cooks healthy. Is there any truth to her, is the book 100% true. ? I think she comes across as unlikeable, but then I don't have 8 kids..
    I can't hate her, I don't know her. ..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't know her at all.I saw one episode when the kids were small, and had no interest .I saw the party, I heard the kids say they liked her cooking, she always cooks healthy. Is there any truth to her, is the book 100% true. ? I think she comes across as unlikeable, but then I don't have 8 kids..
    I can't hate her, I don't know her. ..
    I agree - I don't hate her, but I find her actions disturbing. When a person puts celebrity, fame, etc. over taking better care of your children, or seeing them more as money bags than children (and that does come across) I have a lack of respect for that person.

What is worse is that the network and other networks/book companies/etc. enable her to continue this behavior. I notice it with other folks who have had a taste of fame (Amy's Baking Company for example). When the popularity or interest fades, they do whatever they can to stay relevant instead of earning it the right way - which yes is the hard way.

As one has mentioned Jon is not perfect either, I don't agree with some of his behaviors/actions and he could've overruled this show long before it was even produced. That said, he at least got a reality check (not reality TV reality check - that's different) and realized his decisions were affecting the kids negatively and tried to stop it and is trying to find a way to protect the kids. I do respect he is also does a regular job and yes while he does still have his tabloid moments/tries to get into the media, it's far FAR less than Kate.
    mushybrain and AZChristian like this.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Ahhhh.... got it.

Thanks AZchristian & mushybrain.. interesting. Funny, who throws stuff like that in the trash nowadays?? LOL What a dummy.
    mushybrain and AZChristian like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I watched the original show and the ones after she split from Jon, until it went off the air. When they came back recently, I declined to watch. I did catch a little of the birthday show. It was the same old Kate alright, but not as nasty. I have to ask who keeps a pooping bird on your kitchen counter? I don't get it. She's the clean freak who used to clean after she cleaned.

Kate revealed who she was in the early days by the way she scolded, yelled at and talked down to Jon. Regardless of what Jon did, she could not allow him peace. I watched all the episodes and it was clear that woman is disturbed. Her public tirades were inexcusable.

What ever transpired with her brother and his family. I know he, his wife and kids were very close to Kate and the kids at one time, but they parted ways when they stood up for the truth. Did they ever reconcile?

The split came when TLC wanted to pay the brother and sister-in-law as they were on so often. Kate would not allow it, and she broke off the relationship. The kids only get to see them when they're with Jon.

As some of you may remember from an earlier post, I don't use the word "hate." But I do sometimes refer to her as"Khate" because of the hateful way she treats pretty much everyone.

+ Reply to Thread