+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Why is she getting a two part special? ugh just like a bad penny refusing to go away!
    ness, lilymax and overseas like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Why is she getting a two part special? ugh just like a bad penny refusing to go away!
    Or a case of athlete's foot that just KEEPS coming around!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

OMG I am so sick of this biotch. She is worthless, uses her kids to have a lavish lifestyle and those poor kids are traumatized. The sooner this heffer goes away the better. I don't hate many, I HATE her.

As much as I'd love to see how the children have grown I probably won't watch the show. Kate drives me nuts! Cannot stand her. As far as I'm concerned, her 15 minutes of fame are sooooooo over.
    libgirl2 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I have softened a bit toward Kate - but ONLY a very small bit

She is controlling but she does seem to have a good relationship with her kids, and if I had the choice between a Hollywood lifestyle and the one they were living prior to the show, I would most definitely take the former. And, I never questioned her love for her kids nor her desire to want the best for them.

What I do have problems with is how she treated John, friends, fans, etc. She is such a strong and disciplined person that I think bull-dozing over people to get what she wants is just part of who she is...regardless of what that does to the bulldozees! I don't begrudge Kate for wanting a decent life for her and her kids. It's how she does it that I take issue with.

And....I'm 1000% on Jon's side in all things Jon vs. Kate.

I hope time away from the cameras has been good for the kids.
    Need40winks likes this.

I can't give her any props for having a good relationship with her kids. Its an expectation to have that!
    ness, FlyAKite, lilymax and 1 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I will have to disagree, Jexter. I don't think she has a good relationship with her children at all. I think she has her kids scared to death of her (except Mady), so they do whatever they must to appease her. They have learned what to do so they don't suffer her wrath. Those children always look miserable and tentative around her. There is absolutely no joy in their interactions, and it is so sad.

In all the thousands of photos and hours of tape of this family, I have never seen anything that even remotely suggests she enjoys having her kids around her. She constantly berates them and finds fault with what they do, all while pretending it is because she is in "control." I believe a parent can be in control without demeaning, ridiculing, threatening, or physically/verbally/emotionally/mentally mistreating her children. Sadly, there has been a lot of physical evidence, including her own written and spoken words, that proves she does/has done all these things constantly to her kids.

I have followed this story rather closely from early on because something about the exploitation of children has always made my blood boil. I have never bought her poor pitiful me story, and the fact is, the family was leading quite a comfortable life before the cameras came calling. I don't begrudge anyone wanting a decent life for their kids, but don't make the kids work for that life, and don't sell their privacy for it. She has built a pampered lifestyle for herself on the backs of her children, and continues to want them to foot the bill for her celebrity and that Hollywood lifestyle. I find that unconscionable and repulsive. I will bet that her children will come to understand how they were used and will end up having no relationship with her at all.
    PIMguy, mom2, Florimel and 8 others like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

and now the book is being re-released. Her own words how she beat her kids and cheated on her husband.

This bitch is finally going to get what she deserves
    sclilred1 and overseas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    and now the book is being re-released. Her own words how she beat her kids and cheated on her husband.

This bitch is finally going to get what she deserves
    I hope so, tapper01. But she somehow manages to escape any serious scrutiny. Everyone is on to her now, and she is pretty much universally reviled, but I just wish she would be held accountable for her actions.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

I watched Kate on celebrity wife swap. The girls seemed really well adjusted. The boys didn't warm to the cameras and seemed distant.

I'm reserving full judgment until I see a little more.

+ Reply to Thread