+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

AZChristian likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

And it probably got a lot worse when they got home and there was no one around to hear except the equally terrified sextuplets.

Khate . . . give up. No one cares about you any more. You're 16 minutes into your 15 minutes of fame.
    tinderbox and tapper01 like this.

FORT Fogey

Reading the article MissDiva posted made me wonder something, based on Kate's pre-interview Tweet. She said that Maddy and Cara were excited to talk on the Today show about all things teenager, but the interview was about how they are doing. I don't watch the Today show very often, and didn't see any promotion for the interview. Did anyone else? I'm wondering if it had been publicized ahead of it happening, and if so if the promos said they were talking about life after Jon and Kate Plus 8, or talking about life as teenagers. Knowing how some TV shows work with booking guests, I could see how producers of the Today show would present it as a chance for the girls to give their perspecitve on being teens. Of course, I could also see them booking it with Kate as a follow up to the People interview and Kate telling the girls they were going to give their perspective as teens. But if the girls went out there thinking they were going to be the voice of the teen generation telling the Today show what they thought about various things, and instead were asked questions about how they are doing after their parents divorce, I can understand why they were hesitant to answer - they weren't prepared. Put on top of that Kate barking at them to use words and it makes total sense why they would behave the way they did. They may have been realizing they were set up (either by the Today show or their mom) as they were on TV.

The top of conversation was to be how being on a reality tv show did not change them. It was a follow up to the people mag story!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Hmmm . . . wonder when we can put our names on the waiting list for the "tell-all" book that those kids are going to write.
    captain, libgirl2 and GabbyG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    That F@#$ B@#% expected her daughters to parrot her line about how bad their dad is and those girls just couldn't lie. Did you see kate snap her fingers and say Mady your words.... It is like the daughters decided to FU 'mommie" Maybe Mady was saying...ha wish you had given me water now don't ya bitch.
    Bolding mine...

That was the one of the most uncomfortable live interviews I've ever seen. I truly believe those girls had a pact to keep their mouths shut to embarrass their mother on national television. Maddie crumbled a bit and actually spoke a few words but the attitude and looks she gave Kate spoke volumes!!!

I cannot stomach Kate Gosselin. It doesn't matter what the subject matter of the interview was supposed to be...SHE knew questions would be asked of her children about growing up on tv. Those kids could be interviewed 25 years from now and those questions would always be asked.

I don't believe Kate, or her children, will be on The Today Show ever again. Savannah was disgusted. I also hope Kate's (...and Jon's) relationship with People Magazine ends very soon. That magazine enables the heck out of that family.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 01-17-2014 at 12:39 PM.

FORT Fogey

I think the Today Show would book them again in a minute. The disaster gives them a lot of publicity, and they would be able to promote the next interview to make sure that GMA viewers turned into Today the next time to see the train wreck. I was actually very bothered by some of the questions that Savannah asked in the interview. At one point, she was asking about bringing the kids into the spotlight, and back into the spotlight. That spotlight would not exist if shows like Today did not book them. So it seemed very disingenuous to me that Savannah would point a finger at Kate, knowing full well that NBC is in on the act too.

She's getting just what she wants. If people stopped feeding her need for celebrity by not talking, posting, tweeting, or whatever about her, she would finally disappear. The is the first time in years, I've written anything about her; it will be the last.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think the Today Show would book them again in a minute. The disaster gives them a lot of publicity, and they would be able to promote the next interview to make sure that GMA viewers turned into Today the next time to see the train wreck. I was actually very bothered by some of the questions that Savannah asked in the interview. At one point, she was asking about bringing the kids into the spotlight, and back into the spotlight. That spotlight would not exist if shows like Today did not book them. So it seemed very disingenuous to me that Savannah would point a finger at Kate, knowing full well that NBC is in on the act too.
    No I thought Savannah conducted herself and her questions absolutely fine.

Kate DECIDED all on her own to agree to do an article in PEOPLE. I am sure PEOPLE called and Kate gladly answered. Kate could have said NO.

SAME for the TODAY show.

TODAY did not TWIST Kate's arm into appearing on the show. Kate could have easily said NO.

Kate is the only ONE responsible for putting those kids IN and OUT and BACK INTO the spotlight.
    tinderbox and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

My girlfriend said she is on the View Monday.(. she heard the children were as well )
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread