+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    As bad as this may be, now I really want to read the book! If Kate had just let it go there wouldn't be all this added publicity. Knowing these two though it could be all about the publicity. No one really hacked anyone and they are in on the whole thing. Kate gets a cut of the money after the lawsuit being dismissed and the book released.
    It's hard to believe that the loving mother of eight children would sell out her soul . . . and her kids . . . and her marriage for fame, fortune, and publicity.

Oh wait - I forgot we were talking about Kate Gosselin. Forget what I just wrote. She has and would do exactly that.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    The only thing I will say about that story is that the book has been pulled from Amazon and the reason given appears to be because details were obtained illegally. Doesn't mean Jon is the one who obtained the information - but there obviously is something to this. I also don't know who released the story. Lawsuits are public records, so if someone was watching the court dockets, they would have found this. I dislike Kate as much as most of you - but at least on this one, seems like she has a legitimate beef against someone. And of course that doesn't change the fact that even though the stuff was obtained illegally, it obviously existed and it doesn't paint a pretty picture of her (which I'm sure is no surprise to anyone).
    I suspect the claim that information from her private journal was used is just bogus, that Hoffman lied about it. So the witchy spoon-spanking stories are either untrue or were related to him by Jon - who doesn't have much in the way of credibility going for him.

If you are even vaguely interested, you can read the complaint filed against Jon, his partner Hoffman, and 20 "John Doe" defendants here

Kate Gosselin files Federal lawsuit against Jon Gosselin, Robert Hoffman and John & Jane Does 1-20 for Computer hacking, Identity theft, Civil conspiracy and Wire Tapping.

The allegations are serious. Claim is made that Kate Gosselin's passwords and private information was stolen via the use of "hacking" software and/or hardware. Her bank accounts were hacked as well as her email accounts and cell phone. Hoffman's claims that he found all this information in the trash is simply not credible, as none (or very little) of such information would have ever existed on paper.

While Jon certainly could access the computer legally, he exceed any such autority when he hacked her passwords (as alleged).

She does not have to prove that she sustained financial loss as a result of this (except her real damages claim of $5K). The punishment for the theft under all the laws cited is monetary.

What I find most bewildering about this suit is that, if she is granted monetary relief on all the counts, how does her attorney think he can execute on the judgment? Where's the money? We know Jon doesn't have it. Hoffman probably doesn't either. It makes me wonder who the John Doe's are.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

The book was not pulled from Amazon because its contents were supposedly obtained illegally. TLC had it pulled citing copyright and intellectual property infringement issues. Hoffman had included the entire, exact, actual contracts between the Gosselins and Discovery/TLC/Figure 8 Films, along with other contracts from other companies. Amazon's policy is to remove any material where there are questionable copyright issues like that.

The most telling fact in this whole ugly mess is that no one in Kate Gosselin's camp, including herself, has EVER said that the journal entries included in the RH book are not authentic. They dance around the subject. Her longtime legal representation from TLC did not take her case, which also says a lot. I have read the book, and there is no way that someone could successfully duplicate Kate's "voice" and writing style throughout the number of journal entries that are included.

RH wrote a very detailed description of how he came to be in possession of the material. It is actually a pretty sad picture. He was helping Jon clean out his belongings from the apartment over the garage after Kate demanded that Jon leave. The police ended up being called that night, and there is a report of what actually happened. All that was left behind, including computer discs, Kate threw into the trash. RH retrieved everything from the trash the next day, documenting with photos everything he did and all he took. He was given a lie detector test about his account, and passed. He never said that the information was in paper format. RH has said from the beginning that he found discs.

As for the hacking issue, KG will have a very difficult time proving this. She and Jon were still married at the time of the incident, so he would legally have every right to access family accounts. He was the IT guy in the family, so it isn't a stretch to assume that he would know account passwords. The other issue is that there is a Statute of Limitations for these charges. This incident happened in 2009, and Kate gave an interview back then saying she suspected her private information was accessed.

Everything about this lawsuit smells like nothing more than another attention grab and a way to destroy her ex. Filing a lawsuit against her children's father (who probably doesn't have a dime to give her) is just another attempt for her to play the victim card and try to get herself some kind of TV gig. It is clear she will never forgive him for pulling the plug on the children working.

She doesn't understand that she has been her own worst enemy. People saw her ugliness on her TV shows and in interviews. They saw how unappreciative and entitled she was. They saw how she lied about being a poor mom who had no help (as the personal chef and scores of volunteers and paid helpers came and went). They saw how miserable and lazy she was on Dancing With The Stars. They came to abhor her constant exploitation of her children (she is still using them today to try to sell her new cookbook). She has had opportunity after opportunity, and it has always been her own rude, terrible behavior that has made those turn bad or gotten her fired (e.g., her Coupon Cabin gig). And yet she continues to try to blame others.

It would do her well to get herself a steady job and come to terms with the fact that people are not interested in seeing her trying to get richer on the backs of her children.
    Need40winks and AZChristian like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I have the book, read it and watching clips of episodes that go along with the book it is TOTALLY true. Khate is a horrible grifting person and those poor kids are going to need YEARS of therapy. Jon did the only thing possible to save his sanity. I am sure he loves his kids but I am equally sure he hates the very day he ever met that hag.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    What I find most bewildering about this suit is that, if she is granted monetary relief on all the counts, how does her attorney think he can execute on the judgment? Where's the money? We know Jon doesn't have it. Hoffman probably doesn't either. It makes me wonder who the John Doe's are.
    Poppy Fields,
    I was always curious what happens in these situations. If Kate wins, she won't get money - not now, anyway. Does the guilty party have to agree to pay a certain amount from now until his deathbed?

The judgment would be attached to future earnings plus interest
    There's no place like home!

I absolutely cannot tolerate Kate.

However, I'd read that stupid book if I could. I'm an idiot!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I absolutely cannot tolerate Kate.

However, I'd read that stupid book if I could. I'm an idiot!
    As would I. Scoot over so I can sit next to you on the idiot couch.
    doolollie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    The judgment would be attached to future earnings plus interest
    She is a real piece of work. Not that I think she has a very good chance of winning what is clearly a grudge SLAPP suit, she obviously doesn't care that any money she takes is money her ex will no longer have to spend on the kids! But hey, mama needs another new sports car, I guess.

According to a recent interview, Jon has custody every other weekend and a night during the week. Does she think he doesn't need money to care for them or give them a safe home or feed them when they are with him? She is a textbook example of someone who hates her ex more than she loves her children.

tinderbox and AZChristian - The book is a difficult read. It is extremely repetitive and disorganized, and there is a lot of extraneous and unnecessary information and numerous grammatical errors. However, the difficulty in reading it because of the technical errors pales in comparison to how chilling it is to read KG's own words about whacking the kids (who were mere toddlers at the time) and how she prayed to God because she thought she might seriously hurt them. It is also difficult to read how willing both she and Jon were to sign away their children's privacy, and the extent to which TLC owned that family.

Hoffman has said he is having the book edited for re-release. On his gosselinbook site, he has put up the new cover, which is quite brilliant and a vast improvement over his original, tabloid-like cover from the first go-round. He has also included photos and scores of links to negative articles about her (since she is accusing him and Jon of ruining her reputation). She ruined her reputation quite nicely on her own, I'm afraid.
    tapper01 and AZChristian like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    As would I. Scoot over so I can sit next to you on the idiot couch.
    Is there room for 3? I'll bring cookies.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread