+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

People have seen what this harpy is like on vacation. Why would they willingly PAY to join her?
    mushybrain and AZChristian like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

If anyone is interested, here are the types of accomodations offered on the Allure of the Seas.

Note that there are 28 loft suites and 2,700 staterooms. As a rule, the low to mid-range accomodations are far more plentiful than the more luxurious. If 10 of these accomodation classes are 100% booked, that is actually not too bad especially given that it's still three months before it sets sail.

I have to say that nothing could drag me aboard a cruise ship ever again. It's just not my kind of vacation. And if somehow I found myself on one and had to even see KG, I'd request a different accomodation.

Cruise Deals from American Discount Cruises & Travel
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 02-15-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

The number and types of accommodations currently sold does not tell the story of how well or poorly the special "Kate" experience is selling. The cost of purchasing the Kate experience (more like a nightmare if you ask me) is at least $900 per person more than if that same cruise is booked without it. I read that the cost of that particular cruise is about $1000 dollars if purchased through Expedia or other discount travel sites, but the cost of the special "Kate Package" skyrockets to more than $1900 per person, at double occupany. Single occupancy rates are even higher. Yikes!

It would be interesting to find out just how many people are willing to pay that much more to have the privilege of hob-nobbing with a no-talent, sad-excuse for a mother for a few minutes a day. I can't believe demand would be very high. Plus, the travel agency continues to try to sweeten the pot to sell tickets by adding events. First, they figured they could exploit the kids further and advertised that the twins will be going (using a really creepy and disturbing sales pitch about watching Kate playing on the beach with her children), then they added something like "morning runs with Kate." (Wow, "morning runs" just conjures up all kinds of gross images!)

Continually adding extra incentives to try to get more people to book is a sure sign that sales are not going as well as expected.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    The number and types of accommodations currently sold does not tell the story of how well or poorly the special "Kate" experience is selling. The cost of purchasing the Kate experience (more like a nightmare if you ask me) is at least $900 per person more than if that same cruise is booked without it. I read that the cost of that particular cruise is about $1000 dollars if purchased through Expedia or other discount travel sites, but the cost of the special "Kate Package" skyrockets to more than $1900 per person, at double occupany. Single occupancy rates are even higher. Yikes!

It would be interesting to find out just how many people are willing to pay that much more to have the privilege of hob-nobbing with a no-talent, sad-excuse for a mother for a few minutes a day. I can't believe demand would be very high. Plus, the travel agency continues to try to sweeten the pot to sell tickets by adding events. First, they figured they could exploit the kids further and advertised that the twins will be going (using a really creepy and disturbing sales pitch about watching Kate playing on the beach with her children), then they added something like "morning runs with Kate." (Wow, "morning runs" just conjures up all kinds of gross images!)

Continually adding extra incentives to try to get more people to book is a sure sign that sales are not going as well as expected.
    I think you are right about the general sales being no indicator of how well Katie's cruise "event" is selling. That information is unavailable, as far as I can determine. The kids were in the plans from the start, but not which ones would be onboard. The "watching" them play on the beach is really pretty creepy sounding - not to mention that it's not an attractively interactive kind of event. The monring run with Kate is not a new addition. I remember reading it on the list of "activities" when the promotion started.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

At least her lame show isn't on anymore. I didn't realize until now how much I appreciate that fact. I hope she never gets another show, she needs to just stay off tv.

I wonder if the kids are relieved not to be working anymore. I hope so.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

So, Jon has apologized to Kate. When is she going to apologize to him (and to the rest of us) for being the most obnoxious person alive today?

Jon Gosselin to ex-wife Kate: 'I am sorry'
    By Natalie Finn, E! Online

Jon Gosselin wasn't the first to admit he's made some mistakes — but he has finally boarded the bandwagon.

Almost three years to the day since he and Kate Gosselin revealed to the world that divorce proceedings were underway, the former reality-TV star is looking to make amends with those he has hurt, starting with his ex-wife.

And, if that works out, maybe with TV audiences, as well.

"I am sorry, because I did stuff I wouldn't want done to me," Jon tells People in a new interview.

Tabloid stories suggesting that Jon was cheating on Kate — quickly followed by rumors that Kate was more than friends with her bodyguard — first shook the Jon and Kate Plus 8 foundation back in 2009.

Both spouses, married since 1999, denied being unfaithful, but they filed for divorce on June 22, 2009.

In additional papers filed that September, Jon admitted to using "poor judgment in publicly socializing with other women so soon."

"I was passive-aggressive," the 35-year-old divorced father now tells People in reference to the various things that led to the end of his marriage. "Then I'd get mad, but I was the one who wasn't communicating."

Jon, who dropped off the reality-TV scene when the show he once co-starred on became "Kate Plus 8," recently took a job as director of sales and promotions for Gameface International, a sports event and management firm. He's also dating a single mom, 27-year-old Liz Jannetta, according to People.

But while he shunned the spotlight for awhile and wanted his kids to do the same (Kate won out on that one), guess what? He's willing to put himself out there again if the right opportunity comes along.

"I've been offered a lot of stuff," he says. "Crazy stuff. It wasn't the right fit, then or now. I don't want [my kids] thinking I take every show just to make a buck."

Jon took to Twitter in April to deny a report that he was $3,500 behind in child support payments, writing that the Pennsylvania Department of Child Welfare's website was just showing his amount due, and that he reliably pays up every month

oh man I thought for sure we were rid of this heifer...where did I put the thigh high boots
    ness likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

he is putting his children before the glory of "one-upping" Khate could stand to learn to do the same
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

My theory?

They need money and therefore another show. Neither Jon nor Kate by themselves are as interesting or popular as Jon and Kate together. They are both seeing the light and are angling for another show.

Kind of like the reverse of the real housewives who, in my humble opinion, create drama where there was none to keep their characters interesting.

Jon and Kate are forging a reconciliation to keep their character interesting.

Just to clarify - when I say reconciliation, I don't mean as a couple. That will NEVER happen. I mean just being civil towards one another and working together to make as much money as possible while they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    My theory?

They need money and therefore another show. Neither Jon nor Kate by themselves are as interesting or popular as Jon and Kate together. They are both seeing the light and are angling for another show.

Kind of like the reverse of the real housewives who, in my humble opinion, create drama where there was none to keep their characters interesting.

Jon and Kate are forging a reconciliation to keep their character interesting.

Just to clarify - when I say reconciliation, I don't mean as a couple. That will NEVER happen. I mean just being civil towards one another and working together to make as much money as possible while they can.
    you know what ...just for the sake of the SANITY of the viewers I hope stations have come to realize we don't want her on tv we don't want to hear her, hear from her, hear about her and no one will give them another show...oh please don't give her another show
    AZChristian likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread