+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    the price of the same cruise, same days is considerably less if one goes through Royal Caribbean and not through Khates grifting site. She is a total BITCH. The extra money goes in her pocket.
    Actually, the site belongs to Alice Travel, a top producer for Royal Caribbean (and other) cruise lines. Kate Gosselin's website isn't selling tickets.

They are also doing one with Paula Deen and another with Jerry Davis this spring/summer. Of course, they make money on it - as will Kate, Paula, and Jerry. You cannot participate in these cruise events unless your ticket is throuogh Alice Travel. Can you be on the same boat? Possibly. Can you crash their exclusive events and excusions for these cruises? Definitely not.

Alice Travel - Cruises and Tours for the Discriminating Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I am a friend of Cruise Critic on Facebook, so I get news and info about cruises. This is one trip that I - and hundreds of people who have responded - will avoid.

===========================

Kate Plus 2 for summer cruise - Bowling Green Cruise | Examiner.com

Kate Plus 2 for summer cruise

It had to happen. With no more reality TV cameras around, Kate Gosselin is now bringing the fans to her. On a cruise ship!

The former prinicple of "Kate Plus 8" (cancelled last August) tweeted out Friday about the cruise, which takes place on Royal Caribbean's "Allure of the Seas", August 12-19, 2012. She'll be bringing two of the 'famous 8' along for the trip.

Gosselin first came into the limelight with the reality series originally known as "Jon & Kate Plus 8" in 2007, but the show changed its name after her messy 2009 divorce from husband Jon Gosselin. They had been married 10 years.

The cruise website promises the following:

Meet Kate Gosselin at our private welcome cocktail party
    A commemorative personalized gift from Kate (one per family)
    Capture your memories onboard with a personal photo with Kate Gosselin
    Join Kate for a private BBQ on deck with a fabulous band
    Join Kate for a morning brunch
    Fun fun family games with Kate and staff
    Charity dinner with Kate (optional)
    Got questions for Kate? Attend her Q & A session
    Check out Kate's latest book and bring it onboard for a book signing
    Learn a new craft from the professional herself
    Let's explore! Shore excursion with Kate
    Let's talk about our fabulous cruise experience! Private group farewell dinner

The cruise will depart from Fort Lauderdale, and will visit Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica; Cozumel, Mexico and will spend three days at sea with Kate.

Information about the cruise, including pricing, cabin information, pre-cruise hotel and other items can be found at the cruise website Kate Gosselin Cruise Caribbean 2012.

What kind of craft could one possibly learn from this "professional"??? She may be a licensed nurse, but that is the only profession, other than being a grifter !!!

As far as which two will tag along (other than Steve and a nanny) my bet is on the two older girls. No way would she take two of the boys....they are yucky, after all. How could she possibly take two boys and leave one boy behind? Or take two of the girl tups and leave one behind. Take the twins and problem solved.

I, too, will not be surprised if this thing never takes off.
    Bunny555 likes this.

FORT Fogey

More details on the cruise described in this article.

Would You Cruise with Kate? Gosselin's Next Career Move Gets Panned | Parenting - Yahoo! Shine

When her long-running show "Kate Plus 8" ended in September, everyone including Kate Gosselin wondered what she'd do next. Here's your long-awaited answer: she's going cruising. Alice Travel is offering a week long Caribbean adventure in August hosted by the much maligned reality star. But will anyone actually join her?

It's not likely, according to a poll posted on the website Cruise Critic. More than 45 percent of readers said they'd cancel their trip if they got wind of her being on board. "What a great way to empty a cruise ship! I'd cancel if booked," wrote one of over 600 bemused commenters on Cruise Critic's Facebook page.

Bookings opened to the public Friday, with premium suites going at a rate of up to $5,550. By Wednesday, there was still plenty of room on deck for passengers. While the travel agency handling the trip told Cruise Critic they've received "a good amount of calls" from single women and parents of multiples, the booker I spoke with had no specific projection of when, or even whether, the trip would sell out.

If rooms are still available when the ship sets sail, there's a chance all eight Gosselin kids will join their mom, who hasn't confirmed yet whether she's bringing her brood. She'll definitely need a nanny, considering her line-up of events: cocktail parties, brunches, and private dinners where Kate is expected to mix and mingle with passengers. A photo session, Q&A and book signing are also part of the itinerary. Passengers willing to sit through Kate's crafting tutorial and other family-style games and activities have to pay an additional $700 for the privilege.

With any celebrity cruise, there's a chance she could back out. If she does, customers are still beholden to their tickets, according to Cruise Critic. But it's unlikely Kate will be a no-show. She's said it herself: she needs the money. Right now, aside from speaking engagements her biggest gig is bargain blogging for the website CouponCabin.com.

"Kate Gosselin is scraping away at the remnants of fame," Jo Piazza, author of Celebrity Inc.: How Famous People Make Money, tells Shine. "The celebrity cruise circuit used to be one of the only appearance fees a celeb could get, before the halcyon days of $100,000 nightclub payments. Today it is seen as a hail mary pass for a paycheck."

Last year, past-their-prime stars like Kid Rock and the BackStreet Boys found a haven for their marginal fame at sea. For acts like the New Kids on the Block, who've been riding the celebrity cruise waves since 2008, it's a crucial portion of their annual salary.

"The average celebrity can still make up to $25,000 for one of these cruise appearances," says Piazza. "And that makes sense for the cruise operators because it is free advertising and for the celebrity because they get a free vacation."

But unlike boy-bands, who provide live entertainment and a chance for former fans to live out their teen fantasies, Gosselin's on-board offerings are limited. "Learn a new craft from the professional herself," advertises the cruise website as part of a list of Gosselin-centered activities at sea. "Doesn't Kate always have the best ideas!?"

Not everyone would agree with that.
    An extra $700 for Kate's "crafting tutorial and other family-style games and activities"???

As described in the article, entertainment acts like singers/singing groups who are past their sell date can make a decent living entertaining fans from their glory days. But Kate has nothing to offer but crafts, games, and photo ops to anyone silly enough to pay these prices to spend a few minutes with her. Unbelievable.

I hope the cruise is half empty. When is this woman going to learn. The last thing I want to do with my precious vacation time is spend ANY time with her. Learn a craft? Really? Woo hoo! What how to exploit my children?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    What kind of craft could one possibly learn from this "professional"??? She may be a licensed nurse, but that is the only profession, other than being a grifter !!!

As far as which two will tag along (other than Steve and a nanny) my bet is on the two older girls. No way would she take two of the boys....they are yucky, after all. How could she possibly take two boys and leave one boy behind? Or take two of the girl tups and leave one behind. Take the twins and problem solved.

I, too, will not be surprised if this thing never takes off.
    Well said MamaC!
    CYA

Day 1: Kate greets you but refuses eye contact for the rest of the meeting.
    Day 2: Kate complains that it's cold out on the desk and retreats to her cabin.
    Day 3: Kate tells you you're doing the crafts all wrong, gives up in disgust.
    Day 4: Kate hates the food on board and the stupid crew. Says she's "over it" and refuses to participate further.
    Day 5: Kate tells the producer, "Did I have a good time? No. Would I do it again because I need to pay my cosmetic surgeon? Yes."

Usually a cruise that is for a specific reason, gets cancelled, the person has a chance of a refund. I know I was going on a "special theme" cruise that was cancelled and was able to get a full refund. I would be very suspicious of this company not allowing the refund, if Kate cancels out.
    There's no place like home!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Alice Travel purchased a block of cabins on the Lido Deck for this "theme" cruise. They do these type of cruises quite frequently and I daresay they know what they are doing. If they did not have a solid expectation of booking those cabins, they would not have paid for them in advance.

So, I doubt this cruise is going to be cancelled under any circumstances. That said, I can't envision Gosselin cancelling as this is income producing for her. The agency's cruise price is about $700 over the regular fare. They will, of course, get the lion's share of that. But Gosselin will surely get a percentage of every ticket sold.

I'd say she's hit rock bottom doing a "has been" cruise. But at least she's only pimping out herself this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I'd say she's hit rock bottom doing a "has been" cruise. But at least she's only pimping out herself this time.
    I wouldn't be surprised she brings the twins with her or something.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I've seen her Twitter posts and those that have been sent to her. Her main fan base seems to be teen girls which for the life of me I can't figure out. One girl is beside herself because she won't have the money to go on the cruise and meet Kate. Where are this girl's parents?
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread