+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Hopefully, at least in Kate's private moments, she feels horror and sadness over this.
    Just say that this man never actually interacted with her children, still wouldn't any mom feel sick at the though of the close call as well as sadness for children who may have been affected? To me it seems incredibly flip to respond to something so horrendous by saying, "Never heard of him..."
    sclilred1 likes this.

I understand the upset over the person being arrested, but there were other shows involved with filming that he had access to and it cannot all fall on Kate's shoulders. Where is the fallout with the Duggar children also being filmed, etc. Where are the comments from the Duggars? The headlines are all about he worked on Gossellin filming, but as a person reads the story he finally finds out there were many other shows involved. But then it is the best way to grab the reader's attention.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Captain, my post speaks to Kates flippant tweet, "Never heard of him." I would think anyone who's been on any of those shows would pause and reflect on the horror of it.
    Kate's was the only reaction I've gotten wind of. Perhaps it has made the other parents on the other shows think twice about their children's involvement. I would hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I understand the upset over the person being arrested, but there were other shows involved with filming that he had access to and it cannot all fall on Kate's shoulders. Where is the fallout with the Duggar children also being filmed, etc. Where are the comments from the Duggars? The headlines are all about he worked on Gossellin filming, but as a person reads the story he finally finds out there were many other shows involved. But then it is the best way to grab the reader's attention.
    When I posted this news, I specifically mentioned that Blankinship had also done editing for 19 Kids and Counting, Sister Wives and Table for 12.

However, I believe the focus is on the Gosselin family because of the high number of episodes he worked on, and because the parents (both Kate and Jon) allowed their children to be filmed naked, being bathed, being dressed/undressed, using potties, etc. Those visuals are a pedophile's dream. That raw footage with child nudity can be easily manipulated by an experienced film editor any way he likes. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't know of any similar compromising footage taken of the children in the other families.

Thus far, I have seen no other comments from any of the families. You would expect that any parents who had footage of their children seen or edited by this man would be distraught. It will be interesting to see if any of the families comment about the situation, but I suspect that TLC has told them to keep quiet on the subject for now. TLC is probably working feverishly with their attorneys trying to determine their culpability, since Blankinship worked for a company contracted by Figure 8 productions.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama
    Captain, my post speaks to Kates flippant tweet, "Never heard of him." I would think anyone who's been on any of those shows would pause and reflect on the horror of it.
    I completely agree, nana. Kate has her head buried so far into a sea of greed that she refuses to acknowledge how awful this is.
    Last edited by mushybrain; 10-29-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    sclilred1 and tapper01 like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

exactly. None of the other shows filmed the kids on the potty or in the tub or getting an impacted bowel removed by dad (Not a nurse) while Mom (A "NURSE") was debating what kind of furniture to grift

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    When I posted this news, I specifically mentioned that Blankinship had also done editing for 19 Kids and Counting, Sister Wives and Table for 12.

However, I believe the focus is on the Gosselin family because of the high number of episodes he worked on, and because the parents (both Kate and Jon) allowed their children to be filmed naked, being bathed, being dressed/undressed, using potties, etc. Those visuals are a pedophile's dream. That raw footage with child nudity can be easily manipulated by an experienced film editor any way he likes. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't know of any similar compromising footage taken of the children in the other families.
    Somehow, I don't see the Duggars allowing their children to be filmed while bathing or the like.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

personally Khate's flippant attitude bothered me...never heard of him....so what if I found out someone had video footage and/or pictures of one of my kids doing things they showed the Gosselin children doing...and some of it should have never IMO should have been put on film

but if it was me the man would be on his hands and knees thanking almighty GOD that the police got to him before me and my shotgun did
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Personally, I don't find Kate's terse response even slightly surprising. Neither do I find it inappropriate, since she obviously never HAS heard of him. Who has? He's an offsite writer/editor. No mother in her right mind would discuss the horror of this discovery on Twitter of all places. Maybe she's discussing it with her lawyer.

Of course, rumor has it that Kate Gosselin is busy planning her next "career" move. Gossip sites report that she's busy finding singing, dancing, and drama coaches for her kids - whose careers she plans to "manage." According to rumor, she plans on moving to California next year and putting them to work. Possibly for her own production company. And Jon's onboard with it, since it will not involve filming their personal lives. Go figure.

We'll see, I guess.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-31-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Yeah the witch was on the View today, dressed up as a zombie. Not once was there any mention of the charges facing this editor. And, of course, none of those ninnies dared to ask any questions about it either!

Sherri started off the convo wondering how Kate gets EIGHT kids ready for Halloween. Kate told them how they had to change plans this weekend. Instead of decorating pumpkins, they had to shovel snow and deal with downed trees and no power, due to the Nor'easter. Kate, seriously, you expect us to believe that you and the kids were shoveling the driveway? Lordy be, you might break a nail or two! And you don't have a generator? Really?

Kate was still boo-hooing about how devastated she and the kids are. How she sort of knew something was up as the viewership numbers were not very good. But she was still shocked when the word came down that the show was over. And then she had to have the "first" (???) family sit down discussion with the kids about the show being over. The tups still miss their friends, the cameramen! The twins ask Kate about finding love and Cara wondered what would happen if Kate found a guy but he didn't like the kids. Kate had to reassure Cara that he would not be a right fit for the family.

As far as the rumors about moving to CA next year and getting the kids into the biz, she says she has a hard enough time getting them ready for anything, like taking pictures. She says she is exhausted just doing normal everyday mom things with them that she cannot possibly see herself as their manager! Of course Kate talks out her arse so much, I don't believe a word she says.

Since today was Halloween, Elizabeth asked if she would be home in time for trick or treating with the kids. (Liz, she just has to have her limo drive back to PA, she does not live on the West Coast!) Kate said that some of the show crew would be on hand to get the kids ready for Halloween. Like she can't do that herself. Seriously.

Joy asked her about going back to nursing and, again, she said that she always thought of nursing as her "Plan B" but now realizes that her Plan B just won't cut it. Her stupid conversation was frequently interrupted by her "Um's" which she must think sound cute. I think they make her sound like an idiot. Joy asked how often Jon sees the kids. Simple, straightforward question. The dolt has to answer, "Well, um, he sees them, um, every other weekend." Really Kate? Can you not say one simple sentence without injecting a few "Um's" into it?

Truthfully, if she can find a way to sue TLC, Figure 8 productions or anyone else that had anything to do with her shows over this editor creep, I bet she would do it in a flash! Money, money, money!

FORT Fogey

Truthfully, if she can find a way to sue TLC, Figure 8 productions or anyone else that had anything to do with her shows over this editor creep, I bet she would do it in a flash! Money, money, money!
    In an interview that appears in the current Star magazine, Jon says he's contacted an attorney and is trying to find out if Blankinship distributed any of the footage of the kids from J&K+8. He also said that he'd met Blankinship "several times." Both Jon and Kate were credited as producers on J&K+8, and Kate has said, in answer to criticism about the filming of the kids, that they had a lot of say in what was used/not used. So I find it hard to believe that she never met Blankinship, who edited many episodes of the show.

While I'm not surprised at Kate's response to this news, I think Jon's response is more typical of what most parents would do: shock, worry about the effect of this news on the kids (you know they'll hear about it from their peers, especially the twins), and initiating action to find out what the authorities have discovered. Sadly, both parents allowed the filming of the tups in the bathtub, potty training, with no thought to possible consequences beyond the show. In the interview, Jon says, "What if my kids come to me one day and ask, why did you allow them to film me potty training?" Too bad he and Kate didn't think about that when they signed the dotted line with TLC. The images are out there and they can't get them back. Someday those kids will learn their innocent childhood moments which should have been private to their family became gratification for perverts.
    nanarama likes this.

+ Reply to Thread