+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 96 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

My sister has quadruplets (without fertility treatments) and 2 other children. Raises them as a single mother (as the marriage to the father didn't work out). Doesn't work an extravagant or high paying job. Doesn't live a fancy life. Those kids have been raised in a loving household and have had a nice life. Other than one photoshoot when they were infants for a local paper she has not capitalized on them at all. The kids weren't raised by a nanny either. Whatever differences I have with my sister I have to give her kudos for that.

Kate thinks about Kate and Kate alone. She doesn't want to live a "mediocre" lifestyle. She doesn't want to give up the hair, nanny, the nails, the giant house, the car, the trips, the cook...etc. It has nothing to do with the kids but everything to do with her. I can't respect that or the comments she makes. She only has that lifestyle because of mediocre people. Period. She has it on the backs of some mediocre people who gave her money directly.

I would imagine there are a lot more large families out there that absolutely no one hears about because they go about their lives day to day without any hoopla. And there are much more inspirational people than her living their lives not looking for fanfare like she does. I don't google her or seek out news about her. What I get about her are from the incessant commercials on TLC, my mom who watches the news more than me and here. I wait patiently for her to drift into obscurity and for those kids to grow up into dysfunctional adults.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    there was a family..can't remember the name but it was the one Khate was totally fascinated with..they had 7 children and you never hear anything about them except for an occasionly update...I remember when they were born the 3 adult women that were still alive from the Dionne quintuplets sent them a note and told them to protct those children and keep their lives private and not on display because of what had been done to them
    I think you mean the McCaughey family from Iowa. These folks appear to be everything that Kate claimed to be . . . but didn't turn out to be after all. They, too, conceived their babies via fertility drugs, are (still) devout Christians, declined selective reduction of the pregnancy. Bobbi McCaughey has been known to say to visitors, "These are our kids . . . which four would you have liked me to 'selectively reduce'?" They spend $300 to $400 a month on groceries by shopping at a warehouse store, and while the parents may do SOME public appearances at Christian functions, I believe that Kenny still has a "mediocre" job as a store manager (couldn't confirm it). They were given a 5,500 square foot home by their townspeople, plus a van and free diapers for two years, but they have not "sold" their children to make an extravagant lifestyle.

And they are all happy, productive teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    go to work to take care of your kids instead of them taking care of her.
    Amen! I thought parents supported their kids, not the other way around. And regardless of what she thinks, she is not a star.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I think you mean the McCaughey family from Iowa. These folks appear to be everything that Kate claimed to be . . . but didn't turn out to be after all. They, too, conceived their babies via fertility drugs, are (still) devout Christians, declined selective reduction of the pregnancy. Bobbi McCaughey has been known to say to visitors, "These are our kids . . . which four would you have liked me to 'selectively reduce'?" They spend $300 to $400 a month on groceries by shopping at a warehouse store, and while the parents may do SOME public appearances at Christian functions, I believe that Kenny still has a "mediocre" job as a store manager (couldn't confirm it). They were given a 5,500 square foot home by their townspeople, plus a van and free diapers for two years, but they have not "sold" their children to make an extravagant lifestyle.

And they are all happy, productive teenagers.
    Another family doing it right. I was initially concerned their family would turn into a media circus, but they also stayed firmly grounded. I have no problem with an occasional update, but they aren't living the good life at the sake of their children.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Amen! I thought parents supported their kids, not the other way around. And regardless of what she thinks, she is not a star.
    She's no more of a "star" than people like Paris Hilton . . . who is only "famous" because of being rich and having a good PR person. Kate didn't start out rich, but must have one heck of a PR person. The PR person and Steve are probably the only two people on earth who tolerate her. And she has to pay them to do that!

FORT Fogey

I hope I'm not proved wrong, but it seems to me that Kate is a bit on the delusional side. She keeps talking about a career in television, but her fan base has shrunk to a small number - so small, in fact, that it failed to sustain Kate+8. The rest of the world either doesn't care or doesn't like her.

I can't speak to her behind-the-scenes skill set, but in front of the camera and without her kids, she's not going anywhere.

I can see her and the kids doing a "where-are-they-now" kind of show once in awhile, just not regularly.

Kate can not seriously think the issue with the lack of viewership with the TLC show was because of her children?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Can you tell me where her fans are? I've heard them referenced, but I don't read from many now who support Kate. Where are they posting?
    Well, I saw it on the DWTS boards when she was on - people either loved her or hated her. And those that loved her were definitely what I would call "rabid". Whenever People writes a story about her, if you read the comments to the stories, her fans definitely come out there, yelling and saying nasty things to those that dare state that they don't like her. I have actually seen her called an "inspiration" by them more than once - that one I can't figure out at all. I have also seen postings on Facebook. Others have mentioned Twitter. So while I think many are waking up to her reality, she does still have fans - and those that have stayed with her through all of this are definitely dedicated - and nothing she can do will deter them. Lord knows there is enough information out there to show the true Kate. If they haven't changed their mind yet, I highly doubt they ever will.

FORT Fanatic

Did anyone else see this? Thought it was funny, even at 1:30 am, it's all about the kids.... so she says.
    Like they were waiting up for her.

Kate Drives 88: Reality TV mom pays speeding fine
    Associated Press
    Posted on September 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Updated today at 1:05 PM

EAST EARL, Pa. (AP) — Reality TV mom Kate Gosselin says she was hurrying home to her children when she was stopped for speeding last month in central Pennsylvania.

The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports the star of TLC's Kate Plus 8 pleaded guilty by mail to a speeding ticket for going 88 mph in a 65 mph zone.

State police say Gosselin was speeding in Brecknock Township around 1:30 a.m. on August 9. Court documents say she pleaded guilty on August 17 and paid $174 in fines and court costs.

The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era report (Kate goes 88 -- and gets a ticket from state police - News ) says Gosselin told officers she was speeding to get home to her kids.

Gosselin's reality show about her life as the mother of twins and sextuplets was canceled this year. The last episode aired September 12.

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    Did anyone else see this? Thought it was funny, even at 1:30 am, it's all about the kids.... so she says.
    Like they were waiting up for her.

Kate Drives 88: Reality TV mom pays speeding fine
    Associated Press
    Posted on September 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Updated today at 1:05 PM

EAST EARL, Pa. (AP) Reality TV mom Kate Gosselin says she was hurrying home to her children when she was stopped for speeding last month in central Pennsylvania.

The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports the star of TLC's Kate Plus 8 pleaded guilty by mail to a speeding ticket for going 88 mph in a 65 mph zone.

State police say Gosselin was speeding in Brecknock Township around 1:30 a.m. on August 9. Court documents say she pleaded guilty on August 17 and paid $174 in fines and court costs.

The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era report (Kate goes 88 -- and gets a ticket from state police - News ) says Gosselin told officers she was speeding to get home to her kids.

Gosselin's reality show about her life as the mother of twins and sextuplets was canceled this year. The last episode aired September 12.
    That is seriously one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. I had the same thought - her kids were waiting up at 1:30 so she had to rush home? That woman uses her children as an excuse or justification for everything. At least, for everything she doesn't blame Jon for.

On her final show - I caught most of the re-run - Steve the bodyguard made the comment that people who watched the series were sitting at home with the wives saying, "Look, honey. At least I'm not as bad as she is." While husbands would say, "Look, honey, at least I'm not as useless he is." Aside from the fact that I have a hard time imagining many husbands watching the show, in the early days when they were married and I watched, I thought how great it was to have a father (Jon) who helped so much with the kids and was such a great support. I didn't have multiples, but I did have 5 children in 7 years, and my husband was a total workaholic at the time (which allowed me to be a stay-at-home mom.) He never lifted a finger to help me with the kids or house with the theory, in those days, that he worked hard at his job and the kids were my job. I didn't have family nearby or nannies or any help whatsoever. I'm not complaining. No one forced me to have 5 children and we had a fabulous time during their childhood, but I think it's nice to see men helping with their families and I think Jon was a pretty good example of that.
    tapper01 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread