+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 96 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Kate's a con artist. She used the Christian attitudes against abortion to suck money out of churches and their congregations in the early days. Now she's trying to suck money out of the "mediocre" people by playing the "mommy" card - so her poor kids can eat and have shelter (and take trips, and have lavish parties, and keep mom from having to shop at Payless for her trashy hooker heels). Please, Kate, I'd have more respect for you if you just came out and said "I want to keep living the life of a star. Please, someone give me a high-paying entertainment job so I can keep living my wonderful life. Please, please, don't leave me alone with these kids!"
    Shoepie and Bunny555 like this.

FORT Fogey

The use of the word "mediocre" was a slap in the face to, hmmm....what is it...99% of the world's population?! I'm glad she said it. A little cherry on top for all of us to digest. Those who realized this about her from day 1 and those who supported her but never saw what the rest of us saw to be offended by.

It was so "Kate". The ego and sense of entitlement is mind-boggling.

I thought I was already as disgusted with Kate as possible, but noooooo. I got even more so last night at her appearence on The Wendy Williams Show. She was there to poor mouth even more. She says that the first thing the kids said when they found out about the cancellation, was how could they help pay the mortgage. They wanted to help so they could stay in their house and schools. WHAT? She has poor mouthed so much in front of the kids that they are afraid of being evicted. Kids should not be involved in adult issues like money, because there is nothing they can do about it. Kate are you listening?

The kids are worried they can't keep mommy in the style she is accustomed to, even though she just bought a new sports car. Something is wrong with this picture.

Wendy suggested that Kate get a sattelite radio show to make money. Kate was playing the cameras, talking about how she liked to make interesting conversation and discuss psychologically. I'm not kidding. She actually said that.

She said the reason she doesn't want a regular job is that she will hardly see her kids anymore and that all her money would go to childcare costs.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I took her remark in context (mean, but true): Jon Gosselin does have a "mediocre" job, considering he could never support 8 children with it. It was her response to Matt Lauer's question regarding Jon's pulic statement that she needs to get a job. You know, like his.

Kate Gosselin has lots of faults, all of which have been aired in public for the past 6 years. None of them bother me much in terms of her chances of succeeding at motherhood - with this exception: she appears to be delusional.

Unlike Jon, Kate has some other options and resources. If I were Kate Gosselin, I'd start an assisted living agency with bonded personnel, including LPNs, to provide seniors with the support they need to remain in their homes instead of in instutional care. That would keep her wealth growing, if that is what she really wants.

Jon stated that he pays his child support which from what I remember is a huge sum of money but he also said that he lives the medicore life and he doesn't have the fancy farm on 24 acres and that his kids love coming to his house and they do just fine with his life without all the extras and he says they never complain about it and in fact they seem to enjoy being away from the cameras and having something normal for a change
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Jon stated that he pays his child support which from what I remember is a huge sum of money but he also said that he lives the medicore life and he doesn't have the fancy farm on 24 acres and that his kids love coming to his house and they do just fine with his life without all the extras and he says they never complain about it and in fact they seem to enjoy being away from the cameras and having something normal for a change
    Jon does pay child support, but those payments were legally reduced greatly to reflect his inability to make them - and that was fair, especially considering he was unemployed for a long time and then had to take a starting position at a very "mediocre" salary. His ex, hopefully, will not be in the same dire financial straits. I doubt those kids would enjoy living in a 2-bedroom apartment in Reading full time. You'd have to visit Reading (where Jon lives) to fully understand. It's not a very nice (or very *safe) place to live.

I don't trust much of anything that comes out of his mouth (unverified) - or Kate's. They are, as usual, taking potshots at each other. You'd think they'd get another hobby.

* http://www.morganquitno.com/cit04pop.htm#CITIES Reading is #25 in the list of the 25 most dangerous metro areas in the country
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-13-2011 at 03:49 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Whether or not Jon's life is "mediocre" doesn't mean that's the kind of life he wants his children to have when they're grown. He has acknowledged his mistakes and I think that will be a powerful lesson to his kids as they grow up and understand what happened between their parents. I suspect he wants for them what most parents want for their children, which is to have them discover what they love and go after it. No amount of money can instill that desire, it takes love, nurturing, encouragement, support, all of which cost nothing. There are lots of families from mediocre circumstances whose children go on to become successful in their own right because their parents gave the time and effort to help them achieve their individual best.

Unfortunately for the G8, it appears their mother continues to see them collectively as her little moneymakers rather than as individuals, each with their own interests and abilities. Except for Maddy, who Kate is promoting as interested in performing at Disney (call me, Disney!), just another income opportunity. Kate has said she's sure this isn't the last we'll see of the kids, and I don't doubt that. If she can find a way to keep them working, she will. The irony is that despite all the extras their hard work has given them, there's a good chance there mother's dysfunctional behavior will have far more impact on the lives they choose to live when they're older.
    AZChristian and Poppy Fields like this.

that bitch even used the last show to try damage control and to bag on Jon once more.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    No amount of money can instill that desire, it takes love, nurturing, encouragement, support, all of which cost nothing. There are lots of families from mediocre circumstances whose children go on to become successful in their own right because their parents gave the time and effort to help them achieve their individual best.
    I think every one of your observations is astute, MizDaisy, and right. It doesn't take wealth. It takes consistent attention, love, encouragement, guidance, and involvement every day of your life to raise children who can meet their potential. The necessary financial resources do help, but are meaningless without the rest.

Unfortunately, even when two parents are living together and commit their time, love, attention, and resources, the family's size can define and limit the scope of their success. The Gosselin kids are in a lose/lose situation, IMO.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-13-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    The use of the word "mediocre" was a slap in the face to, hmmm....what is it...99% of the world's population?! I'm glad she said it. A little cherry on top for all of us to digest. Those who realized this about her from day 1 and those who supported her but never saw what the rest of us saw to be offended by.

It was so "Kate". The ego and sense of entitlement is mind-boggling.
    Problem is that her rabid fans will never see it that way.

I am just waiting for those kids to grow up and either write a tell-all book about her, or sue her for squandering their college tuition on a fancy car.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread