+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

FORT Fogey

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

The thing for me is this...I honestly have no problems whatsoever about her using the show to improve hers and her family's financial position in life - so long as the kids aren't harmed, of course.

What I do have a problem with is how she has treated people along the way. It's one thing to be ambitious and motivated, but another to treat people like doormats. That is my only and biggest beef with Kate (again, assuming the kids are well cared for).

And, for me, Kate has zero personality. I do not find her entertaining or engaging. In addition to being a you-know-what, she's a snooze fest. Yuck on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone see Kate on The Today Show this morning? Of course, she is looking for a new tv show for her and the kids. She says she wants the best for her kids and only tv can provide that. When asked about her bad behavior on the RV trip, she chalked it up to just a normal thing that happens on family vacations. LOL She didn't seem to feel bad about it at all. She claimed that her FANS were devastated the show was canceled and announced the opening of her new webstie. I haven't looked for it yet. I think it's something like Kate&my8 or something like that.
    I'm actually at a loss for words about this woman
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

An excellent article on the end of K+8 and the aftermath.

As "Kate Plus 8" signs off, what's next for the Gosselin kids? Reality TV child stars face unchartered territory. - Parenting on Shine

Many of us have been saying this for years (bolded text) to emphasize the point that even when the show is over, those kids will probably never be able to live a "normal" life.

The Gosselins' televised childhood experiences, from dentist visits to amusement park meltdowns, live in perpetuity on the Internet and so do their peers. In the near future, fellow classmates and neighbors can snap cell phone pictures and leak gossip to celebrity blogs in seconds. Even in their own moment of attention-seeking, a revealing Facebook update could land Mady, Cara, Leah or Collin, in a very unpleasant public situation, as we've witnessed via the YouTube and Twitter accounts of the "Teen Moms". Once you're on reality TV, you're not like other kids. You're not even like the other child stars.
    Kate has suggested that Maddy is interested in becoming a Disney star. But the article makes this point about the difference between a child actor and a reality kid:

"Take someone like Miley Cyrus. A company like Disney can still on some level protect its child stars," Levey-Friedman says. "But when you're a reality star and you are the main character of a show, it's much more difficult to protect your privacy."
    I have no idea if Maddy has the kind of talent that's "Disney-worthy, but there has been so much negative reaction to and discussion of some of Maddy's behavior on the show, not to mention all the negativity around Kate, I can't imagine Disney would ever be interested in involving themselves with all the drama around this family.

Kate also announced on her talk show appearance today that she's started a web site so all of her "fans" will be able to keep up with them. I'm cynical enough to believe that at some point she'll use the site to cry poor and solicit donations, or even make it a membership site where people have to pay to subscribe.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 09-12-2011 at 02:40 PM.

I did see her on The Today Show and am still at a loss for words. When asked to comment on Jon's statement regarding the cancellation of her show she stated that working a "mediocre" job may be good enough for him but it's not acceptable for her. In other words, she is above it and will scratch and claw her her way to some kind of fame. She has recently taken to Twitter and I have to say that her fans are a scarey bunch. She was planning on a meeting with one of them who bought a bunch of expired organic cereal for her. Does a woman who drives this really need food donations?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2035218/Poverty-stricken-Kate-Gosselin-rolls-sports-car.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

I feel no sympathy for her at all. There are many of us out there, struggling to pay our bills, driving old cars, worried about our jobs.... and this woman gets $$ haircuts, a fancy new car, free trips? Donations? How about the homeless? How about kids living in poverty? It would be one thing if she actually was a "star" and did something for a living, but she is making money (and in such "need") because of her decision to have a boatload of kids and wanting to live the "good life". Grrrr!
    tapper01 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I just hope that all the churches she scammed have seen her for what she is and dont' start taking up "love" donations for her again..URGHHHH...if she can buy a 50,000 car she shouldn't have any problems paying her bills and if she does then tell the witch to get a job like the rest of us...Jon gave her the best advice but of course thats not good enough for Khate
    AZChristian and Debb70 like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Kate is addicted to fame, and she will do anything to keep herself in the limelight. Of course she pooh pooh's Jon's idea of her getting a regular job, because that won't keep her in the manner to which she's become accustomed to.

I hate this hag with a passion
    mom2 likes this.

Did realize this hag was still on tv. I stopped watching this show awhile ago. Khate is nothing more than a pimp to her kids. She is cold and totally selfish.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

My mom called me and told me about the mediocre comment she made on the Today show. I honestly have never watched an episode of this show as I don't agree about using children like this. They don't get the protection that working actor children get when they're on reality TV.

Anyhow, I would bet there won't be a penny left for those kids as Kate continues her tumble from fame in the end. And her children will have to go on to live mediocre life after seeing the money they worked for squandered on haircuts and new cars. I would guess most of those kids will just generally go on to a mediocre life even if it wasn't for that.

In fact Kate needs to remember that those people living mediocre lives did fund her and John and those kids with their donations at churches. Which I thought was sickening at the time. And she would probably do best to remember it's those people with mediocre lives that watch her shows and her appearances and keeps her famous so she may want to avoid insulting everyone in the future if this is the life she intends to live.

Oh well I'm happy this debacle is finally over all in all.
    nanarama likes this.

+ Reply to Thread