+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

I havent watched this show since the first season, but came across one of the "ask us anything" episodes this weekend and stayed on it because it made me feel better about my parenting. When I think I have it tough, or that I am tough on my (one) kid, I need to watch this show. I kinda feel bad about it, lol
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I am tuning in tonight because I want to watch Kate lose it on her friends....(I think I am too early)...it's interesting, I haven't watched in years...can't believe how big the tups have gotten but what struck me was the way Kate has changed.....she has come a long way from that dowdy housewife .... she reminds me of someone that was picked on in school by the mean girls and now wants to become that mean girl ....this show is soooooooo boring!!! Do people really want to see a bunch of kids arguing? no wonder the show was cancelled.... come on!! I want to see the fight!!!!

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

What a sad and bitter woman. I haven't watched the show in a long time, but she is pathetic. Nothing makes her happy. She can't let her kids enjoy anything. She constantly looks "off camera" for validation of what she is saying. She constantly seeks thank you's and confirmation that what she did is appreciated. I can see her attitude manifesting in the children, in the way they talk and treat others. TLC has done her no favors. I know she was a relatively miserable person in the beginning but they have given her money and privilege and it has made her and her kids worse people. It was interesting that when Kate wasn't around the kids were able to work together building a camp fire but as soon as Kate came back from her "organic" shopping trip the kids started acting up. She has a way of spinning those kids up with her manic actions. Glad its going to be over, and heaven help those kids.
    Debb70 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I haven't watched in a long time, but caught part of last night's episode.

This grown woman can't tell Teddy Roosevelt's face from FDR's on Mount Rushmore!!!!

And if I'd heard her one more time say, "Let's hurry and get out of here before people start taking pictures . . . " Lady, if you didn't want your picture taken by strangers, maybe you should have stayed in your little anonymous house in Pennsylvania and NOT made a public spectacle of yourself.

Sheesh!
    Debb70 likes this.

Kate should be ashamed of the way she acted on last night's episode. She robbed everyone out of what could have been a good time. It started in the beginning when she was packing. She barks at the girls to quickly carry things to the car and of course, they didn't do it quick enough to calm her down. She barks at them that if they are helping her, then they need to be running at all times. Running? Who wants their child running with food containers, luggage or any other item, unless it's a sports event. She just doesn't think.

Then she tells one of the other girl's children that if they want a SERVANT, they'll have to work very hard. That's how she got servants. WHAT? If you get the chance, replay and listen to how out of touch she is when talking about servants.

Half the fun of a vacation is the anticipation, but her kids can't be told where they are going, because it's more important to her that it be kept secret for ratings purposes. Oh, they stage a surprise intro to the RV, but actually, they got off and flew to South Dakota to then actually get on the RV and drive 45 miles to their first stop!!! How is this the kids enjoying a cross country trip by RV?

It was sad the way she said she would NEVER do anything like that again. She just wasn't loving it. We know Kate. It's all about her and what she likes. She shows no concern for what the kids like.

I think watching the trip might have been much better if Kate had stayed at home and they had Jon along. I actually think that might have been fun to watch and I think the kids would have had a good time too.

Kate, you're mean and a big bully. You've acknowledged that you somtimes come off as not so nice. Please accept it and get some help.
    luvsginger and AZChristian like this.

I will admit that I didn't see the show, but reading the comments here in regard to Kate going to Mount Rushmore and these critical and bitter comments.... COME ON KATE, this is pathetic.

There is more to do than just see Rushmore, there is the path to the studio where the artist worked that has the scale model, the hiking paths, and with your celebrity maybe they'd let you get a closer look at the top where they were going to have that hall and vault to protect important documents.

Oh, and for her shopping wishes, there is a tourist trap just before you get to the monument - I mean a large city tourist trap.

I really truly feel for the kids when they have a mom as selfish and bitter and self centered as Kate is. Yes, it can be warm up there in this time of year (not likely but can be), and yes, it's itchy and the like, but it is not anything to be so ugly about.

If Jon thought about it, he'd tried to get a piece of this action and gone instead of Kate. I think for all his faults Jon would've liked to have gone on this trip without Kate and with the kids and it'd turned out to be fun for both viewer and family.

But no - we have to have Kate go there and be a witch.

I think even TLC is fed up with her they're showing as much bitter awfulness of her that they can get their hands on. To me reading these comments there is NOTHING they're doing to try and redeem her to viewers.

I can't say as I blame them - she's a leech on the skin of TLC that needs to be removed. It's time that she goes back to finding a job like the rest of us - this is sad on so many levels. I personally would stand on my head in pink and purple polka-dots to go to Mount Rushmore again.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think even TLC is fed up with her they're showing as much bitter awfulness of her that they can get their hands on. To me reading these comments there is NOTHING they're doing to try and redeem her to viewers.
    ITA. TLC is clearly giving Kate the "you're outta here" edit. If she had any idea that she may have other options with TLC, the way they're editing these last episodes makes it clear they're done with her. And it's about time. They're showing the audience who she really is, and it's an ugly picture.

I can see her attitude manifesting in the children, in the way they talk and treat others.
    This is only one of a number of ways the show has been detrimental to the kids. There will be long-term effects from the impact of the show on them during the most important developmental years of their lives, and I doubt they'll get the counseling they need to deal with it. Kate is much too self-absorbed to be able to admit her kids need that kind of help.

I agree, Mizdaisy, with every word you said.

Y'know, I didn't see last night's show, but from what I hear, she complained (among other things,) about it being too hot. Wasn't just when they were in Alaska on vacation that she complained about it being too cold? Does the temperature have to be perfect in order for her to have fun? How about teaching your children that life often requires us to adapt to the circumstances and that some of the most fun you will have is when conditions are otherwise less than ideal. A memory springs to mind of a trip to Six Flags with my five kids. We had a downpour in the early part of the day. We could've done like many of the other people and said, "Drat! We're rained out!" and left. But instead we stayed, waited for the worst of the showers to stop and then started going on rides as soon as they re-opened. (You get wet on so many of the rides, anyway. We figured we'd just hasten the process!) We were able to ride rides that typically had huge long lines multiple times. We had a blast! Now, looking back on the memory, it's less about the rain (though the splashing in the puddles like a little kid was also liberating!) but more about the fun we had. It's a shame she can't try to see that. Her kids lives will not be perfect, or without challenges. She would do well to teach them joy in adapting.
    AZChristian and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post

I agree, Mizdaisy, with every word you said.

Y'know, I didn't see last night's show, but from what I hear, she complained (among other things,) about it being too hot. Wasn't just when they were in Alaska on vacation that she complained about it being too cold? Does the temperature have to be perfect in order for her to have fun? How about teaching your children that life often requires us to adapt to the circumstances and that some of the most fun you will have is when conditions are otherwise less than ideal. A memory springs to mind of a trip to Six Flags with my five kids. We had a downpour in the early part of the day. We could've done like many of the other people and said, "Drat! We're rained out!" and left. But instead we stayed, waited for the worst of the showers to stop and then started going on rides as soon as they re-opened. (You get wet on so many of the rides, anyway. We figured we'd just hasten the process!) We were able to ride rides that typically had huge long lines multiple times. We had a blast! Now, looking back on the memory, it's less about the rain (though the splashing in the puddles like a little kid was also liberating!) but more about the fun we had. It's a shame she can't try to see that. Her kids lives will not be perfect, or without challenges. She would do well to teach them joy in adapting.
    You are right, but that's not Kate. She was upset about everything. Rain, too cold, too foggy, too cramped, too you name it. She's a very high maintenance person and has no impulse control. She was sooooo upset that people were taking their phots at Mount Rushmore, so finially the nanny speaks up to tell her, there was nothing they could do about it, so to calm down and not keep making a major deal out of it. The kids are there to have fun, not hear their mom CONSTANTLY complain about people taking photos. Gee, Kate, most people could figure that out. Why can't you?

Oh, and after all the complaining about people staring and taking their photos, she screams this high pitched scream when the fog lifts and she can see the faces on the mountain. More attention for Kate.

All above are right about TLC throwing her under that RV bus now. They are not showing any redeeming qualities about her anymore. It was a bad reveal of her from start to finish! The only way out is if the nanny and she make up at the end and Kate promises to do better. I personally think it will be too little, too late at that point. Kate has done a total reveal and it is a disaster.

She is a disgusting piece of trash. She can not stand to be around her 8 little money makers unless they are filming. She shows more care and love and concern for the tweenie twitter twits than she does her own children. Jon should sue for primary custody and the house and kick that hag to the curb
    luvsginger likes this.

+ Reply to Thread