+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

FORT Fogey

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

I keep seeing the previews to 'Kate Plus 8 Little Paychecks' and although I haven't watched the show in over 2 years, I sort of want to tune in to watch her nanny give it to her...I think this episode is gonna have huge ratings
    I suspect you're right about more viewers tuning in to see the nanny's smackdown of Kate. TLC has ramped up their advertising of this episode, far more promotions than I've seen in a long time, with big red text on the screen screaming the drama. It makes me wonder about something Kate said in one of the recent articles about the end of the show, regarding her interest in producing. In effect, she said she knows what sells and thinks she'd be good at it. What if she deliberately created all the drama in the upcoming episode to increase the show's ratings? She no doubt knew the ax was coming with the show's miserable ratings. If she can prove to the producers that there's still an audience for the show by ramping up the drama, she may think they'll reconsider. She knows J&K+8 had it's best ratings for the divorce show which was all about the drama. I believe she's capable of dreaming any number of dramatic scenarios to lure in viewers. The effect on the kids? Who cares, as long as the cameras keep rolling.

About the cancellation: good riddance to bad rubbish!!

I think the episode about the drama between the women is being played up for ratings too. I don't know that it would save the show since cancellation has been announced, but I wouldn't put it past them to try and see if the ratings go way up.

However, I believe that the drama probably occurs between Ashley and Jamie, not Kate and Ashley. We are being led to believe the opposite in order to draw in viewers.

They need to just give it up. This woman is horrible and has no talent. I hope she is never seen on another tv show, but I bet she will be.

I hope she doesn't try to get Mady into show business, either. Mady will only have her heart broken, because she doesn't have any real talent and hasn't studied to be an actress, singer, dancer, etc...

I wish all of the kids peace, but I'm afraid they won't have it with Kate. As for being a producer, I can't imagine what she would produce. The only thing she's ever produced which got her face on television was a pack of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    About the cancellation: good riddance to bad rubbish!!
    ITA and couldn't have said it better myself...you hit the nail on the head
    tapper01 likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I feel the worst for the kids - they obviously are dealing with issues being on the show already, and their attitudes have gotten them into the principal's office and I think suspended already for this. If they're smart, they will get help when they need it so they don't follow in their mother's footsteps thinking that being on TV is the only way they can have a life. I want the kids to have a full happy life and hopefully the network WILL keep their word, cancel this show in order to allow them to start that process.

FORT Fogey

I believe that the drama probably occurs between Ashley and Jamie, not Kate and Ashley. We are being led to believe the opposite in order to draw in viewers.
    ITA. I think the commercials for that episode are deliberately misleading.

ETA: Continued poor ratings for the Aug. 22 episodes.

9:00 1.038 million and a 0.3 A18-49
    9:30 .810 million and a 0.3 A18-49
    (from tvbythenumbers)
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 08-24-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I hope she doesn't try to get Mady into show business, either. Mady will only have her heart broken, because she doesn't have any real talent and hasn't studied to be an actress, singer, dancer, etc...

I wish all of the kids peace, but I'm afraid they won't have it with Kate. As for being a producer, I can't imagine what she would produce. The only thing she's ever produced which got her face on television was a pack of kids.
    A horrible vision just popped into my head. Can you picture Kate getting Mady into Abby Lee's (from Dance Moms) studio?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    ITA. I think the commercials for that episode are deliberately misleading.

ETA: Continued poor ratings for the Aug. 22 episodes.

9:00 1.038 million and a 0.3 A18-49
    9:30 .810 million and a 0.3 A18-49
    (from tvbythenumbers)
    I believe the Aug 22 episodes were repeats.

FORT Fogey

I believe the Aug 22 episodes were repeats.
    The first episode was new, the second was a repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    The first episode was new, the second was a repeat.
    Really? Darn. I still watch this show and my dvr is supposed to record new episodes. I noticed it wasn't set to record, so I checked the descriptions and they both seemed like repeats.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    Really? Darn. I still watch this show and my dvr is supposed to record new episodes. I noticed it wasn't set to record, so I checked the descriptions and they both seemed like repeats.
    Yes, the first episode, "Treehouse & Chicks," was new and TLC advertised it as a new episode in the days leading up to it. The second episode, "DC Cupcake Visit," had been previously aired.

There was an episode last season about the set up of a chicken coop, so maybe you were remembering that one. There was also an episode of J&K+8 about making cupcakes, when the kids were younger. No wonder this show has been cancelled, they've run out of ideas for show themes and started recycling!

+ Reply to Thread