+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 95 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    Deb, I read TLC's statement about the specials to mean they would only occasionally check in on Kate and the kids, which is similar to what was done with other HOM families (like the Kienast quints) in the past on other networks, where there would be a special every year or two. The continuous filming of the G8 is over. I don't have a problem with an occasional check-in.
    I feel the same way
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    Deb, I read TLC's statement about the specials to mean they would only occasionally check in on Kate and the kids, which is similar to what was done with other HOM families (like the Kienast quints) in the past on other networks, where there would be a special every year or two. The continuous filming of the G8 is over. I don't have a problem with an occasional check-in.

I agree that if Kate can find a way to keep herself in show biz, she will. However, I suspect her parting with TLC may not have been so amicable. The previews of next week's episode appear to show the end of the relationship with her long-term nanny, who's shown crying and saying she can't take it anymore, and Kate is shown in full-on screech mode. Kate also appeared disgruntled during the Q&A show. If the relationship has deteriorated, it won't be easy for Kate to find work in the business if TLC has nothing good to say about her.
    Hmmmmmm... I don't know. Sometimes those realty based networks love a train wreck. I wonder if she shop her family around to Bravo, Oxygen, etc. I think she's too unpopular to snag another network, but what do I know. LOL

Seriously, she was a piece of work in her Q&A session last night. Everything is always somebody else's fault. Her mom, her brother, her ex-husband, etc.) She's never wrong though.

I don't know that she really has any talent though. It will be interesting to see what she comes up with. I read elsewhere that she will try to hook up with a man whose in show biz, so she can tag along. We'll see how that works.

I have seen and read many interviews today that Jon just seems to be jumping for joy that the kids will no longer be on tv...he seems to understand they will probably need therapy at some point according to one interview I read and he's just hoping for a normal life for them at this point
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Jon can say what ever he wants, but if he could have made any money from doing the same thing, he would have jumped in with both feet.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Jon can say what ever he wants, but if he could have made any money from doing the same thing, he would have jumped in with both feet.
    Agreed.

I also wonder if all of Kate's talk in recent weeks about her kids wanting her to get married again means she knew this was coming and is now shopping around an "I Love New York"-esque show featuring herself.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    he went to court after they seperated to try and get them off tv but TLC had him by the coonies so to speak so in agreement they dropped their million dollar breach of contract against him if he let the kids stay on tv....so I do think its unfair to say if given the choice he would have jumped in with both feet to keep them on tv...I really think he wanted them off and personally I think that was a big part of their breakup
    luvsginger, tapper01 and Debb70 like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Did anyone see Jimmy Kimmel last night. He made a few jokes and then ran two videos. The first is of Kate attacking Jon. (Man, I had forgotten how brutal she was to that guy.) ANd the second one is about a new show, fictional, called Celebrity Rehab Plus 8, staring Dr. Drew providing therapy to the kids for the next 20 years. IT's kind of not funny, because it's kind of a real possibilty.
    Here's the link:

Celebrity Rehab Plus 8 - YouTube
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    he went to court after they seperated to try and get them off tv but TLC had him by the coonies so to speak so in agreement they dropped their million dollar breach of contract against him if he let the kids stay on tv....so I do think its unfair to say if given the choice he would have jumped in with both feet to keep them on tv...I really think he wanted them off and personally I think that was a big part of their breakup
    Just wanted to point out that it was my understanding on all of this that when they announced they were splitting, the show decided to drop Jon. It was only after he found out that his paycheck was drying up that he "played the card" of trying to take the kids of TV. Now, if it was sincere, I would be all for it and support him, as I absolutely believe those children should be off TV. But I just felt the need to point out the real backstory on that lawsuit. Jon seems to have changed in the most recent months - so hopefully he would look at it differently. But at least at the time, he had no problem with his kids being on TV . . . until he wasn't getting paid by the network anymore.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Katesmom, I used to be a regular watcher of the show. I do clearly remember towards the end, Jon wanting the show to end. He may have been caught up in it for a good while, but he finally said, "why are we doing this?" This was before the divorce.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The buzz is that she is starting a production company.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread