+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

I agree that the show is mostly watched by people who can't stand Kate or are just curious as to why so many people hate her. I think the producers largely try to address things from the past which Kate has been criticized for. They try to rewrite history so she will seem more likable, but she just isn't. I think that's why she's been hinting at seeing family whom she threw away years ago. I don't think anything she does is honest or real.

I personally can't stand her. I won't use the word hate, but I don't like her at all and I feel horribly sorry for her children. None of them should be on television and I think it's potential long-term humiliation for her kids.

Most opinions I've read state that the writers believe these kids will grow up to not want anything to do with fame or television, but I don't believe that. I think in particular that Mady may have aspirations to show biz. The sad part is there is not really anything that special about Mady (I'm not saying she isn't a special kid, all kids are special in their own ways)...no "it" factor or "X" factor. I hope they all have successful and happy lives, but that may be hard to acheive with Kate for a mother. I think she is a horrible mother.

Think back to potty training. Need I say more? WHO DOES THIS???
    nanarama and AZChristian like this.

has the episode I saw a preview of where the nanny/caregiver said she couldn't take anymore of Kate run yet....I just wondered what pushed her over the edge and from the little I saw she seemed to really care about the kids
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    has the episode I saw a preview of where the nanny/caregiver said she couldn't take anymore of Kate run yet....I just wondered what pushed her over the edge and from the little I saw she seemed to really care about the kids
    I think that is for a future episode, maybe tomorrow night? Not sure when. But the preview also had Kate's show listed like a regular show on Monday nights, or that was the impression the commercial gave me.

This is the episode I'm not sure is really what it seems like. I am sure Kate is hard to deal with, but would they really be willing to show how awful she is?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I just wondered what pushed her over the edge and from the little I saw she seemed to really care about the kids
    Just being Kate is probably what pushed her over the edge. Kate is a smug, narcissistic, self-entitled, spoiled, selfish woman and I don't see how anyone could work for her much less be her friend! Kate does not know how to treat people therefore it is very difficult for her to make and keep friends. It appears this woman was not only employed by Kate (or TLC) but was trying to be her friend which virtually is impossible with Kate Gosselin. I truly believe Kate will turn out to be a very lonely woman after the kids leave her house (if they ever do)....as immature as Jon was and as stupid as his antics were, he was a good husband and father for the first few years of the marriage until Kate's ego got to be too big...I doubt there is any man that will put up with her attitude...

As per People Magazine, Kate Plus Eight has been cancelled. FINALLY!

Here's hoping that the exploitation of those children ends forever and that no one ever gets to see any more of their private moments or emotional distress.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I agree - finally a channel has the sense to cancel a show, and one less moocher who just was lucky to have sextuplets is finally going to have to earn her money another way.

That said... there is comments in the articles I've read where TLC is considering to check in from time to time on the family. This would be a good time for those who would encourage Kate to move on with nursing and other areas in her life and leave celebrity aside to write TLC and tell them we're not interested in her exploits.
    AZChristian likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I also see where she plans to do motivational speaking. I wouldn't use up the gas to drive to hear her, even if I had a free ticket. I can almost see her on an infomercial about how to have fertilization procedures so you, too, can get your own TV show!!!!

Really glad to hear that TLC has come to its senses.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 08-15-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    luvsginger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I agree - finally a channel has the sense to cancel a show, and one less moocher who just was lucky to have sextuplets is finally going to have to earn her money another way.

That said... there is comments in the articles I've read where TLC is considering to check in from time to time on the family. This would be a good time for those who would encourage Kate to move on with nursing and other areas in her life and leave celebrity aside to write TLC and tell them we're not interested in her exploits.
    Yup .. just read that

TLC cancels 'Kate Plus 8'; last show airs Sept. 12 - WSJ.com

TLC will bring her back to do updates on the family. They have one coming up soon on Little People Big World. I don't think we have heard the last of Kate. I mean reality tv is her job, right? LOL

If she could control her spending she probably would never have to work again, but I doubt that's going to happen.

+ Reply to Thread