+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3925671;
    well lets see..whats on tv...Khate and her crapola or Toy Story 2..mmmmmmmmm...looks like its Buzz and Woody for me...lol
    Hi Butterfly. A most excellent choice!!!

this show is nothing more than a tool for Khate to show us that she is being wronged by society for how some of us think of here. I will not watch Khate's personal pity party for the public and the court/
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I really enjoyed the show tonight. Those kids are so adorable! Kate looks great with her new hair as well!
    Kate seems a lot happier without Jon. It is a really good thing that he is gone. We've learned so much about him since he left the show and he is obviously a poor role model for his kids. I am glad that he doesn't have primary custody of them. Kate seems to be less stressed and more easy going since Jon left. I like that. That's what parents should do when their kids get older anyway.
    Kate still is not someone I would like to be friends with but I cannot deny that she's doing good things for her kids. She turned adversity into a business, her kids are able to experience things few others do, and she is a good parent. Are the kids still eating organic? That's such a good thing! I know a lot of people choose to dislike Kate but she's doing a great job with 8 kids. I can't think of anyone who could do any better with 8 kids under the age of 10.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3925761;
    I really enjoyed the show tonight. Those kids are so adorable! Kate looks great with her new hair as well!
    Kate seems a lot happier without Jon. It is a really good thing that he is gone. We've learned so much about him since he left the show and he is obviously a poor role model for his kids. I am glad that he doesn't have primary custody of them. Kate seems to be less stressed and more easy going since Jon left. I like that. That's what parents should do when their kids get older anyway.
    Kate still is not someone I would like to be friends with but I cannot deny that she's doing good things for her kids. She turned adversity into a business, her kids are able to experience things few others do, and she is a good parent. Are the kids still eating organic? That's such a good thing! I know a lot of people choose to dislike Kate but she's doing a great job with 8 kids. I can't think of anyone who could do any better with 8 kids under the age of 10.
    I'm with you on most points, RealityLovesMe. I have watch Jon and Kate Plus Eight since almost the beginning and it was always one of my favorite shows. I have never been among the Jon or Kate haters as I always figure that I haven't walked a mile in either of their shoes (thankfully) and I cannot imagine how I might react to having eight children. Yes, I know it was their "choice" but I still say they have always tried their best to do the right things by their kids even if they sometimes get that wrong. I try to do the best for my two kids and I'll admit to having made a mistake or two.

I was happy to see the children today although dismayed to see that Mady is still an angry, seemingly unhappy girl even after the cameras have been turned off her for a year. Tough to watch.

Kate is trying to hard to create a tv career for herself even though I believe that her motives (helping her kids) are genuine. The only criticism I will offer about last night's show was that I thought it was ridiculous for Kate to dress the way she did--short dress/skirt and really high heels--to travel with eight kids. I always try to look nice when I travel by plane with my family but COME ON, you need to be comfortable and you need to be able to move quickly. Those heels were just not at all practical.

So I'll still keep watching And I'll take a lot of what Meredith Viera had to say in the second show in mind. She clearly likes Kate and thinks that we who watch have gotten too critical of Kate and her hair, parenting, etc. As she said, "Get a life!"

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Didn't watch last night, won't ever watch any of her shows. But my biggest problem with all of this is my fear that these kids will go the way of many child stars. Its already happening. We've been told how sad the kids were when the crew wasn't around, and I guess the kids were over-the-top excited when the crew came back on the show. A TV crew shouldn't be your best friends as children. How will the children deal with it when, and the day will come, the crews are gone forever? If they're teenagers it won't be tears and sadness, it will be drugs and drinking and much worse. Come on, we've seen it happen time and time again. Look at the debacle that was the lives of all the Different Strokes kids. Cute kids, one and all. Their jobs provided them with opportunities that most of us could never have (and some of you are saying that giving the kids things they might not otherwise have is why Kate is a "good mother"). But none of that mattered, their lives ended in a shambles, or simply ended. What about other aspects of life? What happens when the kids find out they can't have something because they actually have to pay for it and they don't have the money? There will be a day when there are no more freebies. What happens when they can't go to the front of the line at Disney World because they are no longer "stars?" What happens when the kids find out they have to work to make a living, rather than travelling the world on someone else's dime? There are many life lessons that these kids are not getting taught right now, when they should be learning them. Kate failed the kids by choosing to make stardom their focus in life. Stardom never lasts forever and that's a tough lesson for kids, as we've seen over and over and over. I hope I'm wrong, I really really do. But I also believe history is a very good teacher, which is unfortunate in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3925761;
    You are totally entitled to your opinion, but I really disagree with what you have said about Kate being a good parent. I think she has set those kids up for a lifetime of problems by allowing taping of their potty training and other inappropriate things, and just the overworking of those kids in general. She has denied them a childhood with the usual privacy and secrets kids need. She has sold them for a lifestyle she wants to maintain. Expensive vacations with camera crews in tow are not something children need or will possibly even remember later on. I fail to see how TLC freebies are enriching these kids' lives. I don't really understand the attraction to watching the kids, who already seem to be whiny and entitled to me. I find them no more attractive or fun to watch than any other average kids.

I don't think Jon is nearly as bad as Kate, although I don't think he is a very good parent either. I do think he loves the kids in a more "natural" way than Kate does. They seem more at ease with him, which is sort of a given if you think about how uptight and controlling Kate is.

To sum it all up, I wish both parents would wake up to the fact that they are exploiting those kids and it is not healthy. I wish they would care more about the kids than they do about money, but sadly I guess they don't.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;3925862;
    Didn't watch last night, won't ever watch any of her shows. But my biggest problem with all of this is my fear that these kids will go the way of many child stars. Its already happening. We've been told how sad the kids were when the crew wasn't around, and I guess the kids were over-the-top excited when the crew came back on the show. A TV crew shouldn't be your best friends as children. How will the children deal with it when, and the day will come, the crews are gone forever? If they're teenagers it won't be tears and sadness, it will be drugs and drinking and much worse. Come on, we've seen it happen time and time again. Look at the debacle that was the lives of all the Different Strokes kids. Cute kids, one and all. Their jobs provided them with opportunities that most of us could never have (and some of you are saying that giving the kids things they might not otherwise have is why Kate is a "good mother"). But none of that mattered, their lives ended in a shambles, or simply ended. What about other aspects of life? What happens when the kids find out they can't have something because they actually have to pay for it and they don't have the money? There will be a day when there are no more freebies. What happens when they can't go to the front of the line at Disney World because they are no longer "stars?" What happens when the kids find out they have to work to make a living, rather than travelling the world on someone else's dime? There are many life lessons that these kids are not getting taught right now, when they should be learning them. Kate failed the kids by choosing to make stardom their focus in life. Stardom never lasts forever and that's a tough lesson for kids, as we've seen over and over and over. I hope I'm wrong, I really really do. But I also believe history is a very good teacher, which is unfortunate in this case.
    I do see your point in all of this and believe that many people feel the same way. I do hope this isn't what happens to these kids....wish Kate (and Jon) could figure out a way to support their family without going on t.v. Guess I just see that there are good aspects to Kate's parenting that I hope will serve the kids well.

Its a moot point now..but if the kids missed the camera crew and TLC people so much, why didn't Kate and staff simply have everyone over from time to time for a cookout...or weekend retreat with pool party, burgers, volleyball, things of that nature. But in any case..I suspect the die has already been cast. IMO, there is probably little now that can be done to "undo" the harm done to these kids. Someone earlier mentioned editing..and portraying Mady as the obnoxious child. She is obnoxious...and there is a very clear reason for it. Once again, IMO, Mady needs a firm hand (and I don't mean spanking) and leader to guide her in setting parameters for her behavior. She is far too old to be making a spectacle of herself in public.

Kate has every right to work and support her children. No doubt she has to..she won't get diddly squat from Jon. However, I wish TLC would quick cooking up phony excuses to put together a field trip or some other sort of event just so these kids can be filmed having "meltdowns" (at the age of 6 that's getting to be a bit much), "Mady tantrums" and Cara's look of intelligence...and loneliness. Have Kate's little show and good luck to her...but enough is enough with the kids. In any case..as I said above...I don't think it matters much now.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3926006;
    Its a moot point now..but if the kids missed the camera crew and TLC people so much, why didn't Kate and staff simply have everyone over from time to time for a cookout...or weekend retreat with pool party, burgers, volleyball, things of that nature.
    Hi Jupiter. Your observation about having the crew over if the kids missed them so badly is spot on. I think it is safe to assume that all the terrible "missing of the crew" was overblown and contrived to "prove" how much the kids love filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3926006;
    Kate has every right to work and support her children. No doubt she has to..she won't get diddly squat from Jon.
    Kate and TLC admitted that Jon has been paying child support of more than $21,000 per month. This is just another of Kate's "poor, pitiful me raising 8, count 'em, 8 kids all by myself" lies.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3926169;
    Hi Jupiter. Your observation about having the crew over if the kids missed them so badly is spot on. I think it is safe to assume that all the terrible "missing of the crew" was overblown and contrived to "prove" how much the kids love filming.

Kate and TLC admitted that Jon has been paying child support of more than $21,000 per month. This is just another of Kate's "poor, pitiful me raising 8, count 'em, 8 kids all by myself" lies.
    Seriously. If it's true that Jon pays this amount to Kate, he's basically paying for all the nannies (3 of them, right?) without the benefit of being there.

The guy was screwed - royally. Kate and TLC are equally disgusting.

+ Reply to Thread