+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I don't know why it would hurt Jon..he severed all ties with TLC..found himself a regular job and has done his best to stay out of the limelight going as far as getting court orders to keep people from taking so much as a picture of him when he has the kids....he seems to just want to move on with his life and IMO is trying to give them some normal time as children
    I've noticed it, but given that he has had to deal with the tabloids and the like even now, I can see him still being affected somewhat. Except in this case he somehow be the blame for the show being canceled over Kate's antics and people being tired of them.

I do give him kudos though that he is trying to separate the two - reality and fantasy. I do not think Kate does.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I'm wondering where you read about this court order? It's not of record, as far as I can see on the dockets. Also, Jon invites the paps over on occasion to take pics of him with his kids and his girlfriend.

He did get mad, though, when someone took a picture of him at a fast food drive up window (sans kids).
    Things that are public record: weddings, divorces, law cases, liens, property sales the like. These can be viewed by the general public, though you have to pay money if you want copies.

Not: Adoptions, anything that involves a juvenile (criminal and not), and a few other cases that I can't think of off the top of my head.

I think what was listed though is not anything that can be of public record except for media and such. Official legal documents unlikely.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Things that are public record: weddings, divorces, law cases, liens, property sales the like. These can be viewed by the general public, though you have to pay money if you want copies.

Not: Adoptions, anything that involves a juvenile (criminal and not), and a few other cases that I can't think of off the top of my head.

I think what was listed though is not anything that can be of public record except for media and such. Official legal documents unlikely.
    A court order would be of public record, and I have electronic access to official court records, as do many attorneys We do pay for it. There isn't one entered in this supposed "matter" of Jon v. the media, at least in Berks County, PA (his country of residence).
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    A court order would be of public record, and I have electronic access to official court records, as do many attorneys We do pay for it. There isn't one entered in this supposed "matter" of Jon v. the media, at least in Berks County, PA (his country of residence).
    I didn't know you were an attorney, but yep, even I've used a similar program.

I wonder if there's a chance either a. he had a different name used (i.e. Jon his stage name :rolls eyes), or b. they had to file it in the location of the actual place TLC is located because the issue is between them.

Personally, I just find this show irritating. There are some "news" stations I find more entertaining than I do this one.

I hope for the kids' sake that they finally cancel it. They already are showing signs that can affect them long term if they're not careful, i.e. fighting at schools, the like. I don't want any of them to be adversely affected by their parents' (particularly mom's) starlust.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I hope for the kids' sake that they finally cancel it. They already are showing signs that can affect them long term if they're not careful, i.e. fighting at schools, the like. I don't want any of them to be adversely affected by their parents' (particularly mom's) starlust.
    Even if its canceled she will still find a way to make money off of them and herself.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Even if its canceled she will still find a way to make money off of them and herself.
    Sadly that's true; so my hope is the kids find a way to get out of there as soon as they're able to. I can see however Jon's point about them being too young to work - he probably doesn't want them long term to end up like their mom. He has his issues, but I think he's waking up to them faster. (even at glacial pace lol).

I'm not sure, Libgirl. The public does seem to be getting tired of her. There may just be a limit to the book deals and speaking tours as her star descends. What I have a hard time understanding is how the show even got the numbers it did!

It's sad to me the people who look to her as a role model when there are other wonderful moms who struggle to care for and feed their families without the outside help and financial assistance she receives. They are the ones I applaud. Maybe her former fans are starting to realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I'm not sure, Libgirl. The public does seem to be getting tired of her. There may just be a limit to the book deals and speaking tours as her star descends. What I have a hard time understanding is how the show even got the numbers it did!

It's sad to me the people who look to her as a role model when there are other wonderful moms who struggle to care for and feed their families without the outside help and financial assistance she receives. They are the ones I applaud. Maybe her former fans are starting to realize that.
    What I am seeing with Kate more now that the kids are older is that there is a disconnect between her and the kids. It's almost as if the kids are aware of her bizarre behavior and overlook it. It appears that they interact better with strangers than with her. This very odd IMO. What is causing this disconnect? I honestly don't think she realizes it. It's out of her control. How the kids will handle this as they become adults will be interesting.

It's like watching a woman in her own little world who is playing a part and creating things as she wants them to be, oblivious to the real world. Then the kids are there running around trying to figure out what she's doing. It looks like she confuses them. In many ways the kids are more mature than her.

I've been thinking the same thing Debb. It seems like the kids couldn't care less if she was around them or not.

I get the impression the time she spends with them is for show only. They don't seem to have any bonding with her at all.

She doesn't seem to realize that her kids are getting older and are beginning to see right through her act.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing Debb. It seems like the kids couldn't care less if she was around them or not.

I get the impression the time she spends with them is for show only. They don't seem to have any bonding with her at all.

She doesn't seem to realize that her kids are getting older and are beginning to see right through her act.
    And it begs the question just how are they going to turn out? A distant mom, dad not around, pimped for tv, fame and $$. I see a future kind of like a Lindsey Lohan were neither parent is a real parent. I hope I'm wrong, but with the way things are going, I am not sure I am wrong.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread