+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 86 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

We all know why Kate did it, she has an excessive need for attention, in other words she's an attention whore.

She was trying to bring drama and ratings to the show by putting herself in a situation where she could fall apart and make everyone feel sorry for her, only A. we know to much about her to ever feel sorry for her and B. she choose to put herself in the situation and could just have walked away from it without any drama so she just proved her stupidity.

FORT Fan

Frankly, I think if she was truly that afraid of heights, she wouldn't have done it. I'm absolutely terrified of heights and I wouldn't have even gone near the windows in that building. Plus, anyone notice how when the guy finally tried to hustle her back inside, she was suddenly fine enough to do it. So much for the 'I have to get acclimated over a long period of time'. It's all an act with her. Not saying she might not be a little afraid of heights, but like someone said, I think she was playing it up for the attention. She just can't stop being absolutely horrible. If I was that poor guy, I'd have 'accidently' shoved her off the ledge before the safety harnesses got attached.

I was really disappointed by her behavior at the glowworm caves too. Like I said last week, about 10 years ago I went to Australia and New Zealand and visited a lot of the places they went to, and I LOVED the Waitomo caves (we also went to the same Maori cultural center on the show, but at least she seemed respectful there) I couldn't believe she was making fun of their guide about the shapes in the rocks-they point them out because there ARE recognizable shapes in the rocks. I remember being amazed at how clearly you could see things like the woman with her baby, almost like someone had intentionally carved them. The boat ride is incredible, because it's the first part of the cave where you're actually in complete darkness (there are low lights in other parts of the caves) and then you suddenly come out into an area where there are thousands of glowworms. Truly the definition of awesome. A little scary and claustrophic, but amazing.

And of course, what does Kate do? Whine about things dripping on her (it's a cave) complain about the temperature (again....it's a cave. AND they advise you to take a jacket in) and make fun of the locals. No wonder people hate traveling Americans.

FORT Fogey

The numbers are in and it's bad news for Kate and her brood. According to the tvbythenumbers web site, which tracks program ratings, it's been a steady, downward trajectory for the latest episodes of K+8:

April 4 - 1.306 million viewers
    April 11 - 1.214 million viewers
    April 18 - 0.874 million viewers

I haven't watched any of it, but reading the descriptions here, it's no surprise that viewers have dumped this show.

This is the same kind of downward trend in the ratings that finished LPBW, so the fat lady is at the microphone and tuning up for K+8!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

What I wonder is how she and Jon plan to maintain their lifestyles if they end up without the income from TLC's. She seems to be spending to the hilt and not trying to economize. I have friends with large families who manage without all the perks she has, but it seems to me she'd have a hard time coping without nannies, mani's and pedi's and all her service people.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    What I wonder is how she and Jon plan to maintain their lifestyles if they end up without the income from TLC's. She seems to be spending to the hilt and not trying to economize. I have friends with large families who manage without all the perks she has, but it seems to me she'd have a hard time coping without nannies, mani's and pedi's and all her service people.
    Financially, I think both will struggle. The emotional results of the show being canceled I think will affect Kate much more because she's always demanding and wanting to be treated like royalty. She will have a wake up call handling all the young ones by herself and without nannies after this.

Jon will probably fare better emotionally of the two, but it will hurt him as well.

I personally just don't like the kids are being put in so much limelight. It didn't surprise me when any of them got into trouble at the school acting out and it having tie-ins to the show.

In this economy I'd hate to be them trying to sell that huge house with land. We have a good sized house on land (which makes it not terribly easy to sell) and it's only worth now about 2/3 what it was three years ago. I wonder if they have a mortgage on their house. If so, I would guess that payments are in the many thousands a month. Pretty impossible to pay on a nurses's salary. I think Jon is roofing (so I heard) and while I give him kudos for being willing to work, it won't support his family in the manner that they've become accustomed. Kate better try to get those ratings up!

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Financially, I think both will struggle. The emotional results of the show being canceled I think will affect Kate much more because she's always demanding and wanting to be treated like royalty. She will have a wake up call handling all the young ones by herself and without nannies after this.

Jon will probably fare better emotionally of the two, but it will hurt him as well.

I personally just don't like the kids are being put in so much limelight. It didn't surprise me when any of them got into trouble at the school acting out and it having tie-ins to the show.
    I don't know why it would hurt Jon..he severed all ties with TLC..found himself a regular job and has done his best to stay out of the limelight going as far as getting court orders to keep people from taking so much as a picture of him when he has the kids....he seems to just want to move on with his life and IMO is trying to give them some normal time as children
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    When the show is over, the kids are no longer "cute" and Kate Gosselin's name elicits a "who?" response, that whole family will suffer.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I don't know why it would hurt Jon..he severed all ties with TLC..found himself a regular job and has done his best to stay out of the limelight going as far as getting court orders to keep people from taking so much as a picture of him when he has the kids....he seems to just want to move on with his life and IMO is trying to give them some normal time as children
    I thought he still received income from TLC even though he was no longer on the show. And I thought that that was how he was able to pay his child support.
    About the only way I can imagine right now to save this series is if Jon and Kate tried to get back together. Even I might be curious enough to tune in for that. (NOT that I expect it to happen.)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflyfaery
    found himself a regular job and has done his best to stay out of the limelight going as far as getting court orders to keep people from taking so much as a picture of him when he has the kids....
    I'm wondering where you read about this court order? It's not of record, as far as I can see on the dockets. Also, Jon invites the paps over on occasion to take pics of him with his kids and his girlfriend.

He did get mad, though, when someone took a picture of him at a fast food drive up window (sans kids).
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread