+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

I saw the video of the kids seeing the film crew - I think it's adorable but I'm still a holdout that thinks the kids are adorable.

On the other hand . . .

there's also more video on the TLC site and I'm pretty sure that the kids are still using high chairs at the dining table (!) and I'm pretty sure that toward the end of one of the clips, Kate is complaining about the kids not having their nap that day (!!!). They're 6 years old - and she's still trying to put them down for naps??? She really has no clue, wow.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3924098;
    I saw the video of the kids seeing the film crew - I think it's adorable but I'm still a holdout that thinks the kids are adorable.

On the other hand . . .

there's also more video on the TLC site and I'm pretty sure that the kids are still using high chairs at the dining table (!) and I'm pretty sure that toward the end of one of the clips, Kate is complaining about the kids not having their nap that day (!!!). They're 6 years old - and she's still trying to put them down for naps??? She really has no clue, wow.
    Did they still have the bibs, paper plates, and sippee cups?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3924098;

On the other hand . . .

I think the kids are adorable. And, honestly, I don't have a problem with the filming (within certain parameters). I just have a problem with Kate and how she treated Jon, her latest book that exposed the kids on far too personal of a level, and her narcissism.

The kids are really cute - as are all kids

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3923993;
    I also heard that the "Kate plus 8" shows are specials and not a series.

I believe it was E-News that I was watching last night, they had a video of the home and there was a knock on the door, and the kids were all excited to find out that it was the old camera crew that had come back to film the new specials.

First of all, I loathe kate, but I can see why folks would watch this if they were into the kids. They were so darn funny, they were all excited and happy about the crew, and they were running around with them and playing. Kate siad that she told them they were going to have visitors but didn't tell them who it was. It was pretty clear that the kids were quite fond of the crew.

I believe the other show, Twist of Kate, is just about her. I'll pass on both, thank you.
    The camera crew are probably the most normal, loving adults in these kids lives.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duggar groupie;3924807;
    The camera crew are probably the most normal, loving adults in these kids lives.
    That's probably true. I recall the first season or two when they showed the kids interacting with the film crew. The crew was great with them.

Then, there were reports of some of the crew leaving because they objected to Kate's evolving behavior.

Kate really did "twist" early on. Took about a season and a half before she started behaving like an ass - and everything changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3923975;
    ...The Gosselin kids seem over indulged and babied. The one twin girl's behavior has always been excused away..and apparently dealt with in "counseling" and by giving her disingenious praise for things she should be doing on her own.
    Hi Jupiter - (Your Dory avatar makes me smile!) I think the tups are babied because TLC and Kate want them to appear younger than they are. There is no other reason for them to still be in high chairs and wearing bibs.

One of the very many reasons that filming these (and any) children for reality TV is extremely harmful is that the viewing public is herded into believing certain things about each child's personality which may not be entirely accurate. It makes for much "better" TV when a child can be branded and identified with as the "quiet" one, or the "funny" one, or the "obnoxious" one, etc. These kids get painted with an editorial brush that causes people who don't even know them to judge them. When the episodes are scripted to tell a story (and they all are scripted in "reality" TV), it is impossible for the viewers to get an accurate representation of just "who" a child is.

The one twin you mentioned has been shown to be outspoken, which is not necessarily a bad trait (especially if it is a defense mechanism or protest about having cameras stuck in her face all the time, or because she harbors some resentment or sadness because of the constant special attention showered upon the "special" 6). But strangers diss her and criticize her. There are internet pages set up saying hateful things about her. How is a child supposed to deal with this? How can anyone argue that this is not damaging to her?

Kate mentioned in a magazine article that the kids were struggling and that a counselor would be coming to their house (which, BTW, is not how legitimate counseling would be conducted). She then admitted later that they had received no counseling. It was just another one of her lies to make it appear that she had the best interest of the kids at heart. (I doubt she or TLC would EVER let a therapist within 100 yards of those kids, for fear of what they would say!)

Hi momrek06 - (Love Betty Boop!) TLC indicated that the shows would be a series of specials after they got a wimpy wrist slap from the PA Department of Labor for not obtaining work permits for the children. If the ratings are good, I'm sure the specials will start coming fast and furious.

Hi Jexter - You are so right. The kids, like all kids, are cute. It's just extremely sad that they can't be cute in private.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;
    They were so darn funny, they were all excited and happy about the crew, and they were running around with them and playing. Kate siad that she told them they were going to have visitors but didn't tell them who it was. It was pretty clear that the kids were quite fond of the crew..
    Hi Sassy - There is not a doubt in my mind that this "spontaneous" excitement and happiness was not spontaneous at all. There were other episodes that involved "surprises" where the children were supposed to act surprised, but then basically spilled the beans by asking for their candy reward because they acted a certain way or said a certain line. (Kate's birthday surprise comes to mind.) And who exactly was filming those precious moments of spontaneous joy at seeing the crew? EVERYTHING about TLC's and Kate's words about filming is always suspicious.

Have a great day, everyone!

I'm in my office, but I hear her in there, that shrew. Talking about "eight wetsuits...eight blah blah......"

I honestly am not watching because after I post this am turning the channel but i just had to see if it was going to be the same old s*** and it is. Kate talking and droning on and on while they take an expensive trip paid by TLC in a recession the likes of which I have never seen. Same old, same old....the kids are NOT adorable, I am sorry, I feel for them but they are not worth watching. This is just a redux of the old show but without Jon so all you hear talking is bitch Kate.

There's just nothing to this tripe unless you want to go to sleep and haven't any sedatives.

I hate that woman. I cannot stand to hear her voice.

Kay now I'm gonna go find something FUN to watch.
    Last edited by hepcat; 06-07-2010 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3924461;
    I think the kids are adorable. And, honestly, I don't have a problem with the filming (within certain parameters). I just have a problem with Kate and how she treated Jon, her latest book that exposed the kids on far too personal of a level, and her narcissism.
    I can't stand Kate, but I watched the show just to see the kids. I always enjoyed watching them. They've grown so much since the last time they were on t.v. They're adorable.

Kate on the other hand is a b!tch and will always be a b!tch. Though I don't agree with Jon's behavior, I can totally understand why he acted/is acting like he is.
    ~Jennie~

As I was watching Kate and Eight tonight I remembered how much I used to dislike her and why. Last year when Jon and Kate went off the air, I decided to let things go. I had always sided with Jon and then he became a disappointment too. I decided to start a blank slate. I even rooted for her on DWTS. Now she's back to her old self. If I keep watching, I'm going to dislike her a lot again. LOL. REf. the trip to Orlando where they swam with the dolphins and fed sting ray. Didn't a string ray kill Steve Erwin?

After the first show this show comes on entitled Inside of Kate or something like that. OMG. How self-indulgent can you be? It was PATHETIC. I can't watch anymore and have switched over to Breaking Bad.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-06-2010 at 10:39 PM.

well lets see..whats on tv...Khate and her crapola or Toy Story 2..mmmmmmmmm...looks like its Buzz and Woody for me...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread