+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4119712;
    Acting out and bad behavior IS part of normal post-divorce behavior... but it's not normal for them to have to go through it on national television. Nor is it fair.

I really hope that these kids are being given college funds. I think it should be law that the money children make in these shows go into a trust for them until they turn 18. I remember reading that the child actors in Slumdog Millionaire, instead of being given money, it was paid for a ride to come and pick them up every day and bring them to and from school, and the rest was put into funds to be given upon the completion of their schooling. Seems like the best way to protect against them being used for child-labor, and I wish courts would do something like this for these reality kids - Gosselins, Duggars, Maches, all of them.
    I do not think that these kids are going through their post-divorce trauma on national television. They are going through it in the tabloids and on gossip sites. I am appalled that Kate Gosselin chose to air these issues on "Today" and on another E-channel show (I forget which one). She should have simply been silent on her kids troubles. I think her motives for doing so are enormously suspect. These kids are already gossip fodder. Why make it worse?

And why do we, en masse, thirst for stories of these children's failure and pain?

I think these kids need a good lawyer and a guardian ad litem to ensure that they are compensated for what they are going through. Not that money could ever truly compensate them.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Saw the Gosselin Alaska ad last night.... my husband turned to me and just said WHY????
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4119850;
    I do not think that these kids are going through their post-divorce trauma on national television. They are going through it in the tabloids and on gossip sites. I am appalled that Kate Gosselin chose to air these issues on "Today" and on another E-channel show (I forget which one). She should have simply been silent on her kids troubles. I think her motives for doing so are enormously suspect. These kids are already gossip fodder. Why make it worse?

And why do we, en masse, thirst for stories of these children's failure and pain?

I think these kids need a good lawyer and a guardian ad litem to ensure that they are compensated for what they are going through. Not that money could ever truly compensate them.
    I don't know that the Gosselin kids are covered by the Jackie Coogan laws that were instituted for child actors, but I know that there's a movement in Pennsylvania and elsewhere to crack down on reality television through child labor laws. If the same laws were to apply to them as to child actors, then a portion of their money would have to be put away for them. Granted, that doesn't always save child actors from facing problems as adults, but it's something.

I know Paul Petersen's A Minor Consideration has shown concern for the Gosselin kids and any other minors being used in reality television. I believe PROTECT is involved as well, as I've heard Alison Arngrim mention the same issue.

FORT Fogey

I think few, if any, viewers are actually "thirsting" for news of the kids' "failure and pain." Jon and Kate thrust them into the national spotlight when they were very young, since birth for the tups, and continued to exploit them at every opportunity. The sad result of the parents' relentless exploitation of their children is the resulting (and predictable) public interest in what happens to those kids, and that includes the good, the bad and the ugly. As Kate has said about the original show, it was the realest reality show on TV (although now we know better). What she didn't foresee is that reality includes what she doesn't want the world to know. It's too late now: those kids will be followed for the rest of their lives, the good and the bad will be media fodder. I sincerely hope the laws change soon to allow a portion of the kids' hard-earned money to be put aside for them. They're going to need it for what will no doubt be years of therapy.

FORT Fogey

Now we know why we didn't see Kate+8 camping with Sarah Palin in the Alaska episode. That fun-filled portion of the Gosselin's trip to Alaska was saved for Palin's show which airs tomorrow.

A spoiler-filled description is available here.

Kate Gosselin Loses It While Camping With Palins

Maybe TPTB are hoping for a ratings boost for both shows. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4124566;
    Now we know why we didn't see Kate+8 camping with Sarah Palin in the Alaska episode. That fun-filled portion of the Gosselin's trip to Alaska was saved for Palin's show which airs tomorrow.

A spoiler-filled description is available here.

Kate Gosselin Loses It While Camping With Palins

Maybe TPTB are hoping for a ratings boost for both shows. Good luck with that.
    I am not planning on watching!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

So apparently all Katie Krieder has to do is blog about what she wants and poof it appears. She blogged about wanting to go to Austrailia and guess what...she and her 8 little money makers are there ringing in the New Year one day earlier than us poor sobs in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4135103;
    So apparently all Katie Krieder has to do is blog about what she wants and poof it appears. She blogged about wanting to go to Austrailia and guess what...she and her 8 little money makers are there ringing in the New Year one day earlier than us poor sobs in the USA.
    Too bad she didn't get eaten by a Dingo.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4137613;
    Too bad she didn't get eaten by a Dingo.
    for real

so now E true Hollywood is going to do a piece on her REally? WHY?

+ Reply to Thread