+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

From what I have read, the Duggars are ALI members who believe that adulthood begins at the time a child enters into a parent-approved marriage, and at no time before that. No exceptions. Until a child enters such a marriage, he or she is expected to reside in the father's house and assist him in any way he needs them to. Normal dating is not permitted, and is perceived as a barrier to marital happiness.

College or career prep is not only a non-priority, it is the antithesis of what these parents expect for their children. I see these kids as captives. The girls, in particular, are in "helpmeet" training from infancy. It's a kind of indoctrinated slavery.

The Gosselin kids act out. If they were Duggars, their punishment would be swift and sure. I agree, the Gosselin kids will be able to escape. The Duggars, not so much.

ETA: I apologize if I've taken this thread off topic. Maybe it should be on the Duggars thread.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 11-23-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4112578;
    ETA: I apologize if I've taken this thread off topic. Maybe it should be on the Duggars thread.
    No problem. I just think if I had to be a realitytv kid, I'd rather be a Duggar then a Gosselin. I would prefer a mother who wouldn't belittle and demean me. Where my every embarassing move is for the world to see...
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Click to see Spoiler:
    there is a new episode on TLC tonight. We get to see one of the dogs being brought back. That is the surprise in the garage.
    Last edited by Critical; 11-28-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

I guess curiosity killed the cat....the part about the satisfaction isn't necessarily true in this case, though. I admit it, I watched this shrew and her awful show tonight. I was at loose ends and there it was. So sue me. I usually will avoid her show like the plague so as not to give it any ratings, but then will watch on Youtube to see if she is really all that awful. She is. The kids are too. They now act like Kate and when not acting like Kate they just ham it up for the cameras, can't sit still, can't say anything without pulling faces, etc. Poor little mites, it isn't their fault. They will be made fun of for the way they are beginning to behave on camera, though.

Kate is just so fake. We all know she did not bring that dog back to please her kids. She did it to try to salvage her poor image. I suspect that is the same reason she was somewhat toning it down on this episode and showing love to Collin. It just read as fake. Honestly, what is the point of having a show whose whole premise seems to be to convince the world that this woman is a decent person and a good mom, when she isn't? I don't understand that. It's like it should be named "The Sale of KG to the Public at Large or Hopefully Hollywood". I don't understand why TLC would waste valuable airtime and money or even the film to tape this woman, who has no appeal, no talent, and no reason to be on television other than birthing 8 children in two tries.

Why are they trying so hard to sell her? It just puzzles me to no end. She hasn't got any "it factor" and she really doesn't have a single iota of talent in her whole body. I'm really over the kids too. These are plain looking kids who also have no talent or "it factor" among them. They just act silly now. There is nothing to see.

I care about the kids and what happens to them, and would like for them to have normal lives but my hopes for them are fading. Somebody really wants to give this woman a show for some reason. I just wish they would go on and do it, give the kids their privacy to grow the rest of the way up in, and give her a show. Let her sink or swim on her own, and not allow her to use her children to earn an income. She won't make it in a place like Hollywood or NY but I guess TLC can package and repackage her to their hearts content, until the day they finally realize it's a losing proposition and give up the ghost. If it would give those poor kids their freedom to BE kids, I would be all for it.

FORT Fanatic

Is Kate too old to join the Marine Corps? She would be an incredible drill instructor (and my apologies to those D.I. in the military).

Talk about barking orders to her kids! Yikes. "Do this, do that, stand here." I feel sorry for the two kids not currently enrolled in school who can't get away from her for part of a day to experience 'normal' life at school. But the way Kate flits around constantly shopping, getting her hair/nails done, etc. maybe she is not actually within voice range of them that often.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;4116341;
    I guess curiosity killed the cat....the part about the satisfaction isn't necessarily true in this case, though. I admit it, I watched this shrew and her awful show tonight. I was at loose ends and there it was. So sue me. I usually will avoid her show like the plague so as not to give it any ratings, but then will watch on Youtube to see if she is really all that awful. She is. The kids are too. They now act like Kate and when not acting like Kate they just ham it up for the cameras, can't sit still, can't say anything without pulling faces, etc. Poor little mites, it isn't their fault. They will be made fun of for the way they are beginning to behave on camera, though.

Kate is just so fake. We all know she did not bring that dog back to please her kids. She did it to try to salvage her poor image. I suspect that is the same reason she was somewhat toning it down on this episode and showing love to Collin. It just read as fake. Honestly, what is the point of having a show whose whole premise seems to be to convince the world that this woman is a decent person and a good mom, when she isn't? I don't understand that. It's like it should be named "The Sale of KG to the Public at Large or Hopefully Hollywood". I don't understand why TLC would waste valuable airtime and money or even the film to tape this woman, who has no appeal, no talent, and no reason to be on television other than birthing 8 children in two tries.

Why are they trying so hard to sell her? It just puzzles me to no end. She hasn't got any "it factor" and she really doesn't have a single iota of talent in her whole body. I'm really over the kids too. These are plain looking kids who also have no talent or "it factor" among them. They just act silly now. There is nothing to see.

I care about the kids and what happens to them, and would like for them to have normal lives but my hopes for them are fading. Somebody really wants to give this woman a show for some reason. I just wish they would go on and do it, give the kids their privacy to grow the rest of the way up in, and give her a show. Let her sink or swim on her own, and not allow her to use her children to earn an income. She won't make it in a place like Hollywood or NY but I guess TLC can package and repackage her to their hearts content, until the day they finally realize it's a losing proposition and give up the ghost. If it would give those poor kids their freedom to BE kids, I would be all for it.

Ok lily, why don't you tell us how you really feel ... j/k, as ITA w/you!

Just disturbing. And why do I watch this ....why?
    KAREN

If I had a choice to be a Duggar or a Gosslin I would prefer to be adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4116643;
    If I had a choice to be a Duggar or a Gosslin I would prefer to be adopted.
    You have that right. The problem with being a Duggar baby is that as soon as you bond with mommy, you get handed to a sister to raise you, so in effect you are robbed of a true mother/child relationship. But, besides that, things seem pretty good until you get old enough to take care of babies. Then you become nanny and maid material, I mean a buddie to a younger child and assigned jurisdictions.

Kate is very disturbing IMO, but at least she supports education. If she is telling the truth the kids have college money put away. Let's hope that's true.

I saw Kate on The Today Show this morning and man, she was soooo desperately trying to convince everyone that the kids are okay and that what they are going through is normal post-divorce behavior. Me thinks thou doest protest too much, Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;4116341;

To be honest, and this is really sad but TLC doesn't have to "sell" her, she sells herself....she is such a b*tch that viewers actually tune in to see how much of a b*tch she can really be, she is despised by so many that the viewers look for any flaw they can find and ridicule her for it as evidenced in all the blogs that are out there.....the ratings skyrocketed on DWTS when she was on, not because the viewers wanted to see her succeed but they wanted to see her fail and make an arse of herself (which she did). Her 5 minutes have sort of turned into 10 minutes but I doubt it will turn into much more. What cracks me up the most about her, is her choice of shoes for some reason.....LMAO....just cracks me up how someone tries to pull themselves off as a hardworking mother of 8 runs around in shorts and 5 inch heels....I am just happy that people have finally begun to realize that she is who she is....fill in the blanks...

FORT Fogey

Acting out and bad behavior IS part of normal post-divorce behavior... but it's not normal for them to have to go through it on national television. Nor is it fair.

I really hope that these kids are being given college funds. I think it should be law that the money children make in these shows go into a trust for them until they turn 18. I remember reading that the child actors in Slumdog Millionaire, instead of being given money, it was paid for a ride to come and pick them up every day and bring them to and from school, and the rest was put into funds to be given upon the completion of their schooling. Seems like the best way to protect against them being used for child-labor, and I wish courts would do something like this for these reality kids - Gosselins, Duggars, Maches, all of them.

+ Reply to Thread