+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

I have never watched this show, with or without John but I can say, in all honesty, I will never understand how Kate can do as much as she does with 8kids and now, with no husband to help. I only had two kids and that kept me plenty busy, raising them, keeping a house, working part time (ex husband was not much help at all.) I'm sure she has nannies and housekeepers, etc but to me, she's just a fame seeker and the losers are her kids. There's just no way she can give them the time and attention they need.....I mean, really 8 KIDS!!!!!!
    I'd be fine with her seeking fame but just wish she hadn't had kids. They are not just a hobby.

(sorry but bad parents are the one thing that really makes me angry.)

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4106544;
    I have never watched this show, with or without John but I can say, in all honesty, I will never understand how Kate can do as much as she does with 8kids and now, with no husband to help. I only had two kids and that kept me plenty busy, raising them, keeping a house, working part time (ex husband was not much help at all.) I'm sure she has nannies and housekeepers, etc but to me, she's just a fame seeker and the losers are her kids. There's just no way she can give them the time and attention they need.....I mean, really 8 KIDS!!!!!!
    I'd be fine with her seeking fame but just wish she hadn't had kids. They are not just a hobby.

(sorry but bad parents are the one thing that really makes me angry.)
    She does it because of the hefty check from TLC and her nannies and sitters who are doing their best to raise them. I think of Kate and her single-parentness as Tiger Woods ex, Elin, as a "poor single parent". Hardly...

Plus I keep in the fact that Kate got herself pregnant with all these kids purposefully so that she can cash in on the fame of having sextuplets. So I give her no pity party and no wonderment.

I wouldn't consider her as a "single parent". Her husband helps, probably more than what media shows.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4106280;
    I wonder about that too, libgirl. The quote from the TLC rep says they "will not deal with the circumstances surrounding the children's expulsion." I guess they could say Kate decided those two would do better in a homeschool environment with no further explanation. Or they could avoid the topic altogether and focus on another day trip or activity. I have a feeling the clock is ticking on this show and TLC may be done with them after this episode.
    At least now I know why this thread's been mum for a while - this instance of two students being expelled.

While it may not be the case here, I have wondered if they started getting this way thanks to the PR and stuff going on with "Kate plus Eight" or being one of the Gosslin children.

Frankly, this is sad, and I hope that it is the end of the primping and such for Kate and family. The children really deserve better, and I hope their exposure to this industry doesn't screw them up long term. Sadly, stuff like this makes me question it.

I wish for the kids sakes this was ending, but I don't know. They have another episode scheduled for this week I think. I had read about a visit to the corn maze, which was totally for filming and not for the kids to have fun, and now it will be in the new episode, apparently. It is a Halloween episode which I find strange given it's almost TG.

Who really wants to watch this shrew use and mistreat her kids anymore? Is it not clear by now that this has all harmed them? Being expelled at the age of 6 has to be done for extreme behavior issues and it just makes me sick that TLC and Kate are still trying to make a buck off these poor kids, using the expulsion to gain viewers I would bet.

I hope it crashes and burns and is very low rated. I am so sick of Kate's ugly mug on tv I can't take any more. I also want those kids to be free of their "jobs". Let them be kids!

I won't be tuning in.

FORT Fogey

I think this show is doomed. Kate isn't making the press the way she did, her ratings are down, and the kids have grown beyond the "cute" stage. She used to do The View frequently, but she hasn't even been on that show for awhile.

Still, I don't think Kate will go away. She'll pop up somewhere and pull in enough money to make a living.

I really hope this show stops for the kids sake. They need a normal life, just look how they are acting out. The difference with this show and say the Duggars for example, is that I never feel the Duggars stage anything. I can't imagine them pulling a fake Christmas. And I don't see them relying on cute little kids as much as we see plenty of episodes centering on the older kids, which I enjoy alot. But I seriously doubt Kate will allow these kids any semblence of normalcy. She will continue to milk them and her situation for everything she can. She can't go back to being "normal".
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4111131;
    I really hope this show stops for the kids sake. They need a normal life, just look how they are acting out. The difference with this show and say the Duggars for example, is that I never feel the Duggars stage anything. I can't imagine them pulling a fake Christmas. And I don't see them relying on cute little kids as much as we see plenty of episodes centering on the older kids, which I enjoy alot. But I seriously doubt Kate will allow these kids any semblence of normalcy. She will continue to milk them and her situation for everything she can. She can't go back to being "normal".
    I think both these shows exploit children. The Duggars would not be on TLC if they did not fit into TLC's definition of freaks. In the Duggars case, it's because they chose to have 20 kids. In Gosselin's case, it's the multiples. There would be no show, in either case, without the children. In both cases, the kids who have not attained the age of 18 are the unpaid employees of TLC. Whether we enjoy these shows or not, this much is true.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4111595;
    I think both these shows exploit children. The Duggars would not be on TLC if they did not fit into TLC's definition of freaks. In the Duggars case, it's because they chose to have 20 kids. In Gosselin's case, it's the multiples. There would be no show, in either case, without the children. In both cases, the kids who have not attained the age of 18 are the unpaid employees of TLC. Whether we enjoy these shows or not, this much is true.
    Sure but regardless of some feelings, I don't get a Kate vibe from them, ie I would rather visit with Michelle then her ANY day of the week!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4111640;
    Sure but regardless of some feelings, I don't get a Kate vibe from them, ie I would rather visit with Michelle then her ANY day of the week!
    They are both pimping out their kids. You could not pay me to visit either of these women.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

I think both these shows exploit children. The Duggars would not be on TLC if they did not fit into TLC's definition of freaks. In the Duggars case, it's because they chose to have 20 kids. In Gosselin's case, it's the multiples. There would be no show, in either case, without the children. In both cases, the kids who have not attained the age of 18 are the unpaid employees of TLC.
    I agree. The Duggars don't get a pass because Michelle seems "nice," although I'm not so sure how "nice" she really is, using her older kids as surrogate parents to the little ones so she can keep the baby factory going. I feel sorry for the older girls who carry the burden of housewives/parenting at an age when they should be discovering who they are, what interests them, and what they want to do with their lives.

The Duggar kids may be better behaved than the Gosselin kids, but I think the Gosselin kids have a better chance at getting away from their exploitive parents someday than the Duggar kids. Ideally, I'd like to see all of the Gosselin kids make their escape as soon as they can!
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 11-23-2010 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread