+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

I'm not sure that I understand how it is the publics fault that there are things out there about Kate and Jon. After all Kate and Jon are the ones that opened up their private family life for everyone to see. Even now, when the kids are getting old enough to hear and see things they continue to air all of their laundry (dirty laundry too) for everyone. For Kate to actually publish a book of "personal letters" that she wrote to her children, and then sell those books to make whatever money she can, tells me that her children mean very little to her. When Jon decides to "date" a woman with questionable morals and to do so knowing that his every move was being watched tells me that at that time his own happiness mattered more than his children. When Kate airs all of the details of her divorce, including the reactions of her children, to whatever magazine was willing to pay her for it, she is again putting it out there in spite of what it will do to her children. It does surprise me that Kate hasn't talked to People directly (yet) about the twins and their school problems, then again that would focus on her own parenting skills and it seems best to keep that quiet. I can also imagine that Kate would not have a problem at all with letting the kids know exactly what she thinks of their father, after all she has no problem telling it to whomever will listen or pay her.......for example People, The View and The Today Show. When Kate and Jon decide that the children need to come first, that they will put aside their differences, they will get the children whatever help they need for them to hopefully become well adjusted children then I will be one of the first to say that the public needs to back off and leave this family alone. Since it doesn't appear that is going to happen anytime soon, at least not as long as there is still money to be made off of the children's backs then I will continue to be disgusted by the way this "mother and father" are behaving and read whatever is out there about them if I feel like it at the time.

FORT Fogey

I'm genuine in my inquiry....for all the Kate lovers....what is it about her that people like?

FORT Fogey

At the time, I read that Gosselin left with her kids when she realized they were all supposed to use the same drywall bucket for a toilet. She checked into a motel with them. I think there are a number of posts about this incident either on this thread, or the gossip thread?
    There are a number of stories circulating about what happened, but we'll probably never know the truth. We do know that TLC's original plan of cross-promoting Palin's show on K+8 didn't happen. I can't imagine that TLC is happy about the expense of sending K+8+film crew to Alaska and not getting what they wanted.

The public obsession for Gosselin gossip still seems insatiable, even though the TV specials have low ratings. Until this dies, these kids are likely to be exposed to untold embarrassment and shame.
    The burden these children will carry for the rest of their lives is the direct result of their parents' self-indulgent behavior. Jon and Kate never considered the long-term effect of signing their kids' lives away to TLC. The short-term gratification of the $$$ became the primary driver, and the kids became commodities to be marketed. I remember an interview Jon gave in Utah, before the divorce, where he talked about their "brand," and the importance of finding the right branding. Who talks like that about their family?? At that point, the Gosselins were at the peak of their popularity, with the show and lots of positive media coverage. Kate was adored in the media as a supermom, appearing in wholesome family friendly staples like Good Housekeeping and Ladies Home Journal, promoting products, interviewed on national TV, like Today and GMA, as "America's favorite mom" while promoting her first, best-selling book.

Fast forward almost 2 years later, and their lives are unrecognizable from those glory days. The references to Kate as "America's favorite mom" have long since vanished, along with the family friendly promotions for P&G, Wal-Mart and Healthtex. Her latest book bombed, her appearance on DWTS was ridiculed, and her attempts at a career in showbiz have failed. When they're in the media at all, it's mostly negative stories in the tabloids that are picked up by the TV entertainment news shows.

These kids have a legacy of Internet condemnation of their parents to catch up on. And catch up they will.
    The children will find that their parents squandered the goodwill given to them during their early years of positive attention with arrogant, self-indulgent behavior that spiraled out of control, creating the downward trajectory of the public's perception, and that it wasn't the anonymous public that destroyed their lives for 30 pieces of gold, it was their own parents.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 11-14-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I find it unquestionable that the various low gossip sites and blogs about the Gosselins have whipped certain parts of the Internet masses into a kind of Old-Testament self-righteousness and anger.

There are hundreds of thousands of insulting, critical, hostile, and untrue posts about the Gosselins out there and it's become a kind of hobby for some people, a kind of vigilantism. The language used in many of these posts is so inflammatory and profane that it does not bear repeating here.

I do think this public lynch mob attitude affects the Gosselin children and will continue to inflict a distinctly Internet ilk of suffering on them. This is not the passive result of their parent's behavior. Everyone has the right to free speech, but sometimes exercising it hurts the innocent. I think speculating on public forums about school expulsions falls into this category.

"A Sweet, Sweet Sound": this video is worth watching. It's the kind of Internet legacy I'd like the Gosselin children to have.

Click on the 2nd entry on the right. It's dedicated to the Gosselin kids.

Alexis Christian
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

This is not the passive result of their parent's behavior. Everyone has the right to free speech, but sometimes exercising it hurts the innocent. I think speculating on public forums about school expulsions falls into this category.
    There is nothing passive about what the Gosselins did to their family. They actively pursued the marketing of their children, submitting videos of their family for consideration to TLC. They actively pursued obtaining handouts from the good people in unsuspecting churches by pursuing speaking engagements where they received "love offerings." They actively pursued product endorsements and book deals based on their unique circumstances as a family of sextuplets and twins.

Blaming the public for becoming disenchanted with the grifter mentality of the Gosselins does not absolve them of their responsibility for putting their family in the spotlight. There would be no gossip, Internet or otherwise, for the kids to read if their parents hadn't allowed it to happen.

Please turn this discussion back to the show, and steer away from discussing posters on the internet.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

TV Guide is reporting the next Kate + 8 special will air on Nov. 28.

The next Kate Plus 8 special will not deal with the circumstances surrounding the children's expulsion, a TLC rep told The Hollywood Reporter. The special, centered around Halloween, will air on Nov. 28.
    Two Gosselin Children Expelled From School - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4105569;
    TV Guide is reporting the next Kate + 8 special will air on Nov. 28.

Two Gosselin Children Expelled From School - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    Wow, I thought it was the older girls. I wonder if now we will see scenes of Kate Homeschooling??
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I wonder if now we will see scenes of Kate Homeschooling??
    I wonder about that too, libgirl. The quote from the TLC rep says they "will not deal with the circumstances surrounding the children's expulsion." I guess they could say Kate decided those two would do better in a homeschool environment with no further explanation. Or they could avoid the topic altogether and focus on another day trip or activity. I have a feeling the clock is ticking on this show and TLC may be done with them after this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4106280;
    I wonder about that too, libgirl. The quote from the TLC rep says they "will not deal with the circumstances surrounding the children's expulsion." I guess they could say Kate decided those two would do better in a homeschool environment with no further explanation. Or they could avoid the topic altogether and focus on another day trip or activity. I have a feeling the clock is ticking on this show and TLC may be done with them after this episode.
    I hope so. Those children have been exploited by their mother long enough. I hate to say it but I think those children may have to spend the fortune they made from the show on pyscho therapy bills!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread