+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 95 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4104355;
    People magazine is reporting this story. Readers can choose to decide whether or not they're reputable enough to be believed. However, I'd point out that People has been a consistent Kate fan, she's been on the cover several times with stories sympathetic to her on a number of subjects, and they've reported this story in a similar way.

Two of Kate and Jon Gosselin's Eight Children Expelled from School : People.com

If this story were not true, I can't believe the parents would not have put an end to the speculation as soon as the story appeared. I don't respect their parental choices, but I do believe they wouldn't allow this story to circulate if it weren't true.

As for whether or not this story belongs in this thread, the children's behavior has been part of the show as well as their being shown departing and arriving from school. I think this story does relate to the show.
    No parent in their right mind would go on record to discuss this very private matter. It is clearly no one else's business. Nevertheless, thanks for posting the link which was published today at 4:20 p.m. It's clear that the gossip press has been wildly exaggerating the story.

And the story does belong on the gossip thread.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 11-12-2010 at 07:40 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

No parent in their right mind would go on record to discuss this very private matter.
    I disagree. We're not talking about the parents going on record to give a detailed account. All they have to say is the story is not true, and have their legal counsel contact anyone reporting the story.

And the story does belong on the gossip thread.
    At this point, I don't believe it's gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4104337;
    Alaska is not a vacation for little kids. TLC is kind of dense not to have recognized that.
    I suspect it was all a tie-in to the new Palin family show about Alaska.
    I doubt TLC cares what is suitable for the children as long as the ratings are respectable enough to bring in the advertising bucks.
    I guess it's pretty easy for TLC to wash their hands of that type of decision. They pitch and idea to Kate, or she to them as she seems to wield some power with TLC and the project is a "go".

I won't be watching the Palin program, but I imagine it'll give a better look into Alaska for anyone who's interested. Anything with Kate in it ends up being all about Kate, the backdrop is largely inconsequential.
    It's just more shots of kids doing things they don't seem entirely interested in while their mother mugs for the cameras and squeals.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Palin No Shows On Gosselin TV Special

On August 6, TLC President Eileen O'Neill said that the Palin family "graciously shared their Alaska with the Gosselin family," and confirmed their adventures would be shown on TV.
    Palin didn't appear in the Gosselin's Alaska special, and none of the promos for Palin's new show mention the Gosselins. Since the shows are being aired a week apart, rather than the K+8 episode leading into the premiere of Palin's show, we can only wonder what happened to change the TLC executive's mind since there's been no official explanation.

According to unofficial reports, there was a planned camping trip with the Palins but Kate was unhappy with the arrangements and left after one night. My guess: the TLC film crew probably got no usuable footage from the Palin/Gosselin meeting. Palin is known for her folksy, down-home personality so I can't imagine she would have been sympathetic to any diva-like behavior from Kate. I can believe Palin would not have wanted her show associated with Kate 's, and at this point TLC is no doubt betting on the Palin's show to bring in viewers more than Kate+8.

Since the children are no longer at the "how cute" stage, I really can't imagine what the appeal of this show would be. It has gone far and away from documenting the life of a family with many children. I might have been interested in a show that dealt with a real working woman's struggles to raise 8 children after a divorce but this show is far from that.

....My guess: the TLC film crew probably got no usuable footage from the Palin/Gosselin meeting. Palin is known for her folksy, down-home personality so I can't imagine she would have been sympathetic to any diva-like behavior from Kate. I can believe Palin would not have wanted her show associated with Kate 's, and at this point TLC is no doubt betting on the Palin's show to bring in viewers more than Kate+8.
    As much as I hate to agree with anything Sarah Palin says (which is an entirely different topic)...I think your guess is correct and, if so, I would completely agree with SP (for once). I can only imagine Kate's antics on that camping trip. heh Can you imagine what she said or did when her high heels sank into the mud???

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4104678;
    I doubt TLC cares what is suitable for the children as long as the ratings are respectable enough to bring in the advertising bucks.
    I guess it's pretty easy for TLC to wash their hands of that type of decision. They pitch and idea to Kate, or she to them as she seems to wield some power with TLC and the project is a "go".

I won't be watching the Palin program, but I imagine it'll give a better look into Alaska for anyone who's interested. Anything with Kate in it ends up being all about Kate, the backdrop is largely inconsequential.
    It's just more shots of kids doing things they don't seem entirely interested in while their mother mugs for the cameras and squeals.
    Sweet. Love all of this.

I also think Kate is diabolical enought to plant this kind of seed/rumor as a way to get Jon out of her life, i.e. she will likely blame the kids' bad behavior on Jon.

sadly, I doubt this will be the only gossip headline we'll see about the Gosselin kids. They've really just been too young to show many signs of trouble..other than typical preschool acting out. They're getting older now...my guess is by the time the Gosselin kids are in their teens we'll see the true impact of this whole mess. Pitiful really.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4104884;
    Palin No Shows On Gosselin TV Special

Palin didn't appear in the Gosselin's Alaska special, and none of the promos for Palin's new show mention the Gosselins. Since the shows are being aired a week apart, rather than the K+8 episode leading into the premiere of Palin's show, we can only wonder what happened to change the TLC executive's mind since there's been no official explanation.

According to unofficial reports, there was a planned camping trip with the Palins but Kate was unhappy with the arrangements and left after one night. My guess: the TLC film crew probably got no usuable footage from the Palin/Gosselin meeting. Palin is known for her folksy, down-home personality so I can't imagine she would have been sympathetic to any diva-like behavior from Kate. I can believe Palin would not have wanted her show associated with Kate 's, and at this point TLC is no doubt betting on the Palin's show to bring in viewers more than Kate+8.
    At the time, I read that Gosselin left with her kids when she realized they were all supposed to use the same drywall bucket for a toilet. She checked into a motel with them. I think there are a number of posts about this incident either on this thread, or the gossip thread?

Personally, I would have left, too. There are good camping sites in Alaska's state parks with bathroom facilities. They should have chosen one of them.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;4105054;
    sadly, I doubt this will be the only gossip headline we'll see about the Gosselin kids. They've really just been too young to show many signs of trouble..other than typical preschool acting out. They're getting older now...my guess is by the time the Gosselin kids are in their teens we'll see the true impact of this whole mess. Pitiful really.
    I suspect that the twins are already being exposed to the thousands of negative internet articles and comments that have been posted about their parents. The lies, the posturing, the stealing, the court fights... the divorce. They are old enough now to have friends who clue them in. I suspect they feel shame and embarrassment, in both a public and private sense, regarding their parents' insane behavior.

The public obsession for Gosselin gossip still seems insatiable, even though the TV specials have low ratings. Until this dies, these kids are likely to be exposed to untold embarrassment and shame.

Unfortunately, even if it stops, the damage has been done. These kids have a legacy of Internet condemnation of their parents to catch up on. And catch up they will.

+ Reply to Thread