+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 96 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4070208;
    Interesting. I wonder when she started wearing heels so much. Did she wear them while she was pregnant? Does she wear them running around with the kids? She says she spends all her time with the children, what Mom in their right mind wears heels around the house with the kids or on errands with them? How long would she have had to wear heels as opposed to barefoot or flats for the majority of the time to make her muscles only comfortable in heels. Does she wear heels around the house now since she isn't comfortable in flats?
    That would be assuming she actually raised her kids when TLC wasn't filming. Was I imagining things but were those kids still using high chairs?

FORT Newbie

I heard a rumour that TLC was gonna cancel this show due to low ratings, I hope that's the case. Kate Gosslin is a reailty tv whore, I want to smack her everytime she says she has to be in the entertainment business to put food on the table. If she's so afraid of not having money for food why doesn't she sell the million dollar estate she lives in? I read somewhere that she was researching people getting freebies while she was pregnant w/ the six kids.
    Those kids look miserable in every single picture taken of them, there's a youtube video of all of them screaming as Jon took them back to Kate's house. I think it's obvious that she doesn't want to be a stay at home mom, as she acts like her kids are overbearing. She likes nannies to babysit them while she chases fame. People should boycott any show, book, seminar, magazine, etc -of her, once the public decides not to watch her anymore, she'll go away. The people who watch now out of curiousity should watch on Youtube so TLC will get low ratings.

FORT Fogey

Rumor has it that two of the Gosselin kids have been expelled (or suspended) from school for bullying. The kids are not happy campers and they need to be pulled from the show ASAP.

Well if that is true about the expulsion, seems like all these years of cameras etc... are finally starting to manifest themselves in bad behavior.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Apparently the two 6 year olds were physically and verbally abusive to other teachers and students. They were spouting vulgarities that most adults wouldn't utter. Wonder where they learned that from....

And as far as Kate....a RN makes damn good money, damn good. She wouldn't be a millionare, but she also wouldnt be poor either. So lets can her @ss and make her work like every other single mother in America. I feel very sorry for any patients that ever was a nurse to, just lacks the compassion and empathy that should be invested in every nurse as an innate skill.

FORT Fogey

The whole Jon vs. Kate thing has been SUCH big news, and the public's emotions have run so strong in response that there really isn't anywhere that these two can go but down.

Bullying makes these kids no longer cute - and I imagine the public will respond accordingly. Esp. with all the media coverage surrounding the bullying issue these days (long over due...). I am envisioning a crash and burn scenario for Kate.....without a brood of charming kids, Kate is a whole lot of nothing. Plus, it is proof positive that the kids are suffering. An ugly divorce is harmful enough. An ugly divorce for the world to see, including schoolmates and their parents, is another.

This story may be just the thing to tip the scale in favor of Kate's demise.

They say that kids act out to get attention from their parents. Enough said.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4103964;
    The whole Jon vs. Kate thing has been SUCH big news, and the public's emotions have run so strong in response that there really isn't anywhere that these two can go but down.

Bullying makes these kids no longer cute - and I imagine the public will respond accordingly. Esp. with all the media coverage surrounding the bullying issue these days (long over due...). I am envisioning a crash and burn scenario for Kate.....without a brood of charming kids, Kate is a whole lot of nothing. Plus, it is proof positive that the kids are suffering. An ugly divorce is harmful enough. An ugly divorce for the world to see, including schoolmates and their parents, is another.

This story may be just the thing to tip the scale in favor of Kate's demise.

They say that kids act out to get attention from their parents. Enough said.
    We should bear in mind that the details of this story have never been released by a reputable source - just the scandalous gossip rag In Touch magazine, with the NY Post repeating the stuff in In Touch. Considering that all school records are confidential, and that leaking student info will cost you your job as a school employee, I think it's all a lot of hooey.

ETA: It occurs to me that, since this is gossip, we should probably be posting on the Celebrity Gossip forum (Jon & Kate Plus or Minius Eight thread). I think this thread is supposed to be about the show?
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 11-12-2010 at 01:02 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I saw a bit of their Alaska show and thought it was as dull as ditch water.
    The show is so Kate-centric now and I really don't find anything interesting or endearing about her. She's just not worth watching. Everything seems so forced, from the way she flaps her hands about to hi-light her French manicured nails during the confessionals to the over-excited squeals she lets out in reaction to pretty much everything.
    As much as I want the children off tv, or reduced to a limited role of maybe a couple of update shows a year, I can see why every effort is being taken to keep them on the show, Kate can't carry a show without them, imo.
    It really seems like the children are overwhelmed by some of the activities they do at the time. They later seem more enthusiastic when they do their confessionals, but more often than not it's Kate who's reacting big while the kids look as though a lot of what's going on isn't really registering with them. I don't know if they're just tired and can't take it all in at the time.

I haven't bothered to look at ratings, but have heard they're down.
    After watching bits of a few episodes I can see why.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I totally agree. This show is dull, dull, dull.

If you think about it, unless you are taking the kids to Disney World (or possibly a video arcade, or a particularly interesting petting zoo) you are just not going to get big, authentic emotional responses during a family trip from the group as a whole - especially on a trip to someplace like Alaska.

If you have ever traveled to Alaska, you know that the trip itself is exhausting. I wouldn't even consider taking children that age on such a trip. A few years ago we took our grown sons on the inland passage and then flew in a small private plane into Denali Park for a week. We did a lot of hiking, some flyfishing, and we slept like logs at the ends of our exhausting days. It was unforgettable.

Alaska is not a vacation for little kids. TLC is kind of dense not to have recognized that.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

We should bear in mind that the details of this story have never been released by a reputable source
    People magazine is reporting this story. Readers can choose to decide whether or not they're reputable enough to be believed. However, I'd point out that People has been a consistent Kate fan, she's been on the cover several times with stories sympathetic to her on a number of subjects, and they've reported this story in a similar way.

Two of Kate and Jon Gosselin's Eight Children Expelled from School : People.com

Two of Jon and Kate Gosselin's eight children have been expelled from a private school in Pennsylvania.

Collin and Alexis Gosselin, both 6, are now being homeschooled, a source close to the situation tells PEOPLE. Despite reports of violence and bullying, the children are not behaving as badly as has been claimed, the source says.

"The situation is being grossly overstated," the source says. "The kids are going through a challenging time, but Kate doesn't feel this is something that should be discussed publicly. It is a private matter."
    If this story were not true, I can't believe the parents would not have put an end to the speculation as soon as the story appeared. I don't respect their parental choices, but I do believe they wouldn't allow this story to circulate if it weren't true.

As for whether or not this story belongs in this thread, the children's behavior has been part of the show as well as their being shown departing and arriving from school. I think this story does relate to the show.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 11-12-2010 at 06:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread