+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3922115;
    I'm very let down that Jon caved in to allowing filming of them again. They certainly didn't win any parental lotto, did they?
    Jon pulled the plug on the show - not for the sake of his kids, but in a knee jerk reaction to TLC changing the title of the show and kicking him to the curb (in terms of air time for him). He was just fine with filming the kids before TLC essentially fired him from the show.

Like all TLC "reality" families, this one is freakishly odd. They used fertility drugs to produce a pregnancy resulting in multiples while knowing they had no resources to support them, and knowing in advance that multiples were a strong probability. Before and during the show, Jon and Kate appeared regularly before church congregaions doing beg-a-thons for "blessings." They published the donor names on their website.

I think that these children represent nothing but $$$$ to their parents. The best Jon has to offer them is a cigarette. The best Kate has to offer them is her absence.

You are so right, lilymax. These kids were screwed before they were even conceived.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3923431;
    OK UPDATE!!!

I am reading on other message boards that this is NOT a series BUT instead just a one time 2 hour special on TLC!!!
    I read something similar, too. "Twist of Kate" is a series, while "Kate Plus Eight" will be several "documentary" type programs (number unspecified) -supposedly featuring more Kate than Eight.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3923208;
    I was thinking the lawsuit probably prompted Jon more to drop his block on filming the kids. But I question his motives, because there were rumors he wanted to re-join the show in some way, and that TLC was blocking his own attempts at starting his own reality show elsewhere.
    Hi Karalott - I completely agree that the lawsuit caused Jon to fold like a cheap suit and allow his kids to be filmed again. He is certainly the more loving, hands on parent, but he is also a stupid, naive ignoramous (no offense, Jon).

Hi captain - I don't think there are many who are all that sympathetic to Jon. I believe he is greedy and lazy like Kate. His only saving grace is that he at least appears to love his kids and was the one doing the daily parenting. Kate always looks angry, bored or sullen around the kids. It's like they are just a necessary inconvenience to her. Both of these useless parents are content to allow their children to earn a living for them. They disgust me beyond reason.

Hi momrek06 - Can you let us know where it was reported that the Kate Plus 8 show was just the one special? I heard that they had already filmed as many as 12 episodes. The kids were also cleared to appear on the Twist of Kate show. I sincerely hope that anyone who feels for these kids at all will not turn on these shows for even a second.

Everyone - I am enjoying reading all the creative tortures you would prefer over watching Kate's new shows!

Did I hear Kate correctly this morning on The Today Show. She said the kids were thrilled to back to work. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3923527;
    Hi Karalott - I completely agree that the lawsuit caused Jon to fold like a cheap suit and allow his kids to be filmed again. He is certainly the more loving, hands on parent, but he is also a stupid, naive ignoramous (no offense, Jon).

Hi captain - I don't think there are many who are all that sympathetic to Jon. I believe he is greedy and lazy like Kate. His only saving grace is that he at least appears to love his kids and was the one doing the daily parenting. Kate always looks angry, bored or sullen around the kids. It's like they are just a necessary inconvenience to her. Both of these useless parents are content to allow their children to earn a living for them. They disgust me beyond reason.

Hi momrek06 - Can you let us know where it was reported that the Kate Plus 8 show was just the one special? I heard that they had already filmed as many as 12 episodes. The kids were also cleared to appear on the Twist of Kate show. I sincerely hope that anyone who feels for these kids at all will not turn on these shows for even a second.

Everyone - I am enjoying reading all the creative tortures you would prefer over watching Kate's new shows!

Hiya, mushybrain, (cute username)

I am also on a DISNEY message boards and under the General Forum allot of tv shows (info etc) is posted ... so on the KPE thread; one poster stated that she could not find the show scheduled AFTER the 2 hour KPE show airs ... then another poster stated that she read it was just a one time special ...

I then went to the TLC site and could not find anything more about the KPE show other than Sunday's show ... ???

Do you know when they will be showing Kate Plus Eight on TLC after Sunday?
    KAREN

I've heard it's series of one hour specials, I don't know how many though.

I won't watch. I do think the children are sweet, but there's nothing really exceptional about any of them.
    Certainly nothing to warrant a show had there had only been three of them, say.

I used to enjoy the show in the early days before Kate started playing to the cameras.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3923685;
    I've heard it's series of one hour specials, I don't know how many though.

I won't watch. I do think the children are sweet, but there's nothing really exceptional about any of them.
    Certainly nothing to warrant a show had there had only been three of them, say.

I used to enjoy the show in the early days before Kate started playing to the cameras.
    I agree with you Fluff...I'm sure they're nice kids...but they are really exceptionally ordinary..and in some cases don't seem quite as bright as other kids in their age range. I know I know...please don't jump on me. I'm not trying to mean...and I understand that perhaps this reality tv debacle has caused some of the difficulty. The Gosselin kids seem over indulged and babied. The one twin girl's behavior has always been excused away..and apparently dealt with in "counseling" and by giving her disingenious praise for things she should be doing on her own.

The Table for 12 kids behave far more normally than the entire Gosselin bunch. They have sibling squabbles but have parents who are there..instilling discipline and self worth...and a sense of "pull together" as a family.

Kate Gosselin can pursue her own celebrity show if she chooses. If it succeeds fine..if not sorry about your luck. But really...the Gosselin kids are no big deal except there are 8 of them...and not much special beyond that.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I also heard that the "Kate plus 8" shows are specials and not a series.

I believe it was E-News that I was watching last night, they had a video of the home and there was a knock on the door, and the kids were all excited to find out that it was the old camera crew that had come back to film the new specials.

First of all, I loathe kate, but I can see why folks would watch this if they were into the kids. They were so darn funny, they were all excited and happy about the crew, and they were running around with them and playing. Kate siad that she told them they were going to have visitors but didn't tell them who it was. It was pretty clear that the kids were quite fond of the crew.

I believe the other show, Twist of Kate, is just about her. I'll pass on both, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3923402;
    Ugh, left tv on a certain channel, and woke up to an interview of Kate. I thought it was a nightmare, it was!
    Are there actual other things worth watching on TLC these days? Wow.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3923541;
    Did I hear Kate correctly this morning on The Today Show. She said the kids were thrilled to back to work. Really?
    Yes, that's the nightmare I woke up to. She said she didn't tell the crew they were coming, and the kids were thrilled to be back to work. The crew is just like family, and sometimes they babysit the kids!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

+ Reply to Thread