+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by win-place-show;4064111;
    I agree. As the mom of a very freshly minted teen and a pre-teen, I can only think of the horrors of putting your kids and their typical trials and tribulations on national tv. And then have Kate demean and diminish those tribulations.

I agree. Is nothing too personal for her? Guess not.
    The kids didn't sign up for this.... they deserve some measure of privacy, especially as they get older. YOu know there is a lot of talk about the Duggars, but I still feel that there is a wall of privacy between me and the older children.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I channel surfed into this show last night. UGH! I think concentration camp prisioners have more rights than those poor kids have. Sheesh...Kate is like a drill instructor...all those rules that she makes them repeat outloud.

This poor put upon mother act is growing old. If she is struggling so hard raising 8 kids ...ugh...no...must not go there. I don't know, maybe I am too conservative but I couldn't see me wearing heels & low cut tops while taking my children shopping. That desparate for a man Kate???

I saw part of the show where they went deep sea fishing.
    I don't know if that trip was a last minute thing, but I was surprised by how unprepared Kate was.
    Her overbearing attention to detail was a familiar plot point in earlier episodes. We often got to see lists on the screen of exactly what was required to mobilize eight kids for an afternoon out.
    Now she no longer has to take diapers, now the kids can probably manage to be out for three or four hours without needing her to take a cooler full of snacks, I would have thought she could manage the few essentials still needed.
    She took the kids on a boat trip quite some distance from shore and didn't appear to take much of anything with her. The boys were in shorts and t-shirts, the girls in summer dresses. I would have thought she'd either have dressed them a little warmer to begin with or at least taken a bag with a cardigan or sweater each and a few spare t-shirts in case anyone got seasick.
    I think the majority of the kids did throw-up and when Alexis was sick over herself Kate had to dress her in a spare t-shirt one of the crew just happened to have. It was such a shambles.

I also saw them flying kites on a far too windy day. Why set yourself up for failure like that? Because it makes good tv? Any fool could see that it was not a day to attempt kite flying.
    I was rather shocked by Kate's ditziness and lack of organization. I guess this is the new image though. "I'm single, I'm doing this all on my own so I'm just like any other single mum."
    Except, I think most other mothers, single or otherwise, would be able to get their act together better than Kate seems to have done of late.
    "That's Numberwang!"

i haven't been reading this section too often lately .....but you mean to tell me this heifer is still on the tv...what will it take for TLC to cancel her sorry self
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

The end may be in sight. The current issue of In Touch magazine is reporting that, according to an "insider," TLC has quietly cancelled K+8 because Jon has refused to resign a contract allowing the kids to be filmed. Of course, this isn't an official announcement, and apparently TLC is denying it, but it will be interesting to see what happens. There has also been no promotion that I've seen for the "Twist of Kate" show that TLC was supposed to premiere this fall. I'm betting that show will never see the light of day.

I read that earlier, MizDaisy and also read that ratings have dropped by 50% for Kate+8.

I haven't seen any promotion for Twist of Kate either, but I haven't watched much TLC since it turned into almost wall-to-wall "look how many kids we've got" shows.

Former kid TV stars from "Little House on the Prairie" and "Lassie" are expected to testify Thursday in Harrisburg at a hearing on a bill designed to protect children working in reality TV shows like Kate Gosselin's "Kate Plus 8," which is filmed in Pennsylvania.

Alison Arngrim and Nellie Oleson, from "Little House," along with Jon Provost, who played Timmy on "Lassie," are expected to testify before the Pennsylvania House Labor Committee, which is considering Rep. Thomas Murt's Bill 2515.

They arrived in Harrisburg Wednesday to join Paul Petersen, who played Jeff Stone in "The Donna Reed Show," which ran on ABC from 1958 to '66. Petersen and the other former child stars are there to lobby legislators on the need for reform in child labor laws.

It’s expected that Arngrim, Provost and Petersen will discuss the need for set teachers (currently not required in Pennsylvania) and how reality TV must be regulated like so-called scripted TV in their Thursday morning testimony.

Also testifying will be representatives from State Department of Labor and Industry, and representatives from the MPAA and the Screen Actors Guild.

The hearing is expected to be broadcast by PCN, Welcome to PCN!, Pennsylvania's version of C-SPAN.

“I’m delighted Alison and Jon will be on hand to share the lessons learned from their years on the frontlines,” Murt said in an email to the Sun. “I’m certain they will help the legislature understand how critical it is that Pennsylvania reforms its antiquated child labor laws.”

The hearing has attracted nationwide attention.
    Z on TV: 'Gosselin Law' - Former kid stars to testify at hearing - TV show critic David Zurawik on the show business, culture and craziness of television - baltimoresun.com

They obviously screwed-up here, "Alison Arngrim and Nellie Oleson,". Alsion Arngrim played Nellie as I'm sure most people know.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4067793;
    They obviously screwed-up here, "Alison Arngrim and Nellie Oleson,". Alsion Arngrim played Nellie as I'm sure most people know.
    I read her biography recently, it is excellent and I highly recommend it.

Back to K+8..... I saw a couple of minutes of the boat trip and I agree, she should have at least brought a couple of jackets etc for the kids. I would have brought one for myself!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

The last few shows have shown Kate in such a bad light that I wonder if TLC is deliberately doing it to make the ratings drop so they can cancel the show. She yells and screams at the kids which she has always done, but lately it's been ramped up.

I read several months ago that "Twist of Kate" has been dropped.

At least all the kids are in school full-time now. That should be a 'safe place' for them without that horrible mother.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4068242;
    I read her biography recently, it is excellent and I highly recommend it.

Back to K+8..... I saw a couple of minutes of the boat trip and I agree, she should have at least brought a couple of jackets etc for the kids. I would have brought one for myself!
    Right, everything she would have needed for them would fit in a shopping bag. I guess "Alexis threw up and had to wear a cameraman's t-shirt" is a better story than, "Alexis threw up so I cleaned her up and put her in the spare clothes I bought along."
    Organized Kate is very 2008.

Any time I've seen Arngrim on tv she's been very interesting and eloquent.
    I'll check out her biography.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4068298;
    The last few shows have shown Kate in such a bad light that I wonder if TLC is deliberately doing it to make the ratings drop so they can cancel the show. She yells and screams at the kids which she has always done, but lately it's been ramped up.

I read several months ago that "Twist of Kate" has been dropped.

At least all the kids are in school full-time now. That should be a 'safe place' for them without that horrible mother.
    I was wondering the same thing, i.e. dump on Jon as an excuse to cancel K+8.

I hope both shows are kaput (sp?).

+ Reply to Thread