+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 96 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

How many think Sarah Palin was using a bucket for a toilet...I seriously doubt she was.
    There's no place like home!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4033436;
    Scenarios like that are why I choose to NOT go camping. But if it was part of my job, and I were being paid WELL to "rough it," I'd shut up and pee.

Just sayin'.

In terms of acceptable working conditions, I'd totally refuse to use a bucket. Too unsanitary and messy. And I totally doubt Sarah uses a bucket. She looks like a squat and wipe girl to me
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Hmmm....no posts here in awhile. the ratings for the last show were down again. and following that show was a new show on TLC called "Quints by Surprise". no surprise though, is it?

i am hoping kate is finished but i doubt it just yet. i would like to see all of these shows about tons of kids born at the same time and their harried parents taken off the air. they are boring. it's the same old crap. the new show i didn't watch but caught a preview of showed kids meandering around screaming crying and so on....is that really entertaining to anybody? i don't really care if your kids are cute or not, most kids are in one way or another, i don't want to see them on television "living their lives" and then going on one TLC-sponsored trip after another while the parents sit on a sofa and talk about how hard it is to pack and make these trips.

i think all of these kids are being exploited and i think it should be against the law. they are not old enough to make a choice about being exposed on television and their parents aren't always going to make choices which are right for their kids as they may be influenced by the money.

i was wondering if FORT is going to cover the Quints By Surprise show or the new one coming up about the sextuplets from NY. I don't think it's on TLC but i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;4059125;
    Hmmm....no posts here in awhile. the ratings for the last show were down again. and following that show was a new show on TLC called "Quints by Surprise". no surprise though, is it?

i am hoping kate is finished but i doubt it just yet.
    Hi lilymax. I take it as a positive sign that no one is interested in posting here much anymore. I sincerely hope the death knell is sounding for this show. Those children need to be rescued.

Did anyone see the TLC webisode or previews on ET (I think) about the upcoming new episode? I didn't see these, but I read that the children are taken deep-sea fishing and four of them get very seasick and are shown throwing up in a bucket(s). They supposedly also were not wearing life-jackets. Can anyone verify if these things are true? If they are, I cannot even begin to form the words to express how irresponsible, cruel, dangerous and reprehensible this is. Those poor, poor babies. I really hope ratings fall even farther.

Have a great night, all.

FORT Fogey

i am hoping kate is finished but i doubt it just yet. i would like to see all of these shows about tons of kids born at the same time and their harried parents taken off the air. they are boring. it's the same old crap. the new show i didn't watch but caught a preview of showed kids meandering around screaming crying and so on....is that really entertaining to anybody? i don't really care if your kids are cute or not, most kids are in one way or another, i don't want to see them on television "living their lives" and then going on one TLC-sponsored trip after another while the parents sit on a sofa and talk about how hard it is to pack and make these trips.

i think all of these kids are being exploited and i think it should be against the law. they are not old enough to make a choice about being exposed on television and their parents aren't always going to make choices which are right for their kids as they may be influenced by the money.

i was wondering if FORT is going to cover the Quints By Surprise show or the new one coming up about the sextuplets from NY. I don't think it's on TLC but i could be wrong.
    I'm sort of o.k. with super young kids because they don't know much better and I'm sure the parents could really use the money. But, these kids are old enough to start getting a sense of things and it can't be good.

Plus, at the older ages, the kids may still be engaging but it isn't cute in the little kid sense - and therefore not as harmless. Maddy and Cara are on the verge of being pre-teens and while they were very cute when they were young, I really don't care to be a voyer into their pre-teen years. It's far too personal of a journey to be displayed on tv.

I've supported J&K's decision to do the show - and still do - because the money it earned them was desperately needed. I don't think the kids suffered any more by being on the show than they would have with a stressed out bitchy mother and constant concern over money.

When Kate wrote her personal letters to the kids, she crossed the line. Now, the show itself has crossed the line, and I think it's time to pull the plug.

I'm quite certain they have earned enought to buy the home out-right and to pay for college educations. This is far more than the average family (with even one kid) so they are just find in this regard.

I'd rather watch a litter of dogs or kittens...also cute and their parents didn't use fertility drugs to get them! Why do we celebrate those who have a multitude of babies born at the same time, which happened ONLY BECAUSE they used fertility drugs? Not much of a miracle or surprise there. How about people who have 6 babies without fertility drugs? Rewarding people and paying people because they used a drug that more than likely would produce that result...a multiple baby birth? And then the parents make money off of it....I don't get it.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Another big family hits reality TV - CharlotteObserver.com

TLC has found a new set of sextuplets to exploit (who are not yet 2 years old). Tuesdays @ 10 p.m. The Gosselin kids are over the hill.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4062215;
    Another big family hits reality TV - CharlotteObserver.com

TLC has found a new set of sextuplets to exploit (who are not yet 2 years old). Tuesdays @ 10 p.m. The Gosselin kids are over the hill.
    I think you are right... maybe thats why they like the Duggars? There is always a new baby around.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

I watched part of the show about the Latino multiples who live in a tiny house in New York City. The mother should be nominated for sainthood. I could not watch all of it - simply too exhausting!

The older boy - now 9 years old - seems like a very loving big brother. I hope he can remain that way forever because he is way outnumbered.

Plus, at the older ages, the kids may still be engaging but it isn't cute in the little kid sense - and therefore not as harmless. Maddy and Cara are on the verge of being pre-teens and while they were very cute when they were young, I really don't care to be a voyer into their pre-teen years. It's far too personal of a journey to be displayed on tv.
    I agree. As the mom of a very freshly minted teen and a pre-teen, I can only think of the horrors of putting your kids and their typical trials and tribulations on national tv. And then have Kate demean and diminish those tribulations.

When Kate wrote her personal letters to the kids, she crossed the line. Now, the show itself has crossed the line, and I think it's time to pull the plug.
    I agree. Is nothing too personal for her? Guess not.
    Help control the animal population - spay and neuter your pets!

+ Reply to Thread