+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 955
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

  1. #241
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,132

    Re: Kate Plus Eight!

    They have both jumped on the pseudo celebrity bandwagon which makes them two peas in a pod.

    Still, I find KG far more offensive that SP. At least SP workd (for a time) in a job which (in theory) is designed to serve the public good.

    KG has done nothing but serve herself.

    I continue to boycott anything KG and most things TLC related.

  2. #242
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Kate Plus Eight!

    I wouldn't be surprised if this somehow turns into a 2 part crossover episode to Kate's new show. I don't believe the rumors that TLC considered cancelling the show because of sagging ratings from her Plus 8 show. They've got too much invested and wrapped up in Kate. Anyway, the whole Sarah Palin camping trip oozes of desperation. It'd be nice if Sarah gave her a smackdown in parenting. It makes me wonder if the Gosselin kids will still be appealing to the public when they get older. Everyone talks about how cute they are now but they're still young and at that stage.
    Last edited by karalott; 07-26-2010 at 04:24 PM.

  3. #243
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: Kate Plus Eight!

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4005801;
    I wouldn't be surprised if this somehow turns into a 2 part crossover episode to Kate's new show. I don't believe the rumors that TLC considered cancelling the show because of sagging ratings from her Plus 8 show. They've got too much invested and wrapped up in Kate. Anyway, the whole Sarah Palin camping trip oozes of desperation. It'd be nice if Sarah gave her a smackdown in parenting. It makes me wonder if the Gosselin kids will still be appealing to the public when they get older. Everyone talks about how cute they are now but they're still young and at that stage.
    There are scores of child actors, who did not grow up into terribly attractive adults.

    Those Dilley kids (who I think are about 18 now) should get down on their knees and thank God their parents went the right route. A couple of specials on ABC when they were small and then LET THEM GROW UP IN PEACE! And finally be good parents and role models to them.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  4. #244
    A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    626

    Re: Kate Plus Eight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4005223;
    They have both jumped on the pseudo celebrity bandwagon which makes them two peas in a pod.

    Still, I find KG far more offensive that SP. At least SP workd (for a time) in a job which (in theory) is designed to serve the public good.

    KG has done nothing but serve herself.

    I continue to boycott anything KG and most things TLC related.
    Completely agree about the offensiveness of the two. However, I fear SP more because she wants to tell you how to live, and she has a boat load of followers. KG simply wants your money.

  5. #245
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C. area
    Posts
    674

    Re: Kate Plus Eight!

    The yet-to-be-aired Kate show started filming months ago. I think it was back in the spring I read that Kate was down in North Carolina working in a restaurant (I believe).

  6. #246
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: Kate Plus Eight!

    Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4007538;
    The yet-to-be-aired Kate show started filming months ago. I think it was back in the spring I read that Kate was down in North Carolina working in a restaurant (I believe).
    I think TLC has laid an egg with this one. People watched the show for the kids, not Kate. Would I watch her go on and on for an hour? NO! Might I check in to see how the kids are doing? Perhaps. (not that I watch it to begin with, but just saying)
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #247
    FORT Fanatic lilymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    677

    Re: Kate Plus Eight!

    I think TLC has totally just overdone it all. I don't even find the kids watchable anymore (if they ever really were). I never was attracted to shows about kids anyway, and those kids to me are no longer at a "cute" age. They are growing up and they aren't babies anymore.

    The shows are all the same and there isn't any story left to tell, if there ever was one which was really important enough to be a show. Which I don't really believe there was. Maybe one special or two, as somebody else said the Dilleys or somebody did. That would have been enough of the Gosselin clan, especially Kate but including the kids too.

    The family doesn't have any talent.
    Not that we have seen, anyway.

  8. #248
    bb addicted tapper01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,123

    Re: Kate Plus Eight!

    I for one am tired of seeing that NOTHING get all the freebies and then continue to gritch about it!

    I work my ass off, I teach 8th graders 175 a day. I get my salary and satisfaction when that light bulb goes off and you can see that the student got it!

  9. #249
    bb addicted tapper01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,123

    Re: Kate Plus Eight!

    did you all see the clip of Jon taking the kids home and they were absolutely terrified and did NOT want to go to the McMansion to their "mom" ? It was heartbreaking.

  10. #250
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,132

    Re: Kate Plus Eight!

    Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4023038;
    I for one am tired of seeing that NOTHING get all the freebies and then continue to gritch about it!

    I work my ass off, I teach 8th graders 175 a day. I get my salary and satisfaction when that light bulb goes off and you can see that the student got it!
    Teachers are by far and away the most inspiring professionals on the planet (good ones, that is).

    If I could do it again, I'd be a teacher.

    Seriously. KG is one helluva a glutton. So very ugly.

    Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4024620;
    did you all see the clip of Jon taking the kids home and they were absolutely terrified and did NOT want to go to the McMansion to their "mom" ? It was heartbreaking.
    No. Do you know where I can find the link?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.