+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Kate Plus 8 Ratings Plunge 33 Percent

PHILADELPHIA - The ratings are in for the second installment of “Kate Plus 8” and it is more bad news for Kate Gosselin and her brood.

The ratings for last Sunday’s show were down 33 percent from the series debut in June, with 2.2 million people watching Kate Gosselin battle chickens and berate a soft water softener repairman.

The ratings plunge happened despite another big round of publciity for Kate Gosselin last week.

The first episode of “Kate Plus 8” drew 3.4 million in June 2010.

The numbers will be a big disappointment to TLC, which is banking on Kate Gosselin for two TV series.

In comparison, the last episodes of “Jon & Kate Plus 8” drew 2.1 million viewers in November 2009, after much of America tuned out Jon and Kate Gosselin during their nasty divorce proceedings.

Last May, “Jon & Kate” drew 4.6 million viewers for its May finale and then soared to about 10 million viewers when the couple announced their divorce on the show. But the showed quickly slipped in the ratings last August.

Last Sunday, “Kate Plus 8” failed to beat 13 other cable prime time shows, but it did manage to beat reality shows from Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco.

In addition to ratings woes, it is up in the air if the Gosselin sextuplets can continue to appear on “Kate Plus 8."

Local state rep. Tom Murt has formally complained to Pennsylvania attorney general Tom Corbett and child-labor officials that the Gosselin kids lack to proper work permits to appear on TV in Pennsylvania, and can’t do so until they turn seven next year.

Figure 8 Production and the Gosselin family are responsible to make sure all proper filming permits are obtained to film the children in Pennsylvania.

In April 2010, state labor officials admitted the Gosselins didn’t have work permits for their kids when “Jon And Kate Plus 8” but they would not pursue the case if the family and Figure 8 obtained proper permits in the future.

Figure 8 then applied for permits approved by the state, but the permits were for the children to appear on stage in a theatrical play.
    She beat out TO and Ocho, which I guess isnt' a shock given who they are/what their shows are about. To me TO and Kate are nearly the same in the attitude and ego department. Maybe this is a sign that it's coming to an end and she'll have to become a soccer mom.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3992198;

She beat out TO and Ocho, which I guess isnt' a shock given who they are/what their shows are about. To me TO and Kate are nearly the same in the attitude and ego department. Maybe this is a sign that it's coming to an end and she'll have to become a soccer mom.
    Thank goodness. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end and that Kate and TLC go down in flames.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion PIMguy's Avatar

[QUOTE=karalott;3992198She beat out TO and Ocho, which I guess isnt' a shock given who they are/what their shows are about. To me TO and Kate are nearly the same in the attitude and ego department. [/QUOTE]

But despite his personality and ego, TO is/was a very talented football player. He offered people something of value to watch. Kate brings absolutely nothing that is worth watching. To be honest, I didn't even know TO and Ochocinco had reality programs. Guess it makes sense Kate would beat them.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

How awesome that would be if the ratings continue to slip and she and Jon have to support their children like the rest of us do. And for those who say you can't support a family her size any other way, wrong. You may not be able to afford the perks to which they've grown accustomed, however, I know personally of other large families who make it just fine in the real world.
    What I find amazing is that 2 million people could find it worth watching. Her bitchiness has ceased to be entertaining - if it ever was.

I did not watch the tripe on TLC last Sunday but I did youtube it later on. I couldn't handle much of it though. Kate was at her horrible worst. She is just so detached from her own children and there is just something wrong with her. All that screeching and yelling. She is not well.

I am really disappointed because I had hoped that the state of PA would shut them down for now. I read what the law supposedly states and it seemed clear to me that it was aimed at kids 7 and over for the permits. It also seemed to be saying that the permits could only be for plays or theatrical productions. Shame on the state of PA, this is not a proud moment. It almost seems like somebody is being bribed to let TLC continue this boring farce.

I really don't see what anybody likes about this show. The kids are just pathetic...they LOOK UNHAPPY. The show is not entertaining in the least. Some screeching shrew gets a chicken coop and that is a show? No. Not in my book. Kate has always been hard for me to watch but now she is just unbearable.

I hope that Rep. Murt succeeds in getting the laws changed; then at least the Gosselin kids will have an on set teacher to watch over them. Right now there is nobody to make sure their needs come first. Their mom only cares about them working to support her and their father is a big disappointment since he caved in about them being filmed.

I just continue to feel really sad for these kids.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3995576;
    I did not watch the tripe on TLC last Sunday but I did youtube it later on. I couldn't handle much of it though. Kate was at her horrible worst. She is just so detached from her own children and there is just something wrong with her. All that screeching and yelling. She is not well.

I am really disappointed because I had hoped that the state of PA would shut them down for now. I read what the law supposedly states and it seemed clear to me that it was aimed at kids 7 and over for the permits. It also seemed to be saying that the permits could only be for plays or theatrical productions. Shame on the state of PA, this is not a proud moment. It almost seems like somebody is being bribed to let TLC continue this boring farce.

I really don't see what anybody likes about this show. The kids are just pathetic...they LOOK UNHAPPY. The show is not entertaining in the least. Some screeching shrew gets a chicken coop and that is a show? No. Not in my book. Kate has always been hard for me to watch but now she is just unbearable.

I hope that Rep. Murt succeeds in getting the laws changed; then at least the Gosselin kids will have an on set teacher to watch over them. Right now there is nobody to make sure their needs come first. Their mom only cares about them working to support her and their father is a big disappointment since he caved in about them being filmed.

I just continue to feel really sad for these kids.
    Amen. I saw a few minutes of that epi as I was flipping channels. One of the kids kept following her around trying to ask a question and she wouldn't respond. When she finally heard his question, it was simple to answer. I know kids question's can get on your nerves, but if she had simply listened from the beginning, she could have saved herself (and the viewers) a lot of aggravation. Not to mention showing her children that their concerns are important to her. Listening is in the "mom" job description. Those few moments are typical of why I can't stand her. (In addition to her screaching and her insistance that everything is all about "her" and she is such a martyr for her kids.)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3995494;
    How awesome that would be if the ratings continue to slip and she and Jon have to support their children like the rest of us do. And for those who say you can't support a family her size any other way, wrong. You may not be able to afford the perks to which they've grown accustomed, however, I know personally of other large families who make it just fine in the real world.
    What I find amazing is that 2 million people could find it worth watching. Her bitchiness has ceased to be entertaining - if it ever was.
    That's what I've been saying. There are millions of families in this country that are as big as Kate's, and they get along just fine and are able to work and support themselves. What if the reality thing never happened? She and Jon would have had to keep their day jobs and supported the kids that way. Considering it caused them to split and alienated their families and friends, the reality show is probably the worst thing that could have happened to this bunch. These aren't stars, they're just reality show personalities and eventually the ax will fall on the series. I guess Kate will always have Celebrity Apprentice (which she better do first since Donald doesn't seem to like it if you ditch him for another celeb-reality show once he's made you an offer).

Sooooo true. When you really think about it, the show has been a sort of curse. Perhaps her marriage would've survived, she still have a relationship with her brother and sister-in-law, and she would, most certainly, not be known as one of the most disliked women in America had they not embarked on the reality tv venture. What they have gained are "things" and lavish vacations that are not necessary for a happy life. Most people would rather have a loving family and friends and the respect of their community than luxuries. And this is not even figuring in the cost to the children when they look back on episodes where their potty training, constipation and character flaws have been on view for the public - not to mention their parents' public divorce and the impact it caused.

$$$$$$ in therapy.

I was reading an article in this weeks US magazine about how she goes to a tanning salon 3 times a week, and if she isn't there she is laying out by her pool, hair done once a month, nails once a week, exercise daily..... my kids is a teenager, and I don't have the time or money to do all that!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

She has already made enough money to support her family until they are grown and beyond. She's a multi-millionaire. I really don't blame her for wanting to make more, though.

I also don't care how she spends her time. Having grown up in a family of 11 kids, I can tell you first hand: your parents don't really pay that much attention to you individually unless you misbehave or make the honor roll - oh, and on your birthday You are much closer to your siblings growing up than you are with your parents.

I imagine my parents would have put us all on a reality TV show if they could have. It's very expensive raising 11 kids! And they didn't have 6 in diapers at the same time. Or 6 seeing the orthodontist, or 6 to send off to college at once. And being the 2nd oldest, I pretty much felt like unpaid labor from age 12 on (oh, poor me!)

They did a great job, and gave us a great home and home life. We are all adults now and well educated. We're closeknit. No one's in jail or in rehab

I see no reason to bash Kate for living luxuriously, or to demonize her. She doesnt' seem like someone I'd be friends with, but she's certainly not someone I think ill of or wish failure upon. I just don't get all the ill will towards her.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread