+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 96 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

She seems to be becoming what Jon did-the worlds oldest wannabe teenager. I agree she doesn't need to dress like a meek little housewife and not have fun. But her hair extensions that cost over $20,000 were god awful, and so is her surgery. It seems like she wants to be a mom for the cameras and then when opportunity knocks or the cameras shut down she runs. I'd have to go find the link, but I read her "bodyguard" encouraged her to get implants.

And that's been my biggest issue, is Kate and TLC trying to avoid any speculation or facts that dashes the image they want as Kate being the martyr for the poor, struggling single moms everywhere. I can't even compare her to any working mom out there, even one who has to travel.

FORT Regular

Just saw her interview with Billy Bush. All I can say is, wow! Such a rehearsed performance about how she doesn't have any money. She really believes she is scraping by. I don't know how it is possible for her to believe her own lies when she is living in a mega-mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3950615;
    She seems to be becoming what Jon did-the worlds oldest wannabe teenager. I agree she doesn't need to dress like a meek little housewife and not have fun. But her hair extensions that cost over $20,000 were god awful, and so is her surgery. It seems like she wants to be a mom for the cameras and then when opportunity knocks or the cameras shut down she runs. I'd have to go find the link, but I read her "bodyguard" encouraged her to get implants.

And that's been my biggest issue, is Kate and TLC trying to avoid any speculation or facts that dashes the image they want as Kate being the martyr for the poor, struggling single moms everywhere. I can't even compare her to any working mom out there, even one who has to travel.
    I didn't read that the bodyguard encouraged her, not saying that isn't true of course, but I did read that she consuled him about the operation and apparently he made recommendations about the type she should get.
    Or something ridiculous like that.
    It was probably just a matter of showing him some pictures and him asking "Shall I get these or these?" I would hope it wasn't any more indepth than that.
    I don't think she has many friends and might have just wanted a male or even just a friend's perspective.
    Even if the affairs rumours aren't true they're probably pretty close and she no doubt trusts him if she's willing to entrust her safety to him (not that I think she's in a whole lot of danger, but whatever...)
    That may not be true either, just passing on what I read.

Kate did want some work on her chest for a while. She even asked Dr Glassman about a boob job when he was examining her prior to her tummy tuck.
    She might have been joking, but she looked a little peeved when he didn't come through with an offer to do that surgery too.

Quote Originally Posted by newshound
    Just saw her interview with Billy Bush. All I can say is, wow! Such a rehearsed performance about how she doesn't have any money. She really believes she is scraping by. I don't know how it is possible for her to believe her own lies when she is living in a mega-mansion.
    I wish I could remember where I read it, but I did once read that Jon and Kate's fortune was estimated at $10m.
    That seemed ridiculous to me, but the show was very lucrative and I'm sure they must have got residuals for all the many times the episodes were repeated in additon to the initial fee for making each episode.
    The church speaking was very lucrative too.

I can see that she probably doesn't have money rolling in like it was when they were making the show and doing the speaking. Her last book wasn't hugely successful either, but I just can't see where she's strapped for cash.
    "Not as rich" doesn't equal "poor".
    Last edited by fluff; 06-28-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I bet she doesn't have to go to a wedding dress shop and sweat while a daughter picks out a dress hoping without saying anything that she doesn't pick one over 500 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3956170;
    I bet she doesn't have to go to a wedding dress shop and sweat while a daughter picks out a dress hoping without saying anything that she doesn't pick one over 500 bucks?
    nahhh....i bet kate won't pay for her girls wedding gowns if they marry. she will say they can buy their own like she said about the kids getting cars someday. or they can share one. right kate. cheap witch, i bet she doesn't spend much on those kids.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3956881;
    nahhh....i bet kate won't pay for her girls wedding gowns if they marry. she will say they can buy their own like she said about the kids getting cars someday. or they can share one. right kate. cheap witch, i bet she doesn't spend much on those kids.
    Why should she spend anything on them? She can just wait for freebies to come their way.
    I was watching an interview with her where she said this career has allowed her children to have things they would ordinarily be unable to have on her nurse's income. It made me think about my five children who grew up without American Dolls and Crooked Houses and fancy vacations and turned out just fine. In fact, they'll be the first to tell you that having a bit of deprivation at times and working (when they were older) for what they wanted was character building and made them appreciate what they did have. They've known plenty of spoiled peers (not saying that the Gosselin kids are spoiled, since I no longer watch, I wouldn't know) and they feel sorry for them.
    Food, shelter, medical care and love are all essentials for life. Most of the extras that she feels they need (ie. private schools) are not essential and most children would rather have loving family around as a routine than the "things" of the world.

KATE PLUS EIGHT, episodes 3 & 4 will air on TLC on Sunday July 11th @9pm and 9:30pm!
    KAREN

Bit of a side note: Jon got this huge dragon tattoo that covers his entire back. Not that good looking. He also has a new life coach.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

Saw on several sites, Kate wants to release a holiday CD, she and the kids. I thought the holiday was Halloween, but it's Christmas. We know she can't dance (shopping cart Kate), but can she sing?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fanatic

No, Kate can't sing at all. She has tried on a few shows with her kids, but she is lousy. However, that doesn't really matter these days.

+ Reply to Thread