+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3941893;
    I disagree (again) with some of these thoughts. It was recently disclosed (I forget where or by whom) that the Gosselins earn x amount from TLC, with the split about 3:1 Kate:kids, so equitable or not, they're all working and they're all earning, and there's apparently a provision for the kids' money to be set aside for them. We don't know how much of what Kate earns goes toward her own needs but the way I see it, the kids are also benefitting from the money. They now live in a huge house on a huge property and that's a whole different ball of wax from the cape they used to live in. And their "work" allows them to go to Orlando, Hawaii, San Diego, Utah, North Carolina, dude ranches, etc. And it's all filmed, yup. That's the deal. It's not exactly a Faustian bargain

As for what Kate's kids would prefer about how she spends her time . . . I don't know of any small or tween child that prefers their mom to be working rather than doting on them at home. There are plenty of parents whose work schedules conflict with the children's schedules and plenty of parents who have to travel overnight or for stretches of time. Plenty of parents ramp up their workload - accepting promotions or traveling more or relocating - to earn more to have a more enhanced lifestyle so I don't think it's fair to single out Kate Gosselin for doing what many, many parents do in order to afford manicures and better cars.

I think it's important to take a step back and think about the parallels between the reality TV family's life and the workaday family's life. Sure, there are plenty of differences, but there are also parallels, even if in differing degrees.
    First the children only get to keep 15% of their income, divided 8 ways, so less than 2%, out of which the parents take their educational, medical and other approved expenses. Will there be anything left for the children when they're grown? Who knows.

I agree that Kate is not the only parent who chooses possesions, power, fame, big homes, fancy cars etc. over spending time with their children. It is yet another way that Kate is letting her children down though and putting her needs and desires ahead of theirs, while crying all the time how she's doing all these things for her children. No she's not. They would rather have a smaller home with a less tan and botoxed mother who actually spends a lot of time with them, so stop saying it's "for the kids."

There are a lot of mothers out there who would love the opportunity to stay home and "figure out" how to support their children on the mere $21,000 a month that she gets in child support alone.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 06-24-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3948404;
    It is yet another way that Kate is letting her children down though and putting her needs and desires ahead of theirs, while crying all the time how she's doing all these things for her children. No she's not.
    I think it's more a case of the children are doing it for her. Perhaps when they're older they'll co-author a book entitled "We Did It All For YOU"
    CYA

Ok, I saw this article on MSNBC and I had to post it.

Doctors Say Kate Gosselin got botched Botox

Kate Gosselin had oddly spiked eyebrows and a noticeably smoother face as she ran errands in Pennsylvania on Monday.

The reason? After comparing before and after photos, plastic surgeons tell UsMagazine.com the reality mom, 35, had botox treatments gone wrong.

"She looked much better in the earlier photo: great hair, nice smile and a normal brow position," says Dr. Michael Olding, the chief of The George Washington University's division of plastic surgery.

In the "after" photo, she "has the typical appearance of Dysport or Botox poorly placed in the space between the brows where frown lines occur," adds Olding. But because Gosselin didn't have any injectables put in her forehead, "the lateral part of her brow is elevated in an abnormally high position, which my patients refer to as McDonald's arches!"
    Number 1: Glad to see she is spending her money in intelligent ways...
    Number 2: McDonald's arches?

Oh please someone post pictures, before and after ....
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

If you click on the link, it will take you to pictures.

I'm wondering if Kate has her eye on Spencer Pratt, now that he and Heidi are splitting up. She's had almost as much plastic surgery as Heidi - just not all on the same day. Maybe next time.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Oops!! Thanks
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Bwaha I hope her face freezes. Serves her right for spending her children's money on botox

I had to go up to the store earlier...and one of the magazines had on it...One year after splitting with Jon poor single mother Kate is dating...or something to that effect....I almost gagged when I saw the poor pitiful crapola..get off the cross honey...someone needs the wood...and as we saw earlier today how poor she is with her messed up botox...give me a break
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

She looks awful now. If she were going to try to stay in the limelight using the "supermom" lies that put her there to begin with how about staying the same and looking like a mom? She has never been really pretty or anything in my opinion but in the earlier days of the show at least she had a "decent" look about her and sort of looked like an average mom.

It just doesn't work for this woman to try to look sexy or like a starlet. She hasn't got the looks for it and it will never work.

People will continue to make fun of her looks if she keeps on doing such outlandish things to try to look like something she isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3950393;
    She looks awful now. If she were going to try to stay in the limelight using the "supermom" lies that put her there to begin with how about staying the same and looking like a mom? She has never been really pretty or anything in my opinion but in the earlier days of the show at least she had a "decent" look about her and sort of looked like an average mom.

It just doesn't work for this woman to try to look sexy or like a starlet. She hasn't got the looks for it and it will never work.

People will continue to make fun of her looks if she keeps on doing such outlandish things to try to look like something she isn't.
    I have noticed her getting a bit "bimbo-ish" in her look. I'm not saying women her age should dress like elderly women, but her look lately makes her look ridiculous.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread