+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3939071;
    Oh the irony. In your first paragraph you do exactly to Jon what you say others are doing to Kate. As far as I know Jon has never said that he is still perfectly fine with the kids being filmed as long as he is getting paid. Does your first paragraph not also belong in the "pure speculation and fueled by gossip and rumour" category as well?

I look at it this way, neither Kate nor Jon are terrific parents. Both have put their wants and needs before their children. I, along with many others on here, are more concerned about all 8 of those kids than we are about who is the better parent or which parent is making more of an arse out of themselves. Those kids, like all children, deserve so much more. They deserve loving parents who put them first and think about their well-being over any amount of money that can be made by using them instead. So I guess I'm in the for the kids and screw the parents camp.
    I could care less what Jon & Kate do what their lives, and whether they screw them up. But they have 8 kids they willingly brought into this world, even if Jon wanted to stop at twins, and that needs to be their first priority. Hearing about the pay the kids are getting, and the financial gain Kate has, not just for the show but her other endeavors (which I'm sure the kids won't see a penny of) makes me sick and just dissolves the illusion that she's hard up and needs the show to support her family. Kate could likely be set for life if she budgeted her money right, even if it meant giving up luxuries like tanning beds and manicures, but she surely wouldn't have to work, so she could stay right home with her children. That's her choice not to. She doesn't have to be flying all over and leaving the kids to do hosting appearances, book tours, and her own reality show. She's not a "star", she just can't live without the fame, freebies, and fortune. I'm surprised Donald Trump hasn't come calling for the Celebrity Apprentice.

Hi karalott - I could definitely see Trump trying to get her for the Celebrity Apprentice. She would never do it, of course, because she would be required to donate any winnings to a charity other than her favorite one, which is herself. And she sure as heck isn't about to do that, especially when she is in such dire straits because she has 8 (is it 8?) kids to support all by her lonesome.

This could go on endlessly....no one actually "knows" anything as we're not there and everything we hear is secondhand or third, fourth, etc., not to mentioned fueled by the media. We don't "know" if the kids are messed up, only time will tell. We don't "know" if Kate and/or Jon are good parents - we only know what we hear. And no one has to leave their kids to do shows, book tours, whatever.....but lots do and lots have kids who have nannies and so forth. My question has always been why is Kate judged so harshly and the same standards aren't applied to everyone else in a similar situation?

I can only speak for myself, but I think I judge all realty star moms the same. I have observed Sharon Osbourne, Amy Roloff, Michelle Duggar, Kris Kardashian, Tori Spelling, etc. Some are impressive and others not so much. I think that Kate stands out so much IMO because she whines so much and seems to be the only person I know of who seems to love it when people feel sorry for her. Also, she seems to brag way too much about what a martyr she is and how she's such a great mom. She pretends to be self-sacrificing for her kids, to have no time for herself because of her kids, to get little sleep because of her kids, can't go anywhere without cameras because she's such a star. It's a real turn off. The lack of maturity is obvious.

Also, you have to question a parent's judgment with their children when it is obvious that something is very wrong with the kids, but they insist on continueing to film. Then you have the spoiled and impatient attitude, false statements that are apparent from what we see on the show. And lastly, my all time pet peeve, is cutting the extended family from the kid's lives because you have issues with them. Robbing your kids of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, is just wrong no matter what kind of issues you may have with them.

Perhaps with parenting classes and some growing up herself, Kate could turn herself around, but I think much of her demeanor is just the way she is and I don't think that is likely to change.

Oh, IMO from the mothers I have seen on those type of shows, Kris Kardashian would be my least favorite. I won't go into it here, but if you have watched the show you understand why.

yea, the continuing to pick out freebie beds when her child SHOULD have gone to the hospital will forever be etched in my mind

IMO putting your kids on tv, no matter who you are, is not a great idea.
    And I personally think that anyone who does so is motivated by fame or money.....I just think all of those parents should be looked at in the same light.

Quote Originally Posted by Denna40;3939849;
    IMO putting your kids on tv, no matter who you are, is not a great idea.
    And I personally think that anyone who does so is motivated by fame or money.....I just think all of those parents should be looked at in the same light.
    I agree with you about putting your kids on tv; I also think it's a really bad idea.

While I understand the point you are trying to make about all parents who do this being looked at in the same light; unfortunately there is just something about Kate that makes people dislike her strongly. She just comes across as a nasty person and she also appears to treat those kids badly in my opinion.

Let's apply the same standard.

Which other reality show children have been subjected to a work schedule of more than 40 episode 'seasons' - with more than one season per calendar year as the Gosselin children have? Only the Gosselin children as far as I'm aware -- masterminded by Kate Gosselin.

Which other reality show children have been investigated by the labor department of their state due to such a ridiculous work schedule for small children? Only the Gosselin children as far as I'm aware.

Which other reality show children have a mother that added insult to injury by going around claiming poverty and collecting 'love offerings' from gullible people of faith after already being made a millionaire due to said child exploitation? Only Kate Gosselin's scheming, greedy self as far as I'm aware.

Which other reality show parent has published books revealing even more personal details of their children's private lives -- things which should never be made public such as a child's reaction to a parent's divorce -- but Kate Gosselin jumped all over it in order to make even more money off the backs of her innocent children.

ETA: And when I see concrete evidence that other reality show children have been exploited by their parents to the same extent that that child exploiting money grubbing shrew Kate Gosselin has exploited her's, that's when I will judge them as harshly -- based precisely upon applying the same standard.
    Last edited by chrisg; 06-18-2010 at 11:27 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

The child labor thing was an investigation which according to the state that did so is not an implication of guilt, they have to investigate every complaint similar to child welfare. The producers were told to make sure they have the proper permits and that was the end of that. There were no charges of child exploitation.

I have no idea what the filming schedule is for any of the reality tv shows. It seems to me that they appear in short arcs so maybe TLC does run more than the average number of seasons in a year. It would be interesting to find out.

Amazing what you can find out on google.........6 seasons of the show, 116 episodes equals 19.3 episodes per season. Just for fun, I also looked up The Duggar Family - 4 seasons, 77 episodes equals 19.25 episodes per season.

+ Reply to Thread