+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Rumors flying Kate might be the new Bachelorette!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

That woudl be the most stupid thing any network could do. She is NOT bachelorette material. She is a used up has been that is trying to stretch her fame on the backs of her children that she orchestrated without thought for the children.

Even my husband who does not watch most reality shows past the first night said that NO one would want that B@#$ and that he would have left her LONG before Jon did. HE also went on to say that once any man found out about 8 kids, they would maybe try for one date and after seeing the interaction between she and the kids would RUN for the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3937648;

I posted that on a different thread yesterday. (Celebrity Gossip). I posted a link that says Ryan Seacrest actually officially asked those in power if they would do it. They said they would consider and then offered the new Bachelor position to Ryan!!!! Of couse he declined.

I wonder what kind of guys they would get to go on a show where the bride has 8 kids. That would be very interesting IMO. Can you just see them running around trying to please Kate and get her to give them a rose?

I can see her whipping them into shape pretty fast. No talking out of turn or interrupting her while she's on a one on one. LOL. Just kidding. It would be funny IMO.

I just can't see Kate on Bachelorette. She's too old and she is not sexy or beautiful or even pretty; not in my opinion anyway. They would need to get older men in there and also she hasn't got any personality to speak of. A bad one that's about it.

FORT Fanatic

Haven't really watched The Ette this season, so I know if Khate was on would never watch, she almost lost me on DWTS, but I needed the laughs, and knew she would be gone soon. Can you imagine her for 8 weeks!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3938034;
    Haven't really watched The Ette this season, so I know if Khate was on would never watch, she almost lost me on DWTS, but I needed the laughs, and knew she would be gone soon. Can you imagine her for 8 weeks!
    Well, you would have to take it in small doses. It might create a craze of drinking games. Everytime Kate insults her date, you take a drink. Everytime Kate whines about money, take a drink. Every time she disses her ex, take a drink. Everytime she brags on what she would do for her kids, etc. LOL

The problem I see is getting enough guys to volunteer. Of course realty star addicts will do anything. I think.

I read yesterday that some network was going to do some kind of dating show with her..it was in the works...but even I don't think the FLEISSMONSTER is that stupid....he wants ratings and money and he ain't gonna get it with her...I would blow up my tv first before I watched her
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3938019;
    I posted that on a different thread yesterday. (Celebrity Gossip). I posted a link that says Ryan Seacrest actually officially asked those in power if they would do it. They said they would consider and then offered the new Bachelor position to Ryan!!!! Of couse he declined.

I wonder what kind of guys they would get to go on a show where the bride has 8 kids. That would be very interesting IMO. Can you just see them running around trying to please Kate and get her to give them a rose?

I can see her whipping them into shape pretty fast. No talking out of turn or interrupting her while she's on a one on one. LOL. Just kidding. It would be funny IMO.
    Well, they better make sure the men have no means of escape when they realize whose love their competing for. On a deserted island, with armed officers, attacks dogs, and sharks swimming around probably wouldn't prevent them from trying to flee. Anyone who does a Kate dating show would be in it for the fame-just like her. Sounds like something VH-1 would do. That might almost be worth tuning in for. I've heard the dating show rumors before, and while Kate has denied it, it's coming. Especially if her other show flops.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3937406;
    I have to respectfully disagree about there being "hysteria" and too much speculation about Kate on this board.

I think for the most part the posters here are very intelligent and well-spoken and there is nothing really hysterical sounding about these posts. We also tend to base some speculation on a person's past behaviors and it happens to be a fact that Kate has done some pretty despicable things as a parent. It's fact not speculation that she allowed these childrens' private moments to be filmed for entertainment purposes (for money). It's fact that she has gone on DWTS and other shows and made a total fool of herself for money. Why would anybody not speculate that she might continue to make what many of us consider poor parenting decisions when she has absolutely done so in the past?

I think that overall there are many good people on this board who are genuinely concerned about these kids' lives and how all of this will probably affect them. There are factual nightmares which have happened to many kids who were filmed from an early age or were/are in the entertainment industry. Speculation to some degree is probably just a normal thing that we adults engage in given prior behaviors and I don't think it harms anybody. Kate and Jon are the ones who have harmed their children. The people on this board seem to care for these kids and have true concerns about their parents using them to get a paycheck and be famous.

I don't see any hysteria going on here regarding Kate. I see disapproval and I see dislike of her but I find it understandable.
    Hi lilymax - Tremendous post! There is a huge difference between idle speculation and speculation based on someone's past behavior. Historical behavior is a completely valid indicator of future behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2
    Hi libgirl2 - I will put this rumor squarely in the category of TLC's typical "Let's see what outrageous rumor we can put out there to get people talking and drum up interest in the upcoming Kate Plus Eight episode."

TLC has gone to great lengths to portray Kate as the responsible (cough, cough) parent who has no time to be chasing/dating men because 1) she has such strong moral convictions (gag, gag), and 2) she is soooooo very busy being a mom to 8, count 'em, 8 kids that she couldn't possibly find time to date or do anything for herself (someone pass me a bucket, please). I don't buy for one second that they would allow her to participate in a show where the main character (yes, I mean character) ends up looking sleazy or easy. And that is always the eventual picture that comes into focus in the Bachelor/ette franchise.

So TLC will get lots of mileage out of the chatter this rumor is provoking. They certainly are master manipulators. Too bad they refuse to direct that energy towards producing quality TV shows instead of pandering to an audience that enjoys the exploitation of circus acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Denna40;3935231;
    The only reason Jon stopped the filming was because he wasn't getting anything out of it....how does that make him a better parent? He's fine with it if he's getting paid.

As for the filming and Kate being everywhere at once.....I would imagine most of the footage is not live so it's impossible to say how often she's home or not. And again, lots of parents travel for work away from their kids including most musicians, actors and a host of other professions. I agree with Rebotco, a lot of this is pure speculation and fueled by gossip and rumour. IMO.
    Oh the irony. In your first paragraph you do exactly to Jon what you say others are doing to Kate. As far as I know Jon has never said that he is still perfectly fine with the kids being filmed as long as he is getting paid. Does your first paragraph not also belong in the "pure speculation and fueled by gossip and rumour" category as well?

I look at it this way, neither Kate nor Jon are terrific parents. Both have put their wants and needs before their children. I, along with many others on here, are more concerned about all 8 of those kids than we are about who is the better parent or which parent is making more of an arse out of themselves. Those kids, like all children, deserve so much more. They deserve loving parents who put them first and think about their well-being over any amount of money that can be made by using them instead. So I guess I'm in the for the kids and screw the parents camp.

+ Reply to Thread