+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 96 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Jade, even though you had been filmed and I can appreciate that you have a certain perspective, I don't find justification for speculating about events that have yet to happen and that aren't really directly related to events that have already been filmed.

Earlier on this thread people were speculating on how Kate might handle the filming when the big girls begin menstruating. In general, people are getting carried away speculating on these boards and speculation just isn't relevant.

In a normal situation, that speculation MIGHT be hyperbole but not in this situation. I fully expect if she is still filming those poor children, she will use EVERY chance she gets to create a "watercooler" moment

I believe if Jon for some unknown reason would get custody of these children he would be right out there selling them just like Kate is now, just like they both did in the past. Neither parent remembers what a "real" job is like and to be honest could either really go out now and work in mainstream without constantly being hounded by the media and those that are still fans?
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3936259;
    I believe if Jon for some unknown reason would get custody of these children he would be right out there selling them just like Kate is now, just like they both did in the past. Neither parent remembers what a "real" job is like and to be honest could either really go out now and work in mainstream without constantly being hounded by the media and those that are still fans?
    I have to say, I agree.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

This article says that of the $700,000 Kate is making for the show, $200,000 goes directly to the children. That doesn't seem like a fair share of the pie to me but I hope it's being put into a trust that neither parent can touch.

Gosselin Kids Earn More Than Jon on 'Plus Eight' | PopEater.com

As Kate Gosselin and her eight children get used to their new world on 'Kate Plus Eight,' the new TLC show sans Jon following the couple's brutal public split, all eyes are on Kate and the kids. All eyes and a whole lot of money, it seems. While Jon is being paid by the network simply to not be involved in the show, the kids are bringing in a whopping amount, in addition to what Kate makes. How much does the Gosselin kid army make?

Kate Gosselin's new TV show, 'Kate Plus Eight,' is another huge hit for TLC, and for their participation, mother and children stand to earn over $700,000. Though Jon is no longer part of the show, he is still under contract with TLC, earning just over $70,000 to disappear.

"The reason you don't see Jon looking for a job or doing embarrassing interviews is that he is still on the TLC payroll," a TV insider tells me. "Jon is basically getting paid to keep his mouth shut and go away. Although it must sting him to know his kids are earning more money than he is."

How much more, you ask? My sources tell me that of the $700K that Kate and the tots bring home, $200,000 of that is pay given directly to the kids, while mama bear brings in $500,000 for the 'Kate Plus Eight' tapings. Add that to the $500K she took in for five weeks of work on 'Dancing With the Stars,' and 2010 is turning out to be quite lucrative for the octomom.

for going to all expenses paid places and cleaning out a garage?

How about those of us that really serve people. I teach 150 kids a day I don't even bring home that much in 13 years. Something is a little off

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3937058;
    for going to all expenses paid places and cleaning out a garage?

How about those of us that really serve people. I teach 150 kids a day I don't even bring home that much in 13 years. Something is a little off
    If it were the other way around, I would be okay with that, especially if the money is going into a trust. But boy, is she getting a nice pay off!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

$200,000 divided 8 ways is only $25,000 each. So actually Jon is making more than one of his kids. The true reason she waited so long to start taping...the divorce is final and she does not have to split the money with Jon!
    It is very true if the money is invested wisely, they will each have a very nice nest egg
    There's no place like home!

I have to respectfully disagree about there being "hysteria" and too much speculation about Kate on this board.

I think for the most part the posters here are very intelligent and well-spoken and there is nothing really hysterical sounding about these posts. We also tend to base some speculation on a person's past behaviors and it happens to be a fact that Kate has done some pretty despicable things as a parent. It's fact not speculation that she allowed these childrens' private moments to be filmed for entertainment purposes (for money). It's fact that she has gone on DWTS and other shows and made a total fool of herself for money. Why would anybody not speculate that she might continue to make what many of us consider poor parenting decisions when she has absolutely done so in the past?

I think that overall there are many good people on this board who are genuinely concerned about these kids' lives and how all of this will probably affect them. There are factual nightmares which have happened to many kids who were filmed from an early age or were/are in the entertainment industry. Speculation to some degree is probably just a normal thing that we adults engage in given prior behaviors and I don't think it harms anybody. Kate and Jon are the ones who have harmed their children. The people on this board seem to care for these kids and have true concerns about their parents using them to get a paycheck and be famous.

I don't see any hysteria going on here regarding Kate. I see disapproval and I see dislike of her but I find it understandable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3937406;
    I have to respectfully disagree about there being "hysteria" and too much speculation about Kate on this board.

I think for the most part the posters here are very intelligent and well-spoken and there is nothing really hysterical sounding about these posts.
    This is the ONLY board I visit regularly and it is ONLY because of the caliber of posters and the level-headedness of the moderators.

I suppose things get a bit heated from time to time (esp. where J&K are concerned), but overall, everyone seems to respect the idea that everyone has different opinions. And, the mods don't rule with completey iron fists, which I appreciate. They allow us to work things out.

Me? I'm definately on the pro-Jon/anti-Kate bandwagon.
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-17-2010 at 12:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread