+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3929299;
    It isn't. People just don't like Kate for various reasons. I think something that is fine for everyone else with kids is not okay for Kate because lots of people are looking for reasons to dislike her.
    Whatever the case, I think she is a fantastic mother. I would challenge anyone to do what she has done. I don't think they could do any better.
    I guess we have to just agree to disagree as well. I don't see Kate as any kind of a good mother because she has not done the bulk of the parenting. It has been established that she has always had help. The only thing I ever saw Kate do was packing for trips, and maybe she was good at that, lol. But as far as her kids are concerned, I believe that she has been a very "hands off" kind of a mom who in these later years couldnt wait to get away from those kids. She seems annoyed by them. She doesnt treat them well. I think there are lots of other moms out there who have as many kids as her who actually do the work of parenting, unlike Kate.

She's also lied to them about what holiday it was, claiming it was Christmas so the film crew could get good shots of the kids being excited and opening presents. I don't understand her lying to her kids that way. Perhaps worst of all for me, she has made them have jobs from the time they were babies...being on film constantly. I hate the way she does not protect her kids too. Their tantrums are used for drama for the show, she doesn't ever consider their privacy needs. Especially in the case of Mady. I think a "good parent" would have taken those kids off tv the first time she read something negative about one of her kids on the internet.

There are many other reasons I don't like this woman but first and foremost to me is that she is not a good mother.

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3929584;
    I don't think the show is exploiting the kids at all. Just like The Little Couple (love them!) isn't exploiting dwarfism. TLC reality shows are a cut above reality shows on say Bravo or MTV. TLC shows are more documentary and give us a peek into the lives of unusual people or people in unusual circumstances. Just because the kids are making money doesn't mean it's exploitive. (For it be exploitive the kids who have to be treated badly in some way, e.g. kids in a sweatshop.) Also, just because the kids are on TV doesn't automatically mean they are in for a life of doom and gloom. That's like saying kid actors are automatically going to become druggies and screw ups. The bad ones always get the attention. For every screwed up child actor, there are probably 10 that went on to have great, productive lives. What about kid actors like: Jodie Foster, Ron Howard, Sarah Jessica Parker (Square Pegs), Matthew Broderick, the kids from Malcolm in the Middle, cast of Facts of Life, most of the cast of Family Matters, most of the cast of Saved by the Bell, kids from Mr. Belvedere, most of the cast from Growning Pains, cast from Give Me a Break or 227 or Wonder Years or Head of the Class or the Cosby Show or Blossom or Punky Brewster, Matt Dillon, Nia Long, Cuba Gooding, Jon Cryer, Dakota Fanning, kids from Little House on the Prairie, or Shirley Temple (boy, I'm showing my age!) Former kid actors doing great doesn't make the news! I think most critics of Kate Plus 8 who say the show is "exploitive" don't really watch the show or just don't like Kate. Watching the show is a great stress reliever for many people, myself included. It's nice to come home and watch people just having fun.
    But those child actors who did well and turned out fine most had a safe haven.... home with their families ... that helped ground them in reality. These kids don't. Home life is cameras, tabloids and parents in the spotlight negatively. And lets not forget parents milking them for every penny they are worth.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

so apparently my DVR is still set up to record this train wreck so I sat down to zip through it and my hubby sat down with me. He said "I thought this show was done when she ran her husband off" I said well, they are keeping Jon silent and letting Kate continue" Hubby said "if she didn't have money from that show, NO MAN on earth would want to be near her"

I thought it was a pretty good assessment.

I am not sure if my post was deleted, or if it was lost during the change so I will post it again and if it is again deleted, I will understand.

I feel very sad for the older girls Cara and Mady. Nothing is sacred to Khate and I am so afraid that when those two girls hit puberty, Kate will make a HUGE deal and embarrass those girls like crazy. She will then also complain about the extra laundry those girls are causing her.

I hope by then they will no longer be on TV, but the girls are almost 10. This could happen anytime within the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3931619;
    I am not sure if my post was deleted, or if it was lost during the change so I will post it again and if it is again deleted, I will understand.

I feel very sad for the older girls Cara and Mady. Nothing is sacred to Khate and I am so afraid that when those two girls hit puberty, Kate will make a HUGE deal and embarrass those girls like crazy. She will then also complain about the extra laundry those girls are causing her.

I hope by then they will no longer be on TV, but the girls are almost 10. This could happen anytime within the next 3 years.
    That means a very touching episode on them getting their.....

I think several posts were deleted, some of mine are gone.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Tv Guide moved the site to one of their in-house servers.
    All the posts made between their initial failed attempt and the second successful attempt were lost. All posts in every forum across the site.
    So we didn't actively delete any, we just weren't able to save posts made during that time, unfortunately.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thanks fluff, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't crossed a line or something with my post about Cara and Mady

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3931947;
    That means a very touching episode on them getting their.....
    yes, it will be horrible for those girls and you KNOW Khate will exploit it to the fullest. And bring sympathy on HER for all the extra laundry it will cause her

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I guess the only way I'll be forced to endure clips of Kate is through The Soup. But that's a good thing and worth it The clip this week was on the sextuplets showing the camera man what he missed while he was gone-leading him to the basement, saying mommy got rid of her free dance floor (courtesy of ABC, and wasn't she saying she planned on continuing dance classes and would put that to use?) because she got eliminated. Joel of course added his own dialouge-that Kate also got rid of her terrible haircut, free time with her kids, and their daddy.

I cringe whenever I hear people say that children on reality shows are so used to the cameras that the filming doesn’t bother or harm them. I challenge anyone who thinks the cameras are not a total invasion of a child's privacy to take a moment and visualize what your day would be like if a camera crew followed you everywhere, and you had absolutely no power to make them stop filming you.

You get up in the morning and look like something the cat dragged in - oh look, there's that friendly camera crew capturing your loveliness. You have a stomach flu and are vomiting - oh, goody, a guy with a camera is right there to catch every precious moment of it. You are having a bowel emergency and - yippee, that fun-loving camera crew follows you into the bathroom to film you doing your business so millions of strangers can be entertained. You have had a terrible day and break down in tears, or you are being yelled at or ridiculed by a family member - hooray, there is a crew filming your emotional outburst so it can be broadcast to people who will judge you and criticize you. You do something embarrassing when you think the camera crew isn't watching - but, snap, those rascals catch you. You go to jump in the shower and - oh, hello Mr. or Ms. Camera Person who loves you and cares about you so much (as long as he/she is getting paid to), I'm so happy you are here to film me washing myself!

Now, add to this all the times you were just going about your “normal” day, doing and saying things “naturally,” and the camera crew said to you, "Um, we need you to go back and do that again, but this time, do it 'this' way,” or “You know, it would really sound a lot better if you said 'this' instead of 'that'.” This is the “reality” of producing a reality show.

Adults have an awareness that allows them to speak up and say no to these intrusions. But children do not have that option. They are developmentally incapable of making reasoned decisions to determine whether being on TV is in their best interest. They are at the mercy of others. Children rely on the people who are supposed to love and respect them to protect their privacy. Sadly, a lot of people are so blinded by material things that they willingly betray this innocent trust.

Definition of irony: A mother pulling aside her distraught daughter from the rest of the family so they can talk in "private," while a camera crew films the "private" conversation so it can be broadcast to millions.

+ Reply to Thread