+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: Kate Plus Eight!

Re: Kate Plus Eight!

Hi rebotco. I think we are destined to be locked in a dialogue of respectful disagreement on some issues!
    Indeed we are. I respect yours and all opinions on the board. I didn't mean to seem as if I'm "telling" others what to think - sorry if my language comes across that way. My thought processes always are that issues don't exist in a vacuum and so I like to look at one issue (in this case, the Gosselins) in the context of another, related issue (children of celebrities). My point is, there are similar though different problems in either case.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3928966;
    The plight of the Gosselin children is particularly sad because their mother has not displayed any type of maternal awareness about providing safe boundaries that would help protect them from emotional harm. It is clear that at least one of Kate’s daughters is suffering serious emotional distress right now, and yet Kate does not choose (or think) to protect that child by telling the crew to turn off the cameras.

It makes me very sad for these children that their mother is so emotionally detached from them, and so wrapped up in herself and her own desires/problems that she can’t perform the most fundamental and important duties of being a mom.
    To those that are incredulous to the outrage toward Kate, one only need watch as she uses her children to make a living, as she labels her children for entertainment value and as she shares their darkest moments to the highest bidder.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3929124;
    she shares their darkest moments to the highest bidder.
    The disconnect between Kate and just about everything else in the real world is amazing, but this is the saddest of them all.

I don't like that Kate seemed to be implying that the children were happy to see the camera crew because they love being filmed.
    I suspect they're just pleased to have some familiar adults back in their lives and their reaction to people without cameras and sound equipment would have been equally as enthusiastic.

I'm sure they'd all love to see Janet, Beth or even Kevin and Jodie, particularly as that means they'd likely regain access to their cousins.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3929124;
    To those that are incredulous to the outrage toward Kate, one only need watch as she uses her children to make a living, as she labels her children for entertainment value and as she shares their darkest moments to the highest bidder.
    The thing is, there's outrage toward Kate because she allows her kids to be filmed, but when she couldn't have her kids filmed, she tried alternative ways of earning money and got reamed for that as well. No, she's not a talented writer, TV host, panelist or dancer, but she's willing to put herself out there (unlike her lazy former husband) and, for better or worse, she's been able to support her family. Yes, her springboard for all that was the show in which her kids were filmed and yes, a lot of what was filmed is inappropriate, but this is a woman who has had an opportunity few of us have had to make choices based on circumstances that few people can relate to (regardless of what people speculate are her reasons, she had multiple multiples and she's not the first or last person to give birth to hypermultiples although she's one of the only ones a TV network made a show about). Going back to my comparison to celebrities - actors, athletes, public speakers etc. all spend considerable time away from their families, too, and it's too bad but not everyone has an Ozzie & Harriet life. Really, no matter what she does, Kate can't win in the court of public opinion, can she?

I agree with rebotco......can you imagine how much daycare would cost for eight kids while she worked a regular job? Yikes!

And I still don't get why Kate allowing her children to be filmed is any different from any other family allowing the same.

I don't know that anyone wants to deny Kate a living and if she is to remain on tv in some capacity I think most people seem to prefer the idea that she appear without the children.
    The issue I saw repeated very often regarding Kate is the "poor pitiful me" whining about single motherhood and the implication that she and the children would be destitute if she didn't continue in showbiz in some capacity.
    Their joint net worth has been estimated at $10m. Kate was apparently getting $100,000 a month fom TLC and $21,000 a month child support from Jon. She is so far beyond the breadline she can no longer even see it.
    Cut the crap, Kate.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Denna40;3929267;
    I agree with rebotco......can you imagine how much daycare would cost for eight kids while she worked a regular job? Yikes!

And I still don't get why Kate allowing her children to be filmed is any different from any other family allowing the same.
    It isn't. People just don't like Kate for various reasons. I think something that is fine for everyone else with kids is not okay for Kate because lots of people are looking for reasons to dislike her.
    Whatever the case, I think she is a fantastic mother. I would challenge anyone to do what she has done. I don't think they could do any better.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3929270;
    I don't know that anyone wants to deny Kate a living and if she is to remain on tv in some capacity I think most people seem to prefer the idea that she appear without the children.
    The issue I saw repeated very often regarding Kate is the "poor pitiful me" whining about single motherhood and the implication that she and the children would be destitute if she didn't continue in showbiz in some capacity.
    Their joint net worth has been estimated at $10m. Kate was apparently getting $100,000 a month fom TLC and $21,000 a month child support from Jon. She is so far beyond the breadline she can no longer even see it.
    Cut the crap, Kate.
    I think that's what the issue tends to be. Kate comes across like her kids need the show, that she needs the show to survive and put food on the table. There are plenty of other large, single parent families that have to work in the real world for a living and probably do just fine. With all the money she's received for all her endeavors, child support (while trying to make Jon come off sounding like a deadbeat who doesn't care about his kids), and all the freebies, Kate is probably way better off than most upper class two parent families are. Not to mention everything is for the children, yet she's doing things that keeps her apart from her kids, and she no sooner got back from doing DWTS than she was seen leaving again and in NY shopping with her bodyguard/boyfriend. Jon isn't innocent, but I don't believe he's as bad as Kate and TLC have tried to make him out to be. Especially when Kate wouldn't budge on giving him any more visitation when she was doing DWTS, but left her kids with nannies and then cried to the cameras that she wished she had her job.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3929299;
    It isn't. People just don't like Kate for various reasons. I think something that is fine for everyone else with kids is not okay for Kate because lots of people are looking for reasons to dislike her.
    Whatever the case, I think she is a fantastic mother. I would challenge anyone to do what she has done. I don't think they could do any better.
    There is no need to look for reasons to dislike khate. KHate reeks of vileness without even opening her mouth. The behavior she exhibited on dancing with the stars with beyond the pale.

My guy was watching DWTS never seen John & Kate plus eight and wanted to know who that evil troll was that was dancing with Tony.lol I asked why he wanted to know? I was told "she just oozes entitlement and rotten disposition."lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread