+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

America's Got Talent

Just watched Dancing with the Stars first episode this season and it was great. Love Howie Mandel, but was wondering what happened to David Hasselhoff? Did someone Hassel the Hoff???
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Dancing With the Stars

Do you mean "America's Got Talent" ??? I think that is the show that Howie is on.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: America's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3920802;
    Just watched Dancing with the Stars first episode this season and it was great. Love Howie Mandel, but was wondering what happened to David Hasselhoff? Did someone Hassel the Hoff???
    I heard his contract was up and he just decided to leave the show. I don't know if he was nudged out or not, but I don't see why he would be. It's not like the show needed fresh blood. Howie's a good replacement choice, though. I've always liked him and at one point wished he'd take over for Nick as host.

A couple of things I wish they'd change about this show: first, put acts through that could actually headline in Vegas. And I wish they wouldn't drag the audition process/quarter finals-semi finals process out for so long.

FORT Fogey

I love this show. It is perfect for the summertime. I did fall in love with singer from the South. Although, there is one like him every season and they never win.

Regarding Hasselhoff, he is a notorious alcoholic. He almost lost the AGT job last year. I'm not sure if he left voluntarily or not this season, but it appears he his still struggling based on recent news accounts that we was admitted to a hospital as a result of alchol poisoning or somethng related to drinking.

I've liked all the hosts on the show - even going back to the beginning with Brandy. They've done a good job of switching things up. For whatever reason, I really like David H. but he really does need to get some help and I have to say I think I might like Howie a little more.

Both seem to really enjoy the craziness of the show -- as does Pierce -- and I like that.

I like Sharon as a judge but she doesn't seem as entertained as the others. Her participation seems forced or rote to me.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3920905;
    I love this show. It is perfect for the summertime. I did fall in love with singer from the South. Although, there is one like him every season and they never win.

Regarding Hasselhoff, he is a notorious alcoholic. He almost lost the AGT job last year. I'm not sure if he left voluntarily or not this season, but it appears he his still struggling based on recent news accounts that we was admitted to a hospital as a result of alchol poisoning or somethng related to drinking.

I've liked all the hosts on the show - even going back to the beginning with Brandy. They've done a good job of switching things up. For whatever reason, I really like David H. but he really does need to get some help and I have to say I think I might like Howie a little more.

Both seem to really enjoy the craziness of the show -- as does Pierce -- and I like that.

I like Sharon as a judge but she doesn't seem as entertained as the others. Her participation seems forced or rote to me.
    I heard about David's recent problems and hope he can finally conquer his demons. I've always liked him, and thought he came across as more 'real' than so many others in Hollywood. It's a shame he's had to deal with the struggles of fame (sadly he's not alone). It's possible that's why he left. Obviously his problems aren't new. I've enjoyed Sharon as a judge. I felt like for awhile the judges were trying to rip off the Idol group (the Hoff being Randy, Piers being Simon, and Sharon being Paula), but I think the two have found their place. They're honest but fair, not overly cruel, not offering false hope, either. I had forgotten all about Brandy being on this show. I liked Regis and Jerry. Nick's okay, but I wouldn't miss him. AGT is a good summertime filler, along with my first guilty pleasure, Big Brother. Both shows usually get me right up to the fall premieres of my other favorites.

There were some good acts tonight. I liked the choir group, and one of the guy singers, I think his name was Mike? I'd have to go back and watch to see who else stood out. One thing I like about this show, they don't overly dwell on the negative auditions. I'll probably stick with it this summer.

I've always enjoyed AGT, and now with Howie as a judge, what fun! I thought he was hillarious last night.

What was the name of the group who are former military who were homeless? What a great story that was.

Jexter, IA, Sharon just seemed like she was there, maybe she's getting bored with it? I'm not sure, but I really enjoyed Howie as a judge, and am wondering if the other two feel overpowered by him.

Re: Dancing With the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3920818;
    Do you mean "America's Got Talent" ??? I think that is the show that Howie is on.
    OOPS!! Yeah, just like I typed in the title ...

I'm loving Howie, and I think these three blended last night. I did love Piers scolding Howie .. "HOWIE! Stop playing with the buzzer!"
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I cracked up when Howie said he used to watch the show from home and yell "Shut Up!" to Piers, and then he turned right to Piers and yelled shut up to his face .

FORT Fogey

This show is showing why judges need to be changed up. DWTS needs new judges, the old ones are getting stale.

I agree about Sharon, she looks downright bored. I mean it must be hard to get paid tons of money to sit and watch entertainment, and be on television. I hate when celebrities are bored or angry with the things they have. I think it is time to replace her as well.

OK, decided to watch this show last night for the first time ... Can I please get my hour back.

DH thought it was a riot or I would have changed the channel ... a whole bunch of weirdos ...
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 123456789101151 ... LastLast