+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

FORT Fogey

Re: America's Got Talent

Fighting Gravity and the Hot Shot Tappers were the only ones I was even remotely intersted in. I hope they make it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3967813;
    I don't know how the 3 judges make their final picks...although given that some odd-balls made it through, I'm sure the producers had a say in it to keep it a bit interesting. The crazy old lady who shrieks and plays the organ is a stitch. I kind of luv her (well, in the same way Howie does).

All my fav's went through - except the kite flyer. I think he must have just done a repeat of the his first performance based on the small footage we saw. What an awful time he must have of things. Can't even imagine a life of epilepsy.
    Their logic for not letting the kite flyer through ( " WE don't know how he'll handle going live") is such a cop out. Maybe he'll do lousy and maybe he won't but at least give hima shot over `red haired lady playing the keyboards off tune.' Also I'd rather see the haitian band and The formjer Homelss vets perform over the lady who paints and most of the other singers. Just no excuse for weeding out some of these acts while letting lesser liked or interesting people through.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Who was the last act to go through? My DVR cut off.

Future Funk.

Thanks, May! I figured as much, the judges love them.

FORT Fan

The four acts going into the semifinals are Nathaniel Kenyon, Fighting Gravity, Christina and Ali and by judges' choice, Future Funk.

The eight America's Got Talent acts to be voted/kicked off, eliminated and sent home were Sally Cohn, Airpocalypse, Nick Pike, Kung Fu Heroes, Hot Shot Tap Dancers, Maricar, Paul Safy Jr. and RNG.

I am very disappointed in the results. I somehow knew Future Funk was going to go through even tho' they are two young to be in Hollywood let alone have a Vegas act.

Also they cut the tap dancers. Big mistake IMO. I also don't see the attraction of Chrisina and Ali at all.

At least they got rid of Sally Cohn

Nancy

FORT Newbie

I was so disappointed. As each group went up I knew who was moving forward to the semi finals. I loved the tap dancers and the air guitar guys but as soon as I saw who the were grouped with, I knew thay weren't going. Christina and Ali are mediocar at best and I just don't like the Zack Efron wanna be.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wanted to see Defying Gravity so I'm glad they made it through. I'll have to go see if their clip is on Youtube somewhere from this week. They're about the only act that made it through to the top 48 that I'd pay to see, even if I guess their concept isn't different from Blue Man Group. But they're different in terms of their act. Air band might have been something different 5 years ago, but I have Rock Band for my Wii. So been there, done that I don't think they could have sold out a Vegas show. Air bands and air guitar are everywhere.

I sometimes wonder if the judges maybe give false hope to certain contestants in making them think they're better than they are. Sally Cohn is an example. I know the judges raved about her during the audition process, and I hope she doesn't walk off thinking she's going to get signed or become something big.

I remember a few of those acts. Easier to remember them when they're just 12 together. Don't know Nick Pike, can't remember RNG, or the tappers. Glad Maricar got cut. I can't believe they put someone through like that to this stage

So glad that Future Funk made it it through. I actually voted for them, first time I ever bothered to vote for this show. I really liked the tappers too. The painting chick was from the town where I work, so I am sorry that she didn't make if further just for the sake of the town.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

It's going to sound like i should have Margeret hamiliton music playing behind me as i say this but I generally don't like kid acts because well, they don't belong on these shows as they take spots away from legitimate contenders who can actually work in vegas. Sure future funkis adorable as all get out but really, shouldn't they be in school or out playing with their friends and having a normal childhood? I mean, what if they win???
    As for the lady and the girl singing duo- I don't understand why on earth they made it this far- they are okay, fine for family gatherings and as local talent but there's no way they belong in the semi finals!
    Sad the tap dancers went home as they truly are talented and it seems tap dancing might be a dying art form. Defying gravity may be blue man group inspired but they are a lot of fun to watch- although they would need to do more with their act to keep people focused for more than 10 minutes.
    I did like Sally the hand whistler because she was such a hoot (no pun intended) -I thought she was actually really good during some of her songs- I don't think for one minute she has any false hopes or delusions about becoming famous -she's way too sharp for that and I think she just really had a heck of a time riding this out as long as she did. I love that at 75 she still has this giant zest for life and no fear in trying something crazy and new- I mean it takes a lot of guts to try out for these shows to a certaine extent(unless you truly are delusional lol) and I get the feeling that for her it wasn't about winning so much as just doing and trying and adding this experience to an already rich life. Her attitude is great.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

+ Reply to Thread