+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

NEW YORK (AP) Howard Stern will be joining the judges' panel on "America's Got Talent," and the NBC summer talent show will uproot itself from Los Angeles to accommodate the New York-based shock jock, the network said Thursday.

NBC confirmed weeks-old rumors of Stern's selection to join fellow "Talent" judges Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne. Nick Cannon remains host.

Stern, whose daily radio show airs on Sirius XM, is replacing Piers Morgan, who departed "Talent" after last season to free up his busy schedule. Last winter Morgan launched a weeknight interview program on CNN.

"Howard Stern's larger-than-life personality will bring a thrilling new dynamic to 'America's Got Talent' starting this summer," said Paul Telegdy, NBC's president of alternative and late night programming. "He's a proven innovator and his track record in broadcasting is truly remarkable."

The show bills itself as TV's only talent competition show that is open to any age and any talent. Auditions for season seven began in October in major cities around the country. But now, with Stern aboard, production of the live broadcast of the show will relocate to New York.

Stern, who in 2005 took his long-running syndicated show from terrestrial radio to Sirius XM, signed a new five-year contract with the satellite-radio company a year ago after months of stormy negotiations

I won't be watching.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I want Piers back already. But even he could not stop my nightmares coming true this year.

FORT Fogey

I didn't watch before - all the zany things, now I KNOW I won't watch ever given Howard Stern's addition. At least Piers had CLASS!
    Moontat likes this.

Hardly anybody here was really watching anyway.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 12-15-2011 at 10:26 PM.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

So . . . another free evening at our house. No chance I'll watch AGT with Piers gone and Howard Stern on the panel.
    Moontat likes this.

I'll probably still watch. If there's any reason I wouldn't it will be because of how all the sob stories and other crap keep making it to the very end. Too bad I won't have anybody to discuss it with.

FORT Fogey

I am disappointed Piers is gone but I will put in on my DVR. I have always watched this with liberal use of FF, anyway. Howie and Sharon are the stand outs, for me. Stern will have to temper his personality and it will be interesting to see how this will play out.
    JohnnyK likes this.

I think Howard will make a very interesting judge! He is a fan of the show and other reality type shows, so that his input will be genuine. I cant wait to start watching.
    Shoepie and JohnnyK like this.

Yay. Looks like I won't be alone afterall.

May this next season give us the best winner, or in this case, best finalists yet.

My favorite final four, so far, were those of 2010.

I used to watch the first couple of seasons and then gave up. So I will be coming back mostly to see what Howard says!!

+ Reply to Thread