+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1454555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

FORT Fogey

Re: America's Got Talent

Are there that many people interested in seeing a cover show for the Brat Pack? They are from my parents generation. I am a grandmother so I mean people who are mostly dead now!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Are there that many people interested in seeing a cover show for the Brat Pack? They are from my parents generation. I am a grandmother so I mean people who are mostly dead now!
    I was surprised, though delighted that so many people voted for Landau. I thought the young people would consider his music style too old. I do think many people pay to see older people doing older music. Donny and Marie have done VERY well perfomring in Vegas and then consider all the older people in Branson, MO. They have a vibratant nightlife with old timers doing old music year round.

I'm confused - there is a brat pack as well:

1. The Rat Pack - Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Joey (for the life of Me I can't remember his name), and I think one other. They were more from the Swinging '60s, which is where Landau is getting his style from.

2. The Brat Pack - Emilio Estevez is the only one I can remember out of this group. They were created in the '80s and I think first grouped in "The Breakfast Club."

Don't know what they'd call a group with Landau and the others to be unique from these names but still be classy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

1. The Rat Pack - Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Joey (for the life of Me I can't remember his name), and I think one other. They were more from the Swinging '60s, which is where Landau is getting his style from.

2. The Brat Pack - Emilio Estevez is the only one I can remember out of this group. They were created in the '80s and I think first grouped in "The Breakfast Club."

Don't know what they'd call a group with Landau and the others to be unique from these names but still be classy.
    I meant Rat Pack.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

That would be Joey Bishop . . . and the other is Peter Lawford. (Sometimes, being old is good - IF you can remember things.)

Maybe Landau could be the opening act for Terry Fator. :-)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Still happy for Landau but more pissed about iLuminate. If we were to have our first group winners it absolutely should have been them. Silhouettes beating them was insane. At least iLuminate were good in all of their performances instead of hardly any.

Brat Packers I remember...yes all the kids in The Breakfast Club and St. Elmo's Fire.

The core group of Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, Demi Moore, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, and Ally Sheedy. Sometimes John Cusack, Robert Downey Jr., Jon Cryer, and Matthew Broderick were associated with them because they appeared with a couple of those actors in their movies.

oh yea...Jami Gertz, James Spader, and Charlie Sheen were sometimes considered Brat Packers too. The one exception is Mare Winningham who starred in St. Elmo's Fire but afterwards never co-starred or appeared in any other movie with any Brat Packer so she isn't considered a core member (ironically she's the most talented of the bunch).
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 09-17-2011 at 07:22 AM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Landau WON? Oh for heaven's sake.

Sorry to his fans, but really... So America's Got Talent gets another singer with a story that will fade into obscurity. I have friends from other countries who were watching to compare the winner this year with the winners from other countries. Yeesh, it's kind of embarassing.

Maybe Canada's Got Talent will fare better. *crosses fingers*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I was giving my votes to iLuminate who I was hoping would at least be in the Top 2 (other being Landau), or maybe even win. And I'm still disappointed about them losing out to the other group. Their choreography and talent in performances was nowhere near as good as iLuminate's, and they relied on stuff I complained about before to make up for it. But I guess that's what people like better. Lame.

Next year we gotta get something else, though.

And speaking of international winners, another series I follow is Britain's Got Talent and I also know some of Australia's winners too.

Here's the comparison:

America:

Bianca Ryan - singer
    Terry Fator - ventriloquist/impressionist/singer
    Neal E. Boyd - opera singer
    Kevin Skinner - singer
    Michael Grimm - singer
    Landau Eugene Murphy Jr - singer

Britain:

Paul Potts - opera singer
    George Sampson - solo dancer
    Diversity - dance crew
    Spelbound - acrobat/gymnastic group
    Jai McDowall - singer

Australia:

I can't remember any of the names off the top of my head and the exact order, but they have a couple singers, a guitarist (I think), a dance crew as well, and an opera singer.

And I'm glad you brought up Canada's Got Talent. I'm looking forward to it for sure. Currently I believe they are holding the producers' auditions (the ones before the ones we see on TV with the judges and audience and everything).
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 09-17-2011 at 06:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread