+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    The time has finally come! The time for the finale performances, anyway. The actual "time" itself will be tomorrow, of course.

Since iLuminate and Silhouettes have been last twice now, I'm hoping they give it to Landau or POPLYFE.

And Landau's first.

Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. - I liked the song choice, and I think he sang it well. He may very well win now, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Landau did quite well, and I think better than he did last go. He has proven himself through the season and I feel that if he wins it will at least be a good singer winning. I still think he would be great as a part of a new "Rat Pack."

[quote[Team iLuminate - It was great, like I always think it is, although you could see more than the lights at certain points, if you get what I mean. That definitely doesn't mean I am counting them out though, and I'd still see them live if I could. Speaking of counting out...[/quote]

The minor cases of people visible here are beyond their control though, and there is a chance that just because we at home saw it doesn't mean that it was visible in the audience. They did a good job with the kalideoscope effect and making it appear there were 24 people instead of the small amount they did. I think this is one of their strongest acts yet. Not quite perfect, but much better than Defying Gravity last year.

POPLYFE - They are probably the least deserved finalists this season, and tonight proved it. Sorry, but it's true. The singing wasn't that good, and whichever guy decided to kick in with the singing later on was, frankly, quite terrible. Congrats on 4th.
    They seriously tried, but we all know they're not going to win after this performance. They went too far from their norm and it cost them. I also feel for them though because I think they shouldn't have done "We are the champions" for the finale because they didn't know if they'd be there or not. I will say they gave it a good run and if they work hard they could possibly have some success in life.

Silhouettes - I don't like the fact that they were last for a third time, but this was pretty funny. Not in that kinda way, but it looks like they took Shoepie and my suggestion. From the animals, right down to even the song!! It's a bit scary, actually. Overall it wasn't that bad but I have to say the Eiffel Tower pose was horrible. It looked more like the Leaning Tower of Pisa at the end. And if what I said earlier (about their pose turning into a silhouette of the real image before it shows the image itself) wasn't obvious at first it should be now. And thanks for not doing what I was hoping you wouldn't earlier. All three.
    I have to say it, but the following were not accurate because they were not complete - Eiffel Tower (as mentioned leaning) Pagoda (the hands were not clasped together to where it was sharp), the bears (RELIED ON AN OVERLAY TO SHOW WHAT THEY WERE!), the crab (not close enough, and they closed the hands for the eyes too quickly), the growing up had two cases where the person was too late shrinking.

Also, there were cases of two silhouettes of a single person instead of one for the people, ruining the effect, ONE case the person went past the light (the countryside) and disappeared into the background. Silhouettes are SOLID and ONE piece, so yes, having a dark person and then the lighter shadow around them caused this issue.

The group should NOT win based on the above (they were not good, and IMHO should've been eliminated after their creation of earth routine a couple of weeks ago - the one I kept calling the tribute to Hiroshima, finally figured it out), could be top two but not win, but I Have a feeling that them being in the sweet spot - fourth - that could affect things more.

Well my winner pick still remains either Landau or iLuminate. Silhouettes 3rd and POPLYFE definitely 4th.

We also got a Terry Fator performance tonight.

And tomorrow we get...somebody I can't remember at the moment. Along with some others.

Go Landauminate!
    Terry Fator ROCKS! Been a long time since I've seen him in action, and this puppet was hilarious. I loved too how Terry makes sure that the puppet is also listening to Nick and the judges. This is a minor detail that some ventriloquists forget - letting the puppet interact with the host post act.

I agree with your final two - if we get it right, these should be the top two. If Silhouettes takes one of those two spots, I want the other one to win.

Yea, final 2 should be Landau and iLuminate.

iLuminate needs a bit of refining because sometimes they are not in sync and some of the lights are not illuminated enough. This was obvious even from their previous performances but that's probably the product of not having enough time to prepare. It's easier for a sole singer to prepare for only a week so Landau has the advantage. Silhouettes should come in 3rd while PopLyfe which I agree is the least deserving to be in the top 4 (and sure enough they bombed) should be 4th. I wish Landon Swank made it over them.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I was stunned that the judges were so impressed with Silhouettes. Really? I don't get it.

Was glad that they were honest this week about the poor background singing with POPLYFE. My ears are still healing...

I voted for Team I-Luminate. I do like Landau, but he's the 2nd place finisher in this race, to me.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

AND THE WINNER IS:

(4) POPLYFE

(3) Team iLuminate

(2) Silhouettes

which means . . .

Landau has washed his last car. Good for him!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

WOOHOO!!! YES!!! YES!!! THANK YOU!!!

POPLYFE finished in 4th as expected. Team iLuminate unfortunately finished in 3rd, keeping the streak alive of, imo, the best non-singing act finishing third. Other victims of this curse were Nuttin' But Stringz, Recycled Percussion, and Fighting Gravity.

What should have been the F2 didn't work out, as we had Silhouettes and Landau instead of iLuminate and Landau. And I was pretty worried.

But in the end, all went well and Landau won!

If I had to pick between him and iLuminate last night I would have gone for iLuminate but as I said before I would have been equally happy for both.

Tonight we also had Def Leppard, Tony Bennett with Queen Latifah, Cirque du Soleil, Jackie Evancho, the top four performing with some celebs, perhaps some others that slipped my mind, and the Audition All Stars. Speaking of the Audition All Stars, it was a disappointment. I quite liked the ones they had in previous years but this was just bad. And not in a good way.

Either way, a pretty good season and thanks to the few people who posted here this season.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 09-14-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: word mistake

I'm disappointed iLuminate finished so low; however, out of the two best acts there IMHO, it was the one that can still get a Las Vegas show and not need the million as much. They will do well.

I"m glad though that if they didn't win, Landau won. He has a good voice and if he found two other people, I think they could create a new "Rat Pack" type where you can add sketches as well as songs. There is a way to expand it, but they'd have to work on it.

Would've prefered a NON SINGER to win a season again, but at least it's a good one this year unlike last year's winner IMHO.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

The fact that Silhouettes beat Team iLuminate was really bad itself, and beating Landau too and winning would have been tragic. So thank God.

I was kind of hoping earlier on this season that we'd have a non-singer win, too. But now in the end I am still very glad it was Landau.

FORT Fogey

Illuminate will get work from this show. It was heart warming to see Landau win but I don't see him being all that successful singing Sinatra songs. Not an interest of mine, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Illuminate will get work from this show. It was heart warming to see Landau win but I don't see him being all that successful singing Sinatra songs. Not an interest of mine, anyway.
    I disagree to a point. Las Vegas and Sinatra are usually related to people. That said, the main attraction he performed at - The Sands I believe, is gone so it's harder to put them together.

I personally think he should consider possibly getting two other singers - a Dean Martin type and Sammy Davis Jr. type, and try to make the Caesar Palace the new home of the new Rat Pack.

Nothing else, his passion makes people smile, and I think that combined with it being a show with several of the acts will help out.

I agree...I think he will struggle to "Hold" a show on his own....but a recreation of the "Brat Pack" would be a good move....I too couldn't not believe that Silhouttes finished above I-luminate...except for the "heart tugging" factor of Silhouttes..for some reason I think the audience in general was drawn to Silhouttes more than I-luminate....

It will be interesting to "check-in" with these finalists at this time next season to see where they are...

+ Reply to Thread