+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent

For the finale performances I am not hoping for much other than Landau not blow his chances by taking some big unnecessary risk and that Silhouettes stop relying on patriotism and their back stories to win.

I agree on both Johnny. For Landau or iLuminate to win they need to keep up their stronger points and not try something new here. They need to stick to what works. Several of the acts in the finals and even semis decided to try something else and that's why they're not in the final four. Others, such as Lys and Anna, did what they normally do, but just lost out to better talent. (Miami All-Stars, seeing their performance actually IMHO was the only one who took a risk that worked).

I think Poplyfe also has a decent chance of winning, but it's less likely compared to the two above.

Silhouettes unless they totally blow people away and don't rely on what you said... shouldn't win and it'd be a travesty if they did.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I'm a little late for making observations about Tuesday's performances, but I was a little surprised not much was said about how awful POPLYFE's background singing was. Those kids need to stick to just playing instruments, and maybe a little dancing. The dancing wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I'm starting to think Pierce might have been right at the beginning when he said the only star was Kehlani. And with a name like that, I can see her being a one-name success story in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I'm a little late for making observations about Tuesday's performances, but I was a little surprised not much was said about how awful POPLYFE's background singing was. Those kids need to stick to just playing instruments, and maybe a little dancing. The dancing wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I'm starting to think Pierce might have been right at the beginning when he said the only star was Kehlani. And with a name like that, I can see her being a one-name success story in a few years.
    Buckeye,

I watched this show for the first time the night that they did the MJ song tribute. I thought both the girl and the background singers were pretty awful. Perhaps, they did better in the prior weeks, but that tribute, for me, was not at all good. Sorry.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I just want this season to be over, to be honest. Only two days away. Let's get it over with.

The finale results show will probably be two hours, which is what I think it was last season, with the first hour and a half filled with guest performances, and the last half hour filled with the three results and a bunch of tribute vids to the Final Four.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I just want this season to be over, to be honest. Only two days away. Let's get it over with.

The finale results show will probably be two hours, which is what I think it was last season, with the first hour and a half filled with guest performances, and the last half hour filled with the three results and a bunch of tribute vids to the Final Four.
    I am ready too. A one hour show is all that is needed. Well, 30 minutes would do! I FF to the end and skip the rest.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am ready too. A one hour show is all that is needed. Well, 30 minutes would do! I FF to the end and skip the rest.
    Shucks, if they cut out the (what seems like) 3-minute pause before Nick announces each winner, they could shorten the show big time!
    spockwhat and Debb70 like this.

The time has finally come! The time for the finale performances, anyway. The actual "time" itself will be tomorrow, of course.

Since iLuminate and Silhouettes have been last twice now, I'm hoping they give it to Landau or POPLYFE.

And Landau's first.

Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. - I liked the song choice, and I think he sang it well. He may very well win now, but we'll have to wait and see.

Team iLuminate - It was great, like I always think it is, although you could see more than the lights at certain points, if you get what I mean. That definitely doesn't mean I am counting them out though, and I'd still see them live if I could. Speaking of counting out...

POPLYFE - They are probably the least deserved finalists this season, and tonight proved it. Sorry, but it's true. The singing wasn't that good, and whichever guy decided to kick in with the singing later on was, frankly, quite terrible. Congrats on 4th.

Silhouettes - I don't like the fact that they were last for a third time, but this was pretty funny. Not in that kinda way, but it looks like they took Shoepie and my suggestion. From the animals, right down to even the song!! It's a bit scary, actually. Overall it wasn't that bad but I have to say the Eiffel Tower pose was horrible. It looked more like the Leaning Tower of Pisa at the end. And if what I said earlier (about their pose turning into a silhouette of the real image before it shows the image itself) wasn't obvious at first it should be now. And thanks for not doing what I was hoping you wouldn't earlier. All three.

Well my winner pick still remains either Landau or iLuminate. Silhouettes 3rd and POPLYFE definitely 4th.

We also got a Terry Fator performance tonight.

And tomorrow we get...somebody I can't remember at the moment. Along with some others.

Go Landauminate!

FORT Fogey

Landau is going to sing with Patti LaBelle tomorrow night and Poplyfe with Stevie Wonder.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Loved, loved, loved Landau. I like iLuminate, but tonight's performance just seemed disjointed, and I had trouble following it. The only one I'd pay to see is Landau - besides, who wants to buy iLuminate's cd? (LOL)

+ Reply to Thread