+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1151525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

Silhouettes would have to put up a show stopping number with no gimmicks and everything perfect to win I think. Same with Poplyfe and Landau because we're seeing the same things in all three of them.

That said, iLuminate has to have the toughest job here to win this - they will have to top their performances from the previous two weeks.

BTW, I wanted to say something having read a lot about the actual finals acts - a lot seem to have taken a hit by the Russian Bar and didn't do what got them into the finals. They took too big of risks and failed.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I've been bored with Team illuminate for a couple of weeks. It was cool at first, but I wouldn't want to see an hour show of it. The same with the Silhouettes. I'd pay to see both Landau and Poplyfe. I'm not a voice critic, but Landau just makes me smile every time he sings. I think Poplyfe will be successful even if they don't win AGT (which doesn't seem likely). I'm not sure which would make the most successful Vegas act. They're all decent acts - a good final four.
    AZChristian likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'd like to see someone win NOT because of their sob story, which seems to have been the case for the last three seasons (although I actually like Michael Grimm a lot).

I think two or three of the F4 have sob stories, but in two of their cases I don't think it'll play that big a part. So that should be okay.

My winner rankings so far:

1. Terry Fator
    2. Michael Grimm
    3. Neal E. Boyd
    4. Bianca Ryan
    5. Kevin Skinner

I can probably fit three of the four acts in this list if they win but not sure about where I'd put POPLYFE. But I don't think it'll matter as I highly highly doubt they'll win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I've been bored with Team illuminate for a couple of weeks. It was cool at first, but I wouldn't want to see an hour show of it. The same with the Silhouettes. I'd pay to see both Landau and Poplyfe. I'm not a voice critic, but Landau just makes me smile every time he sings. I think Poplyfe will be successful even if they don't win AGT (which doesn't seem likely). I'm not sure which would make the most successful Vegas act. They're all decent acts - a good final four.
    While I would pay to see iLuminate in particular (I love interesting things and lights and how did they do it challenges facinate me for hours... then again, I'm currently figuring out how a glass project I just made broke in the kiln), I can see why some wouldn't like it over singers and such.

Personally, I think any of the acts are worthy of the title this season, though my rankings are iluminate, Landau (very VERY close second), Silhouettes and Poplyfe. But I will not be as upset if a singer wins this year as I was with last year's winner.

1. iLuminate
    2. Silhouettes
    3. Landau
    4. PopLyfe

I wish they had a surprise 5 finalists. 5th place Landon Swank should have made it. He and PopLyfe could have gone either way with just 1% difference.

I agree with you....I was hoping for a magician/illusionist to make final 4..after all it IS Vegas...

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    I agree with you....I was hoping for a magician/illusionist to make final 4..after all it IS Vegas...
    Sadly, I think magician/illusionists are like jugglers here on the show - they will NEVER get the respect they deserve.

FORT Fogey

Can't believe the Silhouettes made it through. Clever concept, etc. but boring after 2-3 times. Same with team Illuminate.

A full Vegas show?? THe only acts I'd pay to see are Landon Swank, Landau (but with improved stage performance) and the Miami All Stars (but with something else to balance the dance...)

PopLyfe has a lifetime ahead of them as does the girl Landau beat out (she was very sweet at the end). Logically I understand the anti-sob story sentiment above, BUT... I'd much rather an adult who needs a boost win.

I'm not anti-kid, though. For me, this season, this is how I see it.

Oh, out of the top 10 I'd also pay to see the Miami All-Stars. They also have the advantage - as does iLuminate, Landon and others if they so chose - to get people involved if they wanted to add to the fun. They just can't have anyone but Nick participate in these events for the show though, mostly because of safety and the like should something happen (after all - Nick probably has workers comp )

My opinion still stands on the final FOUR on who'd I'd want to see, but there were many in this top 10 worthy enough to earn that I'll watch them moments. Much better than other seasons I've had the honor of seeing most of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I've been bored with Team illuminate for a couple of weeks. It was cool at first, but I wouldn't want to see an hour show of it. The same with the Silhouettes. I'd pay to see both Landau and Poplyfe.[B] I'm not a voice critic, but Landau just makes me smile [/B]every time he sings. I think Poplyfe will be successful even if they don't win AGT (which doesn't seem likely). I'm not sure which would make the most successful Vegas act. They're all decent acts - a good final four.
    I felt the exact same way.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread