+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 848495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

I think if anyone did a Russian Bar move it'd be Silhouettes... because they durn near did it yesterday IMHO. They were IMHO just about as bad too because their timing was off and they had trouble putting together the globe - which irks me because we had the buzz for boredom from Piers that caused a guy to have his britches on fire and another buzz from him post an act on jump rope.

I mean - Piers, their timing was WAY off, they had a noticeable ERROR in their timing on the placing of the panel on the right upper side of the screen.

And the trees in the end you could TELL they were people. There was at least one seam in the trees that let people see it.

(OK, I admit it, I was impressed with the America one but this was a BAD routine and should've sent them home. Would've if they were in last week's show).

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

And the trees in the end you could TELL they were people. There was at least one seam in the trees that let people see it.
    Those were supposed to be trees? I wasn't even sure what they were doing.
    You could see their heads and legs sticking out from all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Those were supposed to be trees? I wasn't even sure what they were doing.
    You could see their heads and legs sticking out from all over the place.
    I actually thought they could also be bad paper cranes initially given that I thought they were doning an interpretation of the Hiroshima Peace memorial and saying "give peace a chance."

(I'm sorry for the ranting about that comparison - but in all honesty if you read information on that monument you'll see my initial confusion.)

I missed the previous performances by the Silhouettes so they were "new" to me and I had no idea what they were about.
    I was very confused as to what exactly they were trying to do (other than to possibly look like a silhouette) The performance was sloppy.
    If it weren't for the wisdom and insight of the posters here on this thread, I would still be wondering what the Silhouettes whole point is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think if anyone did a Russian Bar move it'd be Silhouettes... because they durn near did it yesterday IMHO. They were IMHO just about as bad too because their timing was off and they had trouble putting together the globe - which irks me because we had the buzz for boredom from Piers that caused a guy to have his britches on fire and another buzz from him post an act on jump rope.

I mean - Piers, their timing was WAY off, they had a noticeable ERROR in their timing on the placing of the panel on the right upper side of the screen.

(OK, I admit it, I was impressed with the America one but this was a BAD routine and should've sent them home. Would've if they were in last week's show).
    The only reason America was impressive was the photo overlays. Without them that would have been sloppy, as well. I went back and watched it carefully and they were not as tight as it appeared. Better than last night but not great on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The only reason America was impressive was the photo overlays. Without them that would have been sloppy, as well. I went back and watched it carefully and they were not as tight as it appeared. Better than last night but not great on their own.
    Even then - and I'm a broken record - they had the Iwo Jima picture wrong. They have the lead soldier going toward the Left, when the photo was taken they were walking RIGHT.

I kinda hope that their families are reading these notes - they will not win if people are catching these obvious issues.

(Not that they're my favorites, but if they work on it they could very easily earn a win. Right now the only non singing act that has a very good chance at the top prize is iLuminate... providing they do a good job and Piers doesn't decide to hit the buzzer out of the blue).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Even then - and I'm a broken record - they had the Iwo Jima picture wrong. They have the lead soldier going toward the Left, when the photo was taken they were walking RIGHT.

I kinda hope that their families are reading these notes - they will not win if people are catching these obvious issues.

(Not that they're my favorites, but if they work on it they could very easily earn a win. Right now the only non singing act that has a very good chance at the top prize is iLuminate... providing they do a good job and Piers doesn't decide to hit the buzzer out of the blue).
    Piers loves Illunimate as do Howie and Sharon. I think they are a shoo in for the win. The singers are good but boring. We get enough of that on AI. And the dancing is mediocre. A magic act, mabe but probably not. Motorcycles, no way in hell.

I like the Smages, am glad they made the final, but them winning? Definitely not.

I am not sure who my Final Four would be. Two are definite yeses but the other two, not sure.

As for Landon, I still stand by my thought of him being the best magician this season, but Michael Grasso from last season was still better. His final trick was great (it's on Youtube if you wanna check it out), but even though it was great, there was the moment where you could tell how the finale of the performance was done.

My least favorite of the singers in the final ten? Sorry, but POPLYFE. They were the only ones of the four left who I wasn't really ever amazed with. My favorite, either Lys or Landau. Although if I had to pick one... Lys. Anna is good too, but I think it may be time to go next week...

Of the dancers left, I love iLuminate the most. The other three I am not big fans of, but second would have to be Miami All Stars.

West Springfield advancing over Daniel in the first semi didn't go over well with people, from what I've seen. Me being one of them, although they were in my top five that week.

I hope the Silhouettes can do something final-worthy (and by that I mean something that belongs in the Top 10, not Top 4). Not sure exactly what. They've done buildings and monuments before but what else can they do? This week showed that they may be done. Although, I don't want to but I will admit, the very beginning of their performance (with the tree growing) was kinda cool. However, I do NOT want another performance relying on people's emotions to get them through, because I hope people base their votes on talent, not the emotions from the act's theme. I saw someone on twitter suggest a particular theme, and if they do happen to follow through with it, I will have to say that the act has reached a new low. So needless to say I hope they don't.

So all in all I like, I dunno, around half of the finalists. But only two or three I'd like to see win. And I think we get Michael Grimm performing next week!

Edit: Oh, and yeah I am mentioning a Top 4 now although I mentioned a Top 5 earlier. Which one it will be I am unsure, although probably 4.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 09-02-2011 at 07:05 PM.

FORT Fogey

JohnnyK, what were the twitter suggestions for Silouettes that you didn't like?

Basically another tribute theme. Reason I hope they don't do it is because I personally feel that they'd be using it to their advantage (since it is still a competition), rather than for the right reasons.

+ Reply to Thread