+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent

Hm, well the more I think about it, the sadder I am that Daniel is gone. I will miss him.

Anyway, about next week:

Who I want to see advance at this time:

Fatally Unique
    Kinetic King
    Landau
    Landon
    Smage Bros.

Who I think will advance at this time:

Anna
    Landon
    Landau
    Snap
    Silhouettes

Last season Jackie Evancho was the sole survivor of Youtube, this season it will probably be WSDT, as I'm not sure if Gymkana will make it (they are the last two Youtube acts left).

As good as Landon Swank is, he's no Michael Grasso (magician finalist from last season). I'd like him to do something amazing next week.

Another act I can compare to one from last season are the Smage Brothers. They are like the Jeremy VanSchoonhovens but with motorbikes instead of bicycles.

Landau. Is he the best singer left? Probably not. But, not sure why, he is one of my favorites left. We'll see how he does.

Professor Splash promised us "fire" last time. The only "fire" I want to see is the one that sends him home.

Anna and Snap seem pretty popular as well. I wasn't TOO impressed with either of their QF performances but based on their popularity they might make it to the Final.

Fatally Unique are, after iLuminate, probably my fav dance crew left.

The Kinetic King, based on personality, is probably the one I love the most. I hope his set-up goes off perfectly so he can have a better chance.

Steven and the Skippers might be leaving us.

Silhouettes I really hope won't be tugging on emotions to secure their spot in the next round this time. Plus I just don't think the act itself is that great, so that's why it's so frustrating. I might change my mind though. But I don't think so.

Others have their stories and stuff too but some of them have great performances to back it up, at least (like Lys). A good example of a sympathetic life story but not-great performances (imo) are the sisters from last season, who robbed so many better acts on their way to the final.

OMG! Those sisters from last year sucked! The kite guy who had more potential should have gone thru instead of them. Anyway, the next 5 moving on for me will be:

Anna
    Landon
    Landau
    Silhouettes
    Fatally Unique

I remember when in Vegas Week last season it was between them and New Directions Veterans' Choir (the formerly homeless group) for the 48th live show spot. And that was where the robbage list began. And then it grew from there.

So, looks like some of the guest performers for the final few weeks have been revealed, per AGTNews and BuddyTV. Michael Grimm and Jackie Evancho (last season's Final 2) are coming back, as well as Britain's Got Talent's Susan Boyle, and Def Leppard, along with some others. No mention of having the Audition All Stars in this season's finale, but I hope they do.

And it also looks like the finale is on Sept. 14. Which means we'll probably be having a Final 4 or 5 again instead of just getting the winner right out of the 10. Which I don't really like as it makes it easier for the singers.

Trying to keep thread going during the days of the week there is no show, just to have discussion. About anything, related to the show.

Fort Member

Just wanted to say that I am so glad I am not the only one who thought that the sister's from last season should not have gone as far as they did. While sweet and their story a good one their talent was far less than others and I really thought the vetrans chior was far more entertaining and had a good story as well.
    Back to this season (we wont get to see it here until it is well and truly over) is there any chance a non singing act can win? I fear if one does not win soon that it will become just a nother sining competition as novality acts wont bother auditioning

This is the first season where I think a non-singing act could win. We have a strong contestant in the form of iLuminate, and Silhouettes and Steven Retchless, should they advance, would be strong competitors. Also, the Miami Dance Team and Landon Swank I think could be strong contenders if they also keep working hard.

I do agree with you though that if we keep having singers advance (though this year Lys, Poplyfe and should he advance Landau are good and worthy of a win), we will lose the charm of this show.

Since its inception, we have only had ONE non-singing act win, and that was the ventriloquist Terry Fator. I remember when he won though there was this GIGANTIC uproar on the blogs and online that he was not "nearly as talented" as the singer. Some of it was absolutely vile IMHO.

But, who is the ONLY one of the winners so far who has had long term success post show? - Terry, who has a rather successful Las Vegas Act. Why? - because he's fresh, he can vary up his performances and he is engaging.

Said enough too when last year's winner took a long time to get to gold while Jackie Evancho went platinum in a couple of weeks and we see Poppycock getting some shows (I don't know Las Vegas, but he is most likely doing a show).

Personally, the show has soured my interest in every auditioning. I am a juggler, and almost at the level of Charles Peachock (I can't quite bounce juggle, but can do tricks that he probably can't do to compensate), but after the treatment he received by the judges, especially the idiotic comparison by Howie to mouth blowing a single ping-pong ball against a xylophone as being the same as bounce juggling four or five ping pong balls against a piano IN TIME to the actual songs, I don't think I want to be up there auditioning when they obviously don't know the differences. Peachock was one of several acts I think should've been in the semis, but lost out to a cheap thrill act (even if not in the same grouping in quarters I still think that some acts such as Prof. Splash don't deserve to be in the semis) and a cheap thrill act that can NEVER be a full Las Vegas act.

I've also head others say they'd never audition because the judges tend to treat this show more and more as "the Gong Show" - practically "gonging" out decent talent and either keeping singers or weird acts in this show.

It's also why I get irritated with Steven Retchless' treatment by Piers. He and others gave Prince Poppycock such laurels for his talent - in spite of the oddity of being in Renaissance whiteface, loud costumes and the like, but not Retchless, who is very talented on something known to cause injuries or death in its own right.

If we continue to have singing acts win? - yeah, all it does is show the narrow-mindedness of what is seen as talent in the nation. That said, I do think we have fans this go who are trying their damndest to get a non-singing act to win this go. That said, I personally feel the WSDT shouldn't have advanced over Daniel, but I even see judges trying to change it because they know many such as myself are getting irritated with the current trend and are being discouraged from entering.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 08-29-2011 at 10:20 AM.

There are a lot of very talented performers this season however, I certainly wouldn't pay to see a Vegas singing group/singer that has no original songs (I really like PopLyfe but can't imagine watching them for however long a Vegas show lasts!)
    I'm sure many of the acts get jobs just from the exposure of being on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    There are a lot of very talented performers this season however, I certainly wouldn't pay to see a Vegas singing group/singer that has no original songs (I really like PopLyfe but can't imagine watching them for however long a Vegas show lasts!)
    I'm sure many of the acts get jobs just from the exposure of being on this show.
    I don't think Poplyfe will win simply because of their ages and the fact part of the prize is the Las Vegas show. I do think they're better than a lot of bands we've seen before.

No, if it's a singer it most likely I think will be Lys.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I don't think Poplyfe will win simply because of their ages and the fact part of the prize is the Las Vegas show. I do think they're better than a lot of bands we've seen before.

No, if it's a singer it most likely I think will be Lys.
    If it's a singer I think it will be Anna Graceman.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    If it's a singer I think it will be Anna Graceman.
    I keep forgetting about Anna Graceman, but to be fair I HAVEN'T seen her yet. When she performs I'll let you know my opinion or if I think she could take it all. From speculation here though, apparently she can.

+ Reply to Thread