+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: America's Got Talent

I guess I have bad taste because I thought the insult comic was funny. It was even more funny seeing Piers crack a smile trying not to laugh. In general, though, I'm not a fan of roasts so I wouldn't want to watch a whole act in that vein. I've seen a lot better comics than that guy so his time is up.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I guess I have bad taste because I thought the insult comic was funny. It was even more funny seeing Piers crack a smile trying not to laugh. In general, though, I'm not a fan of roasts so I wouldn't want to watch a whole act in that vein. I've seen a lot better comics than that guy so his time is up.
    Oh no, he had some zingers, but the problem was that some were not where you could have the roastee retort back, which actually usually increase the humor and success of the jokes.

But, that's why I didn't think it was funny and actually rude - too few comments able to allow roasting right back at the comedian. And sadly, I think that will be the reason he does not get to come back for semis.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Advanced

West Springfield Dance Team
    The Kinetic King
    Landon Swank
    Judges' vote winner: Summerwind Skippers

Judges' vote loser: The Fiddleheads

Good results, although I would personally have liked Fiddleheads to make it over the Skippers, but both are good. And I should probably give WSDT more credit as well. The look I still don't like, but other than that, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Advanced

West Springfield Dance Team
    The Kinetic King
    Landon Swank
    Judges' vote winner: Summerwind Skippers

Judges' vote loser: The Fiddleheads

Good results, although I would personally have liked Fiddleheads to make it over the Skippers, but both are good. And I should probably give WSDT more credit as well. The look I still don't like, but other than that, sure.
    I have to say that I'm not too disappointed with the results - but I didn't see the dance team. Kinetic King WAS a surprise, but this time he knows that EVERYTHING has to work perfect the first time or he will be out. Still don't think that it's a Las Vegas act for a full show, but as far as possibly winning just some money, it's worth it.

The Fiddleheads were good, but I think just being on the show will help them long term. They didn't need the show quite as much to have post show success as the skippers do.

What I like most of all? - There are only a few singing acts - I think now three (the youtube winner, the opera singer and Poplyfe) in the show, and a wide variety of acts that are quite good.

There are a couple I DO NOT want to see advance past the semis (Professor Splash the biggest), but most I would be happy to see win the title. Would be less excited if one of the singers/singing groups win (just because we've had so many of them, but they are all deserving this year), but still, better only a few I don't want to see win than many as I"ve seen elsewhere.

There are a few I really don't want to see make it any further either. Unless they completely turn me around.

There are six singers, I believe, in the semis. Kevin, Poplyfe, Lys, Anna, Daniel, and Landau.

Kinetic King, like Prof. Splash, is not a Vegas act. How can he do a 1 hour show? I would have preferred The Fiddleheads to go through because The Skippers, just like the Juggler and the BMX Riders, made a mistake. Quite anticlimatic that they let Piers speak first. They should have let Howie speak first and then Sharon and then Piers would decide which act should move on, Sharon's or Howie's. It was quite obvious that Howie and Sharon would pick the act they brought back.

Piers would have deserved to have all 4 of his choices make it but the Juggler fumbled. I do think he knows talent more than the other two and the other two are in denial. They choose based on favorites while real talent being secondary. Why would Howie select those Little People and even the comedian but only to make fun of Piers. I think the comedian lacks stage presence, he looks too nervous that I thought he's going to cry on stage every time he performs, it's uncomfortrable. I also think that Sharon wasted her picks with the Calico Hearts and that singer she brought back from Vegas. Desmond Meeks is a way better singer. Howie deserved that none of his acts got through.

Piers picked the Skippers.

FORT Fogey

I keep one eye on this show but do not watch every one. Any one know when the final 12 start? I will watch it more then. None of the dance teams are very good. Do they even watch SYTYCD?! Apparently not!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I love that the Kinetic King made it through. I'd be happy if he won. If he can make his act grow into something unbelievable he could possilbly rank with some of these "one trick" magicians who base an entire show on one incredible feat and everyone watches. So, I'm not counting him out completely. He certainly ranks far higher for me than the acts that have been done to death like Prof. Splash.

The real strength of the Kinetic King's act is he, himself. He's so fricken strange and likeable... you don't know know what the heck he is going to say next and you hope it'll be something amusing and in his nerdy odd way it is almost always at least mildly amusing. He's a hard guy to hate.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I love that the Kinetic King made it through. I'd be happy if he won. If he can make his act grow into something unbelievable he could possilbly rank with some of these "one trick" magicians who base an entire show on one incredible feat and everyone watches. So, I'm not counting him out completely. He certainly ranks far higher for me than the acts that have been done to death like Prof. Splash.

The real strength of the Kinetic King's act is he, himself. He's so fricken strange and likeable... you don't know know what the heck he is going to say next and you hope it'll be something amusing and in his nerdy odd way it is almost always at least mildly amusing. He's a hard guy to hate.
    And why couldn't they have a whole crew helping him to build his creations for a nightly show? As long as we get to enjoy his quirkiness and a HUGE grand finale, they could fill in the rest of a show with the lesser creations. I'd go see him. As long as Professor Splash (is that his name?) isn't his opening act!!!

+ Reply to Thread