+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent

I was happy with three of the four results. Zuma Zuma, Fatally Unique, and iLuminate. Melissa, though, wasn't great, and yes, her audition was better. I'm also going to have to disagree and say her Sharon impression was not spot on. It was too high pitched.

I've been voting a bit in the Wildcard poll on the NBC site, giving most of my votes to Kinetic King, because he definitely deserves another chance because of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I was happy with three of the four results. Zuma Zuma, Fatally Unique, and iLuminate. Melissa, though, wasn't great, and yes, her audition was better. I'm also going to have to disagree and say her Sharon impression was not spot on. It was too high pitched.

I've been voting a bit in the Wildcard poll on the NBC site, giving most of my votes to Kinetic King, because he definitely deserves another chance because of what happened.
    What helped Melissa was that she had more impersonations that were correct though than incorrect. The one that bugged me most though was the Owen Wilson one - for as high pitched as Sharon was done, the Owen one was a little too low. I can pitch Owen's timber and I'm female. You just have to have a bit of an alto voice.

I'd not mind Kinetic King getting another shot, just so we can see one more trick. I don't see him winning the competition though - even if he does advance he may not make the wild card to the semis though.

As long as we don't get the likes of Sam B or people who made it to the quarters and really shouldn't have, I will be happy.

I,m sUrprised they put thru Melissa over the Juggler. I think it,s because he talked back to them when he got 2 xs from Sharon and Howie. Pierce is the only one who made sense and it,s tru that he takes this seriously. I think Peachock, Fiddleheads, and Desmond Meeks should make it back and that magician who went thru the mirror who i think should have used a giant white marking pen so the audience and tv viewers could see the writing. He did lack in presentation.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Does anyone know how many wildcard spots there are? I want the Fiddleheads, the Juggler AND the Kinetic King back.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Probably 12, based on last season and the live show numbers here so far. There's a poll on the NBC site listing all of the eliminated quarterfinal acts to choose from, although it's stated on there that the online voting might not even have any effect on who's brought back. Since there are only quarterfinal acts to choose from on there, I don't know if that means we won't be getting any Vegas Week eliminees returning this season.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Thanks for the information, JohnnyK. Interesting that they are keeping the power in their hands as to whom they want to have returning. It makes the vote process less satisfying. I kind of hate that they have wrested the control out of the hands of the public in that manner. I will go check them out and vote for the three I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I,m sUrprised they put thru Melissa over the Juggler. I think it,s because he talked back to them when he got 2 xs from Sharon and Howie. Pierce is the only one who made sense and it,s tru that he takes this seriously. I think Peachock, Fiddleheads, and Desmond Meeks should make it back and that magician who went thru the mirror who i think should have used a giant white marking pen so the audience and tv viewers could see the writing. He did lack in presentation.
    I sadly think the reasons why the juggler wasn't chosen were:

1. He disagreed with them/talked back (though honestly a lot of it was justified given Howie's lack of knowledge on the differences between blowing ONE ping pong ball at a xylophone for a single note tune versus a guy juggling 5 balls and playing two songs totally in rythym with one or two notes off).

and

2. Frankly - I'll say it again - THEY HATE JUGGLERS! I don't care how skilled they are (and this guy puts some of my experience to shame), Jugglers are generally panned by these judges. I mean - none have every been chosen to go beyond quarters.

They need your votes to make the wildcard round...vote here:

Which eliminated Quarterfinalists would you like to see in the Wild Card show? - NBC

I think perhaps I'm the only one who's not enamored with iLuminate. The choreography is ok, though I thought the performance the other night was ho-hum. Is it the lighting up thing that's got people excited?

Not impressed with the U-tube acts this time around...(although the bike guy was unique)...all in all I find this season rather BORING and the way the show is set up this entire process is too drawn out. I don't even remember any of the acts who are making it through, IMHO the show needs to "shorten" the overall process..(or at least WHAT we get to SEE).
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread