+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

I may be in the minority, but I like the funny little people. The thing they have to be careful with is knowing when their cues are and syncing the lips to fit the music. They also have to know who is supposed to be singing, otherwise it's obviously faked - i.e. you can't have the "grandfather" syncing to the girl's words. (Bear in mind though - I've had to wear full character costumes, so I may have a slight bias as well as understanding in this area. )

Is there potential to grow? - yes, they could parody shows, they could do acts (of course they'd have to get permission here - I've thought about them parodying Illumanation (the light up stick figures), though they'd have to do with with lip sync), and a few other things. Is it a Vegas act? - yes and no, depending on how they work to expand it. It does at least have the entertainment value of the pianist/handstanding guy - being funny interludes in some sort of revue.

Will they advance? - while I like them, I think that their chances depend on if people want to continue to irritate Piers, who I think will buzz them even if they made it to the finals.

The Flores Family - they can't do much more except to say go outside the sphere. That has too many liabilities that they wouldn't be allowed to do it.

The bar group I like, and they could get more creative. I don't see them in the finals, but that doesn't mean they can't advance at least this round. It's similar to the rock climbing group - there is potential, question is where do they take it?

Miami Dance Machine - had they not told us they had to completely redo the dance because of copyright issues with the music (though I do criticize the timing of it by producers), I'd never know. I thought they were new and refreshing.

Really the rest I either missed watching or didn't interest me. I'd like to have seen the trapeze group though to get an assessment.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 07-13-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

We have our first four semifinalists.

Snap Boogie
    Russian Bar Trio
    Anna Graceman
    Miami All Stars

Fiddleheads came in 5th (as they lost the judges' vote against Miami All Stars), and if I were to guess who came in 6th, I'd say Funny Little People. Only because based on last season, it seemed then that most of the acts who were eliminated at the stage they were today were, I guess, good enough to place that high. Again it's just an assumption, but tonight I sure hope that wasn't the case. But with the four that did go through, I'm happy for them. All in my top half.

Anyway, it looks like we've got our twelve for next week already.

Attack Dance Crew
    Dani Shay
    Daniel Joseph Baker
    Dylan Andre
    Geechy Guy
    Landon Swank
    Mona Lisa
    Rhinestone Ropers
    Silhouettes
    Smage Brothers Riding Shows
    Steven Retchless
    Thomas John

I won't make any guesses or anything this time, but... I just gotta say I'm looking forward to Geechy Guy.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Thanks - I'm just glad the kids on the motorcycles in the big ball are gone. Not my kind of "talent" . . . and I didn't want to see them continually "pushing the envelope" until someone got hurt.

Well, my son and I were darned close :-) The only one we got wrong were the Russian Bar group...I really never thought they would make it to the next round. I just can't imagine them doing an entire show...then again, she teased us with "other tricks up my sleeve", so on to the semifinals!

I'm glad they were cut, too. Not only is it a poor example of parenthood (which I should have seen as the most important issue about the act earlier) but the act itself was hardly any different. I see a lot of people that were pulling for them though. And they may very well be back for the Wildcard.

Speaking of the Wildcard, Sharon apparently said somewhere that if she had to choose someone to come back right now it would be Dezmond Meeks.

I'm actually looking forward to the Wildcard more than any of the remaining quarterfinals. Just to see who comes back and who doesn't. Because there are some I'd really like to see come back and a lot more I don't.
    AZChristian likes this.

Can someone help me please. What is the name of the young man who went through last week who was very cute. He looks like he may be 17-23 years old with brown hair. I think he sat on a stool and played guitar. He had a dreamy voice and did a contemporary type song. I've looked on their site, but don't know his name. He was on last week. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Can someone help me please. What is the name of the young man who went through last week who was very cute. He looks like he may be 17-23 years old with brown hair. I think he sat on a stool and played guitar. He had a dreamy voice and did a contemporary type song. I've looked on their site, but don't know his name. He was on last week. Thanks.
    Dylan Andre? He's the only one I can think of. He'll be on next week's quarterfinal.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Dylan Andre? He's the only one I can think of. He'll be on next week's quarterfinal.
    That's him. THanks.

It looks like the last two quarterfinal groups have been revealed. According to Wikipedia, anyway.

Quarterfinal 3

Avery and the Calico Hearts
    Charles Peachock
    Fatally Unique
    Ian Johnson
    The Kinetic King
    Lys Agnes
    Melissa Villasenor
    Monet
    Purrfect Angelz
    Scott Alexander
    Taylor Davis
    Zuma Zuma

Quarterfinal 4

Captain & Maybelle
    Frank Miles
    Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.
    Mauricio Herrara
    Poplyfe
    Professor Splash
    Sam B
    Seth Grabel
    SH'Boss Boys
    Summerwind Skippers
    Team iLuminate
    Yellow Design Stunt Team

The Wildcard show acts we won't know about until all four of the quarterfinals have aired, most likely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Thanks - I'm just glad the kids on the motorcycles in the big ball are gone. Not my kind of "talent" . . . and I didn't want to see them continually "pushing the envelope" until someone got hurt.
    I don't think that was as dangerous as it looked. In fact I doubt there is much danger at all. Centrifugal force would keep them all on the sides easily, even if they stalled. And I am sure they had a specific route to follow so as not to collide. The person in the center was in no danger at all. For me it was boring and loud.
    Exhaust filled the air and what more is there to do? You could barely see them inside.

I did not like the little people at all. I am was with Piers, all the way, on this one. Howie and Sharon just put them through as part of their act to annoy Piers.

I have never liked this show much and use FF liberally.

The illuninated dance troupe with the woman controlling it on a laptop is the wings was good as was one magic act. Beyond that I am not impressed. I may have forgotten some of the acts.

The dance troups paled by comparison with SYTYCD. I thought they were all mediocre.

On a positive note! Some of these acts will find a bit of success having had the exposure and will gain some local recognition.

+ Reply to Thread