+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent

It isn't on the official NBC website, but according to the AGTNews website, the first 12 quarterfinalists are...

ANNA GRACEMAN (Singer)
    DEZMOND MEEKS (Singer/Pianist)
    DUO AERO (Trapeze Artists)
    ECHO THE PARROT (Animal Act)
    FEARLESS FLORES FAMILY (Daredevils)
    J. CHRIS NEWBERG (Comic/Musician)
    MIAMI ALL-STARS (Dance Crew)
    SANDAU TRIO RUSSIAN BAR (Acrobats)
    SNAP BOOGIE (Dancer)
    SQUONK OPERA (Band)
    THE FIDDLEHEADS (Bluegrass Band)
    THOSE FUNNY LITTLE PEOPLE (Variety Act)
    (They are the gnomes Piers seems to hate)

I remember ten of them by name (the two I don't are The Fiddleheads and Duo Aero).

This list might be inaccurate, but we won't find out for sure until Tuesday (I think).

Once again I'm losing interest because they put crap acts like the lounge singer through and canned much better acts/singers. This Reeks.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Will anybody be voting this season? I live in Canada but if I can vote online I will.

Any thoughts on the list above? Which still hasn't been officially confirmed, but I guess for now it is what it is.

I'll give mine for now.

Anna Graceman - Probably will make it through.
    Dezmond Meeks - Maybe.
    Duo Aero - Don't remember them but maybe.
    Echo - Probably not.
    Fearless Flores Family - This is the toughest for me. I mean, if I judged the act, it is pretty cool, but I don't know how much more different they can be. And like I said before, now that AGT is going live it will be harder to watch these danger acts. Them especially because of some of the ages. If I judged on that, I'd probably say no.
    J. Chris Newberg - Wasn't really funny so far and don't have high hopes.
    Miami All-Stars - Good at what they do, I suppose, but not really my thing.
    Russian Bar Trio - Like FFF, the act is pretty cool but how different can they be?
    Snap Boogie - He's good. Probably.
    Squonk Opera - I don't know. Don't really even remember them, to be honest.
    The Fiddleheads - Don't remember them either but they might be good.
    Funny Little People - Most likely no.

To conclude this post I want to bring up something which I personally find frustrating about the show and past seasons and see what other peoples' thoughts here are on it. Sad stories. To put it simply, some acts in past seasons, especially singers, just weren't good enough but they had their stories to back them up over acts in their rounds that were a lot better and more interesting to see again. The last three winners (who were all singers who I thought weren't the best in their seasons) are good examples. I don't have high hopes that that won't be the case this year and I don't believe my thoughts will change the outcome of anything but I just want to hear what other people think.

Is it me, or have we seen this before?? The last one was preempted by ladies golf, now we have a rerun tonight. Am I missing something?

FORT Fan

I just started watching this show. How many people get to move on out of the 12?

Four.

Any thoughts on tonight, anyone?

For me overall it was pretty, well, not as good as I hoped it would be.

Miami All Stars - Despite what I said yesterday, they were one of my favorites out of today's 12.
    Dezmond Meeks - He was okay but not one of my four.
    Those Funny Little People - Hmm. No.
    Fearless Flores Family - To my slight surprise I didn't spend much time debating about them. Quickly rejected them from my four.
    Squonk Opera - Absolutely 100% no.
    J. Chris Newberg - Didn't remove him from my four immediately but I did pretty soon after. Was he funnier than usual? Well, not really.
    Snap Boogie - I had a tough time thinking about this guy. Today's performance from him was kind of, well, boring, I guess? He places as either 5th or 6th for me.
    Echo - Again, to my surprise, Echo was also in my Top 4 tonight. Possibly even in the Top 2. Will he go through? I don't really know but I'd like that.
    The Fiddleheads - Didn't get good comments from the judges, but I liked them. I liked the guy's voice better than Anna's. I'll probably be disagreed with but that's me.
    Duo Aero - No. Like, I've been watching last year's season lately and they had another trapeze duo like them there too. I mean I know it's a different season but still. I don't want them through.
    Anna Graceman - Like Snap, she was a tough one. After deciding that I liked Fiddleheads better than her, she missed out on my top four.
    Russian Bar Trio - I wasn't really sure whether I wanted to see them make it at first but I was convinced that maybe they should indeed.

My Top Four

Echo
    Miami All Stars
    Fiddleheads
    Russian Bar Trio

Just Missed It

Snap Boogie
    Anna Graceman

Sure No's

Pretty much everyone else except Dezmond, who is my 7th.

Those are my thoughts.

Anybody want to post theirs? Episode discussion please.

My Top Four:

Anna Graceman
    FiddleHeads
    Snap Boogie
    Tie between Miami All Stars, Russian Bar Trio, and Duo Aero

Absolutely No:
    Echo, Squonk Opera, and Those Funny Little People

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

My Top Four:

Anna Graceman
    Fiddleheads (looks like at least a couple of people agree with you JohnnyK!)
    Snap Boogie
    Definitely Russian Bar Trio

I feel bad that the Miami All-Stars aren't on this list. If I would drop anyone it would actually be Anna. I LOVE her voice, personality and the fact that she's a kid and acts like one. And I adore that she picked out that outfit. lol She's just too young... her voice isn't going to disappear so I just think it would be best if she waited 5 years or more before she hit it big. Enough with the kids.

No from me definitively:
    Fearless Flores (I hate this act more than...
    Those Funny Little People) I only enjoyed the first time. I like the beards, that's it.
    Squonk Opera
    Duo Aero (Borrrrinng.)
    J. Chris Newberg. (Oldberg more like it, his material is old and it stinks)

My son and I watched (and critiqued ;-) ) last night. At the end:

Our Top Four
    - Miami Dance Machine
    - Snap Boogie
    - Anna Graceman
    - Echo

2 Oh-so-close
    - Desmond Meeks
    - Fiddleheads

5 Go Aways
    - Squonk Opera
    - Duo Aero
    - Russian Bar Trio
    - Fearless Florez Family
    - Chris Newberg
    - Funny Little People

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

After watching last night, I found myself hoping for better acts in the next episodes. I liked Anna Graceman, but didn't think any of the others were all that great. I hope I never see again an act where parents endanger their children's lives, nor do I want to hear a "comedian" with a guitar telling tasteless jokes accompanied by a choir of children.

+ Reply to Thread