+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent

This last episode didn't have many acts that made it. Marylee (the one who sang about Piers) kind of surprised me though, being rejected. Alaska was pretty funny, especially when Nick joined him. Out of the rejects, Robo was funny too (but not with the jokes).

I don't know about anybody else but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing that comedian guy again (forgot his name, the guy with the glasses and the suit). The three kids were pretty good and I for some reason didn't like the boyband all that much.

I don't think I've posted here since the first episode, so since then some of my newer favs are Dani Shay, Melissa Villasenor, Echo the parrot (forget the other one, this one really surprised me), comedian mentioned above, and some others that aren't coming to mind right now, I guess.

FORT Regular

i hate, hate, hate little kids on any show but the three hip hop kids were actually pretty good.

I'm behind watching this show but caught up tonight.
    Loved the 3 little boy dancers but hate little kids being on a show like this. Who would allow their little child to be an act in Vegas when they should be sleeping, playing and going to school??? That was probably a dumb question given the fact we have shows like Toddlers and Tiaras!! I just wish there were age limits.
    Not a lot to be impressed with this episode. All the rest were just so-so.

Yesterday's episode wasn't too special either. Anna was good, the swallowing guy was grossly interesting (as I've never seen anyone do what he did there at the end), but that's about all I cared about. I guess I'm not giving enough credit to the dancers but their song choice was pretty terrible. Not saying that cause I hate Justin Bieber but it just wasn't right for that act.

I thought Wednesday's episode was supposed to be a two-hour special? Oh well.

The Frank Sinatra guy is now probably my favorite singer this whole season! Wow.

I was kind of surprised to see Riley fail to make it through after they let the swallowing guy through the episode before. The story she gave before her performance (about how she practiced with knives, forks, and toothbrushes) was one I didn't need to hear. But, for me personally, that wasn't the grossest act of the night. For me it has to be the pumpkin pie eater (who also claimed he hates pumpkin pie). It wasn't watching it that grossed me out but, like, the thought.

Is anybody else still watching?

Yesterday's episode didn't have anything too special for me. The motorbikers were cool, I guess. The doctor couple at the beginning were so terrible it was almost awesome. Sam B. was pretty entertaining, but not really in a "good" way. If they let any "bad" through to the live shows this year, like they do every year, he should be one of them. The blonde girl on the guitar was kind of boring to me. Had a good story, though. The limbo girl was interesting, but I don't know how she'll top that. She may be out soon. The three-faced dancer girl was something I don't think I've ever seen before. It was interesting, sure, but I don't know it if can last.

Now, the one act I had the strongest opinions about, was the returning one. The one person I never wanted to see back on the show again after seeing him, his hardly-any-talent, and his horrible attitude the first two seasons, has to come back. I thought we were finally done with him in 2007, but no. And to make things worse (for me anyway), he was let through. But, probably won't go any further.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Ugh. The response to the motorbikers was ridiculous. First, it's been done a thousand times by hundreds of people... it's done. Second, the biggest thrill for the audience is that it was small children (the youngest ever!!) risking their lives in the "ball of death". I just find that wrong. Dangerous acts should not be more thrilling because kids are doing them. Yuck.

Given that the final prize is a show in Las Vegas (that is the prize, right?), I can't figure out what they think some of these folks are going to do to keep people entertained for an entire show. (Motorbikers, I'm looking at you.)
    AZChristian likes this.

Well, we've got two motorbike acts as we start the Live Show pick-outs next week. When I first saw the kids and heard what they were going to do, I too thought they were way too young and nobody at that age should be risking their lives as "daredevils". I have to say though, they really pulled it off well. Executed perfectly. Having said that, I don't think they have much more to bring, and even though I liked this act more than the other one, I'll ironically be looking forward to seeing the other ones more as they probably have more to bring.

Cindy Chang was awesome. Love her voice and personality. In past seasons, during the Callbacks, the judges sometimes decided that similar acts that they let through the auditions should be narrowed down to only one for the Live Shows. If they do that, I really hope they don't do it to the two female opera singers (Cindy and Lys, as they both really do deserve a shot), but rather the two bike acts instead.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I liked the opera singer. I thought she was inspirational, but not the greatest singer in the world - good, but not great.

Here's a question out of left field. Did anyone else think she looked like an oriental Meryl Streep? Her smile and mannerisms were just like Meryl's!

+ Reply to Thread